The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealth classes are always broken. Prove me wrong

kirk_lewis_ESO
kirk_lewis_ESO
✭✭✭
Discuss
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 24, 2023 3:15AM
Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that sneaky thiefy thing never appealed to me so personally I wouldn’t know, never used that play style.
    Edited by isadoraisacat on April 23, 2023 12:38AM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never used it but I have no issues countering so it doesn't matter to me.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on April 23, 2023 12:45AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use it personally. And I don't care if you think it's 'broke".

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok cool
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they certainly did break Bosmers when they took theirs away.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always might not be 100% accurate but, I would say that generally the archetype doesn't produce enjoyable PvP gameplay when other forms of play exist.

It's not really fun to not be able to punish people that attack you for many people.

It's not really fun to get killed out of nowhere for many people.

It's not really fun to have a teammate that can't do much in normal situations because their investment into stealth limits their character in other areas which leaves you stuck hoping they produce abnormal situations or losing.

With that said, the archetype is like one shot snipers or fast short range burst damage characters in that despite it generally being a pain to play against or play on a team with it's probably not going anywhere.
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on April 23, 2023 1:38AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I consider them environmental hazards. Once you know they're there or if they mess up (you see them before they go stealth/know where exactly they are) they're not a problem.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In general, anything that annoys you is often called 'broken'.

Stealth players are no more annoying than unkillable tank builds, gankers or players who hog and keep getting Emp, over and over and over again. I pity all of them - and that's just the start of my list.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Snaggel
    Snaggel
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades hide in the shadows. Others hide behind their shield or a fat, regenerative and mitigating hitpoint bar (except for sorcerers who hide in the distance with streak/BOL).

It's all fair game. Maybe consider taking any free targeting direct aoe ability with decent radius or stealth detect (especially potions) to completely invalidate the defense stealth provides. Easy to dot them down too and they'll die in stealth unless they come out of it to heal themselves, that's when you can strike. Like a submarine that has to resurface.There are plentiful of counters. Not so many counters for block, namely to dogpile on a blocking person and simple exhaust them with superior numbers or a few skills that can CC enemies bypassing block.

It is namely in imperial city where stealth is a problem because the stakes of loosing your valuables to a surprse gank without alerting you if you should run away are much higher.

You also got to remember that a stealthed person is not contributing in any direct damage, healing or drawing aggro. In teamplay, a lot of players hate stealth players because it means that they are the ones who will get piled on while the stealthed player usually pops like a balloon if any competent player tries to apply any burst because a stealth playstyle, in order to be effective, requires a vast majority of your resources to be allocated into offense with very little room for defense.

Of course stealth is also situationally strong when it can be used to bypass player awareness to kill them, which makes it so satisfying to play and frustrating to play against, but there's still at least one person who has good time when they can succesfully play with stealth. You cannot please everyone. That is true until a stealth player faces a group of people and none of them are fragile enough to be bursted, they have the tools to relentlessly hunt/burst you down or a reactive healer to save the poor person getting ambushed. You see that a lot among skilled players.

Start hiding behind your own defenses, group up, slot anti stealth skills and you'll fare fine against stealth. Personally, I find it more aggravating having to deal with swift, tanky and perman blocking/dodging players that runs in rings around a stupid rock, tree or even a crate, canceling all your animations and attacks while they get a free reign to heal themselves. It's called exploiting line of sight and I think that's a much greater issue and a form of defense than a stealth is, but that's another story.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't just 'play' a Stealth character. Its not like a Warrior or Mage where you just melee with other players or throw spells around.

No a stealth character is a unique experience because it first requires patience. And for many players this is not fun apparently hah. But it can be loads of fun when you realize this and use it to your advantage. Its a manner of thinking first and gameplay second.

Furthermore, people complain about Stealth characters you know not performing to their standards in a group or what not. Fun fact, the value a Stealth character contributes is because they're different from the rest of the group. They are the derivative to your equation that's one step forward or backward that others in the group cannot make.
    Edited by Vulkunne on April 23, 2023 5:35AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Well they certainly did break Bosmers when they took theirs away.

