Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Weird half-screen "flickering" of sorts, hard to describe!

Losian
Losian
I'm running Win7 64bit, GTX 480 Nvidia, Intel i7 3.2ghz, GPU drivers are up to date, as are network drivers and so forth!

It isn't tearing that I'm experiencing - I've already fiddled with vsync within Nvidia's control panel and fixed that.

Basically what happens is that when I'm running around the top half or so of the screen will kinda 'flicker' sometimes and it looks like it's rendering part of a screen, but it's not right and sorta projects over what I'm looking at.. it's *extremely* brief, so probably just a frame or so, and easy to reproduce.. It happens fairly often when I'm running around.

When I ran FRAPs to attempt to capture it the problem seemed to cease ( but I started to get a lot more tearing/stuttering ) which leads me to believe it has to do with displaying frames/frame rate/refresh rate or some such. Anyone got any thoughts? I'm sitting at 99/100 FPS pretty much without dropping below 80 or so. Is there a way to cap framerate to refresh rate or something, maybe?

I also notice if I enable Vsync within the application is running it caps me to 60FPS but I get some wicked tearing, which obviously shouldn't be happening.. ESO's built-in vsync seems out of whack somehow!
Edited by Losian on March 31, 2014 11:45PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you jumping and playing in 1st person?

There is a known display bug related to that and it looks kinda what you're describing.
    Basically, in 1st person, when you land back on the ground from a jump, the screen "flickers" for a split second.
    :(
  • Losian
    Losian
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Are you jumping and playing in 1st person?

There is a known display bug related to that and it looks kinda what you're describing.
    Basically, in 1st person, when you land back on the ground from a jump, the screen "flickers" for a split second.
    :(

Hmm.. Nope! Just sprinting back and forth on the beach - I did jump a few times and didn't see much happen when I did, or at least nothing similar to my original issue. Thanks for the thought, though!