The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Arcanist Domain should not provide Minor Courage

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Stop making trial sets redundant.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »

Not every group is an optimized group. This gives the mainstream player more options to get the buff.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was concerned about this too but I don't think it'll make yoln redundant. Not every run will have an arcanist in it and not all content is still and grouped enough to warrant dependency on the arcanist AoE for minor courage.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no this is awesome because not everyone already has trial sets.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed.

Not only is minor courage a common buff provided by many tank sets. It is also provided by oaken soul and werewolf pack leader morph.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like this just open up group comps to new options. Even at the highest end this just creates opportunities for new set ups and group comps.
    Edited by Tessitura on April 25, 2023 8:50PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It create choice. It should stay
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for tanks and Yoln, but as a healer I would jump for joy if SPC and Olorime were suddenly made irrelevant by a skill. I'm tired of having such limited build options.
  • Mr_Jord_Joe
    Mr_Jord_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    No, because this opens up possibilities for using other sets with better bonuses, than spending an entire equipment for minor courage... and as someone already said here, not every group is optimized, as this will help many groups , nowadays nobody is satisfied with anything, not even with good things, holy christ...
    Edited by Mr_Jord_Joe on April 26, 2023 4:05AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    Things like this just open up group comps to new options. Even at the highest end this just creates opportunities for new set ups and group comps.

This. Tanks have been stuck in Yolnahkriin for 4 years. It will be nice to have some options. When was the last time you saw Ebon in a trial? Or Hircine? Morag Tong? Torugs? There wasn't room, until now.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on April 26, 2023 4:14AM
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »

Not every group is an optimized group. This gives the mainstream player more options to get the buff.

Just having Yolna doesn't make it "optimized". nSS is easy to pug.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Agreed.

Not only is minor courage a common buff provided by many tank sets. It is also provided by oaken soul and werewolf pack leader morph.

Its common because they wear a set. I haven't seen a WW in a trial in years.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making one set redundant creates other options.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    Making one set redundant creates other options.

I wouldnt call it redundent. I mean yolnakrin will likely do better in fight that have a lot of moving around. Kind of like spc vs olorime. Also you could have a night with no arcanist avaiable
  • Talonlord
    Talonlord
    I agree with the general sentiment on both ends. If Yolna were like a B-tier set and still got nothing in return for being made obsolete I'd be more bothered, but Yolna has had a near-monopoly on Tank gear slots for so long that I'm just looking forward to seeing what other sets I can bring now that a 5-piece slot has opened up.