The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flashes during Scrying and migraines

Photosniper89
Photosniper89
✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to turn off the bright flashes that happen during scrying?

On multiple occasions I have gotten migraines shortly after completing a series of scrying. I don't suffer from migraines regularly but there is just something about scrying that gives them to me.

It's gotten to the point where I just have to close my eyes when I start scrying and when I complete it... it's really frustrating (not to mention puts me in bed for the remainder of my day/night).
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 9, 2023 5:15PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the General Help section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    COD recently added an accessibility-like feature that swaps out the sudden bright white that the screen does when a player is hit with a flashbang, with sudden blackness. It’s easier on the eyes, for sure.

Personally, I stick with the default look of flashbangs because that’s what I’ve grown accustomed to after all these years.

But I definitely agree that there’s no need for those flashes from scrying. Absolutely useless and does literally nothing for gameplay. I wish devs would be more mindful about bright, flashy things in their games.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the devs can add something in the game to where we can disable this. Surely I'm not the only one who has IRL implications from that aggressive flashing.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking for ways to disable all the bright white flashes of light for a very long time now. It's not unusual for different steps of some quests to flash in our faces without warning. These are painful and not necessary. If they do this to phase the area after killing a quest boss for example, they could have it fade to black instead like they do when placing the pieces of the map in Vvardenfell.
    PCNA
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking for ways to disable all the bright white flashes of light for a very long time now. It's not unusual for different steps of some quests to flash in our faces without warning. These are painful and not necessary. If they do this to phase the area after killing a quest boss for example, they could have it fade to black instead like they do when placing the pieces of the map in Vvardenfell.

True.

The one positive thing about it happening during scrying is that at least I know exactly when it will happen so I can close my eyes until I hear the sound and know it's okay to open them. Frustrating but.... it is what it is I guess. /sad
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sadly no way to turn it off
    i hope it'll get added soon
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, I have to close my eyes every time the scrying table pops up.

I'd be happy if that flashes was somehow amended by ZOS in the next patch.

A moment of work for a skilled coder, but a much lesser burdens for thousands eyes.

Especially that it's part of the content we pay for as subscribers.
    Edited by Gargath on May 6, 2023 8:21AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You are welcome to submit Feedback for this request. Our FAQ below goes over how to do so.

How do I submit feedback and bug reports on PC/Mac?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.