The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Taking forever to download

Baird11b
Baird11b
I've been installing for an hour now and it is has not moved from 1%. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, really, really, really, really slow download speeds have been the norm since launch.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Baird11b
    Baird11b
    Ah I see, well thank you.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Baird11b,

If the speed is too slow, try running the launcher as an administrator, you can also try disabling your antivirus, firewall, Pop-up blocker, Ad-blocker or webfilter temporarily and try again. Please make sure you re-enable your web protection afterwards!

We are aware that some players are unable to patch or update the launcher due to their automatic proxy detection.

• Open Internet Explorer (even if it is not your regular web browser)
    • Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    • Go to Connections tab/LAN settings
    • Uncheck “Automatically detect proxy settings” and hit OK.
    • Press OK again to confirm.

Alternatively on your Control Panel, click on "Network and Internet" and open Internet Options:

• Connections Tab: Click on LAN settings. On the LAN settings window, uncheck all the boxes and click on OK.
    • Advanced Tab: Click on Reset and then click on Reset again.

You may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Baird11b
    Baird11b
    That worked, thank you so much