The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Public dungeon fragments are a punishment

BahometZ
BahometZ
✭✭✭✭✭
What is the point in trying to collect these fragments if half the enemies don't drop any loot.
See video:
https://www.xbox.com/play/media/4BF95ZZ4JK

Both high isle dungeons are tedious experiences, with poor layout and scarce enemies in many parts. Ghost Haven Bay is especially terrible design, in almost every area, bad map layout, few adds, unremarkable and repetitive bosses, uninspiring environment.

The blackwood public dungeons were also atrocious, unless the plan was to get players to hate the content. I will never step foot in The Silent Halls ever again. This style of collectible needs to stop. It is garbage.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 7, 2023 4:20PM
Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the new Update they will alleviate this situation, the first drop of the day will have a far higher chance of dropping IIRC.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    With the new Update they will alleviate this situation, the first drop of the day will have a far higher chance of dropping IIRC.

Is that stated in the patch notes , i would appreciate it please
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/631584/pts-patch-notes-v9-0-0#latest

Under Base Game: fixes and improvements, and then: exploration and itemization general.
    Greatly increased the drop chance for collectible fragments found in public dungeons if it is your first fragment acquisition in that dungeon of the day.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Which category did you move it to?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

The moderator is keeping the forums organized. Thank you 😊.

It's in the dungeon category.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, organised!

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would agree that these drops have far too low of a rate

this rate was fine when you only needed 7 items, like the vvardenfell and summerset public dungeons

greymoor was when they started introducing the need for 50 of the items to finish the collectible, and its been 50 in every chapter since

i would also agree the silent halls is especially awful because the drop rate is like 1/4 what the others are
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Greatly increased the drop chance for collectible fragments found in public dungeons if it is your first fragment acquisition in that dungeon of the day."

Is this per character or per account? Strangely, despite assiduously getting fragments once per day it only now dawned on me to test his.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »
    "Greatly increased the drop chance for collectible fragments found in public dungeons if it is your first fragment acquisition in that dungeon of the day."

Is this per character or per account? Strangely, despite assiduously getting fragments once per day it only now dawned on me to test his.

I think it is per account, but sometimes the drop rate in the Necrom dungeons is a bit inconsistent. At one point, I had like 4 drop in an hour. Once, I had 2 drop on the same add pull. But then another day, I went nearly 3 hours without a drop, on like 3 different characters. Finally got all 25 in each PD the other day.