The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Forum Account Removal Question

RomanRex
RomanRex
✭✭✭
Hello,

I would like to have my forum account and all posts permanently removed. Many of the conversations gets toxic quickly on here. In the community rules, I saw that you can have a real game account deleted as a result of forum conversations.

Not that I am nervous about my behavior, but I feel like engaging with people on the forums is too great of a risk. I don’t want to ever take a chance of my account being deleted for trying to have conversations on here with users who may be easily offended.

I have seen another question answered about this, but wasn’t sure what option to select after:

Account > Windows > I need help with a forum account > ?

None of the options are for forum account removal. Thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 4, 2023 4:42PM

Best Answers

• RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    “Enforcement and application of the ESO Community Code of Conduct will be at the sole discretion of ZeniMax Online Studios, and authorized members of the ESO Team. Material that is deemed offensive, illegal, or inappropriate in any way will be removed at the sole discretion of ZeniMax Online Studios. Please be aware that violating the ESO Community Code of Conduct can lead to disciplinary action, including — but not limited to — temporary suspension, banning, and the permanent closure of your ESO forum account and ESO game account, if the circumstances warrant it.”
    Edited by RomanRex on April 27, 2023 8:10AM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit thinks that perhaps you could try ... logging out? -shrug- It often works for this one when his tail gets stepped on too often.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit thinks that perhaps you could try ... logging out? -shrug- It often works for this one when his tail gets stepped on too often.

Happy to do that. Do I have to manually delete my posts if I don’t want them to be available to view? I know this is a public website and I don’t want to have any contribution I have made still remaining after I log out.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    When opening a ticket for this request you can also go under the Privacy/Personal Data category.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 3, 2023 8:26PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill
    Hi Bill,
    Yes, I can access that sub-menu but am unsure what to select next. There isn’t an option for forum account removal and I am nervous they will just delete my ESO account which is the exact opposite of what I’m trying to achieve. “Delete personal information and account” seems to be for the game and not forums.
    Thank you,
    James
    Edited by RomanRex on April 27, 2023 11:19PM
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill
    Hi Bill,

I am willing to individually delete all my previous posts, but I similarly don’t see how to do that. (Or if it can be done from the user side at all.)

Retrospective cancel culture (often used for out-of-context posts) is getting increasingly aggressive and I am opting to delete all my social media. I want to be sure my posts are permanently removed.

Thanks again,
    James
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Whether or not they can be deleted, posts can always be erased.

It's standard to leave a bit of replacement text. I use "nm" (for "never mind").

[Edited post to match context]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 3, 2023 8:28PM
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    Go into every note, edit and blank it out? It will take me a few hours, but if that is the only way… I guess that’s the route to take?
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    Update:
    @ZOS_Bill
    I have taken time to rewrite all my comments, but there is a closed discussion that I need my comments removed from to be complete. I would still prefer to have all my posts ACTUALLY deleted if possible.

All of my posts were rewritten with:
    [Post cleared by account owner due to privacy concerns and inability to delete comments.]

Can anyone please help me or tell me how to contact the correct customer service person?
    Thanks,
    James
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    (Also, if this comment overwriting method is what is necessary I would also like ZOS to anonymize my forum name.)
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much @ZOS_Bill !
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this issue has now been resolved, we are going to close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.