The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Upgrading to Necrom - Question

agelonestar
agelonestar
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to upgrade to Necrom.

Both the ordinary and "deluxe" Necrom upgrades omit previous chapters. However, the non-upgrade versions of Necrom DO include previous chapters.

Does anyone know, if I buy the non-upgrade versions of the Necrom chapter, can I apply that to my existing account? It seems crazy that as as an existing customer I'd have to buy the High Isle AND Necrom chapters seperately when a new customer can buy Necrom and get everything loaded in.

Maybe @ZOS_Kevin knows ?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 16, 2023 5:54PM
GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the upgrade is just Necrom and the collection includes previous chapters too.
    what's the confusion exactly?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

The "upgrade" versions are supposed to be for those who already have the game, therefore their game is upgraded.

The other versions (that include previous versions) are not upgrades, they're the "full game".

It's not clear whether buying the "full game" would count as an upgrade to an existing account.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (I've never skipped a Chapter before and wanted to do things this way, so I just don't know the answer.....)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The "upgrade" versions are supposed to be for those who already have the game, therefore their game is upgraded.

The other versions (that include previous versions) are not upgrades, they're the "full game".

It's not clear whether buying the "full game" would count as an upgrade to an existing account.

i bought the high isle collection last year and it does count as an upgrade to your existing account because you're buying it with the same account.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i bought the high isle collection last year and it does count as an upgrade to your existing account because you're buying it with the same account.

OK thanks - that's helpful :)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy the full game to get all the previous chapters you can use that code like an upgrade code, yes. It's a bit more expensive that way, but depending on how many chapters you missed out on it is worth it. I think Gina even confirmed that it works like that somewhere...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are multiple threads on this topic, we have decided to close this thread.

Please see our FAQs linked below for information on what entitlements come with your Necrom purchase and when. If you did not get the correct items, please go ahead and contact customer support.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.