The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Is there not any Ancestral Dunmer motifs?

MafiaCat115
MafiaCat115
✭✭✭✭
I've looked through all the appearance styles as well as the lead list and I haven't seen anything about an Ancestral motif for Necrom. Seeing Ancestral Dunmer/Chimer armor was something I was really looking forward to for this expansion, especially since the projection of Nerevar in the Clockwork City could be in something other than Ancient Elf/Ayleid/base-game-Maormer armor. Is it being delayed due to all of the leads that are already in the Telvanni Peninsula zone? Maybe it'll be a reward from the endless dungeon?

To my knowledge, this is the first time since antiquities were added that an expansion zone didn't have an ancestral style; and the second time a new map didn't have an ancestral motif (first being Galen). Lost tomes of ancestral knowledge would've been perfect for the expansion focusing on Hermaeous Mora and the ancestor-worshipping Dunmer.

Maybe they were in the Indigo Tomes Ayrenn stole :smiley:
Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no. honestly i am pretty glad there isn't another antiquity motif because they are very annoying to get.
    though it would have been nice to have a daily quest motif essentially be ancestral dark elf like house hexos
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty disappointed not to see Ancestral Dunmer. I really hope they add it.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    though it would have been nice to have a daily quest motif essentially be ancestral dark elf like house hexos

I agree with you there. Antiquity locked motifs are a pain compared to House Hexos. I just more want there to be an Ancestral Dunmer motif more than it being antiquity specific
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquity Motifs are usually added an update or two after the chapter releases.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    are you sure?
    ancestral breton was included with update 34 when high isle released
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I’m pretty sure every ancestral motif has released at launch of their respective dlc. It’s the other motifs (crown store ones) that get delayed.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's actually worrying me as I sure hope new chapter styles they've described as a new spin on old dunmeri style in one of their eso live events isn't our "hexos" this time, as they are really underwhelming style and quality wise to me personally. Hope to be proven wrong in the future, can't be too many of dunmer racial styles.
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already in game, it's called Doctrine Ordinator.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is unfortunate.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Shadowbinder7
    Shadowbinder7
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I know this is a year old thread but as everyone knows, Necrom DLC has passed, a new Cyrodiil based DLC is coming, and this style hasn’t been added

Ancestral Dunmer, ancestral Khajiit, ancestral Bosmer ancestral redguard and ancestral argonian are all missing from the game. The first three would probably be the most eagerly anticipated I imagine, and like the other ancestral motifs these are SUPPOSED to be upgraded fresher versions of the base game styles in Tier 5 style (this was the case for altmer orc nord etc)

Please whoever is deciding when these get made and released, consider releasing them al together in antiquities or an alternative system (maybe something new!) so that it’s fair for all the races to have their tier 5 versions

I am dying for the tier 5 bosmer daggers (Gwendis uses them) and now, and the tier 5 dunmer staff which Valaste carries in game! It’s torture to see it for years and not be able to equip them yourself.

Devlopers, try to be consistent please, and add all these styles which I’m sure can easily be designed and released.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I know this is a year old thread but as everyone knows, Necrom DLC has passed, a new Cyrodiil based DLC is coming, and this style hasn’t been added

Ancestral Dunmer, ancestral Khajiit, ancestral Bosmer ancestral redguard and ancestral argonian are all missing from the game. The first three would probably be the most eagerly anticipated I imagine, and like the other ancestral motifs these are SUPPOSED to be upgraded fresher versions of the base game styles in Tier 5 style (this was the case for altmer orc nord etc)

Please whoever is deciding when these get made and released, consider releasing them al together in antiquities or an alternative system (maybe something new!) so that it’s fair for all the races to have their tier 5 versions

I am dying for the tier 5 bosmer daggers (Gwendis uses them) and now, and the tier 5 dunmer staff which Valaste carries in game! It’s torture to see it for years and not be able to equip them yourself.

Devlopers, try to be consistent please, and add all these styles which I’m sure can easily be designed and released.

Huh, yeah I wouldn't mind an ancestral khajiit motif at some point.

Always liked the hard-leather hock/bell-bottom design of the sabatons. Goes great with the Thieves Guild Greaves.