Hence my feline thief's name:

Grumpy Ex Wood Elf
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No more so than tank classes.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken in what context? In PvE, stealth isn't that important and anyone can carry stealth related sets or drink invisibility potions.

In PvP, there are so many counters to stealth, just need to pick the one that suits you the best.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point 1: absolute statements are very rarely correct.

Point 2: assertions of opinion followed by "prove me wrong" are always incorrect.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth isn't broken at all. It's actually really easy to counter. You are probably running across people who not just run stealth, but actually play stealthily. Deliberately setting up the opponent, waiting for the right moment to strike, hitting with all they have and fading away again. There are ways to mitigate this, simplest comes from Fighter's and Mages guild lines. More complex ones come from sets, but that is really for people who don't want to sacrifice a single skill slot to do it (or can't in the case of one bar players).

Nearly every AOE/Ground Effect in the game breaks stealth. Combine that with Dark Convergence and drop caltrops in front of you. Watch the stealthed characters get pulled to you and broken out of stealth, then damaged twice over, on top of whatever you can do to them while they are pulled/stunned. That's just a quick example of a simple and very achievable counter that doesn't give up a skill slot for Magelight.

Some monster sets like Baron Thirsk mark the enemy, which gives you a free way to see them if they go back into stealth and does damage on top of it. You used to be able to use Soul Assault to flat out prevent them from returning to stealth at all (I dunno if they changed that, haven't used the soul tree in years).

Finally, playing a Nightblade is the best counter to a Nightblade. You have all the tools you need to counter stealth built in to the class.

If that's not enough for you, here is a video from 4 years ago that proves how easy it is to (and how many ways you can) counter stealth.

https://youtu.be/aiHSGXi8eNo

That's all I got.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on April 23, 2023 1:29PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect Potions.

Drink one and watch them flail wondering why you're attacking them when they've been spamming Cloak.

I say this as a Nightblade main.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't enjoy it when people make posts like this, because usually they already have a very entrenched opinion, and they don't want to be proven wrong, they just want their opinion reinforced.

You don't even state how you think they are "broken".

Sometimes when people make forum posts complaining about stealth it's because they just failed a Heist. Or because they just got ganked in PvP.
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    The problem I have with Stealth in PvP is that Cloak is a get-out-of-jail free card. Mages Guild Light is bugged and doesn't preven NBs from re-cloaking.
    Get into a fight, roll your head on your kb, press cloak, leave. I know it works like this because I do that from time to time, and I get kills, and I easily get out of fights.
    Also it's incredibly frustrating to fight against a cloak NB, kinda like punching the air against something invisible and too fast, and the only thing that end the fight is you surrendering, or walk very far.
    Detect potions is good stuff but then we're forced to only use them.
    It reminds me of the Dead-Ringer in TF2.
    Stealthy one-shot assassin builds are fine in my opinion, the get out of jail free card isn't.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB stealth is grossly OP, no question about it. It shouldn't last as long as it does, and they shouldn't be able to initiate a fight then immediately disappear into stealth. There should be at least a 3 second cool down for going back into stealth after initiating combat.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have with Stealth in PvP is that Cloak is a get-out-of-jail free card. Mages Guild Light is bugged and doesn't preven NBs from re-cloaking.
    Get into a fight, roll your head on your kb, press cloak, leave. I know it works like this because I do that from time to time, and I get kills, and I easily get out of fights.
    Also it's incredibly frustrating to fight against a cloak NB, kinda like punching the air against something invisible and too fast, and the only thing that end the fight is you surrendering, or walk very far.
    Detect potions is good stuff but then we're forced to only use them.
    It reminds me of the Dead-Ringer in TF2.
    Stealthy one-shot assassin builds are fine in my opinion, the get out of jail free card isn't.

I have both my standard Stam Crit pots and Detect Pots on my wheel, with the detect secondary. Whenever I see a nightblade pop in on someone nearby I quickly swap out pots, rush over and drink one. As long as I stay near them I'm lighting the NB up for everyone else nearby.

I have noticed though the duality of Magelight. Everyone trying to use it claims it doesn't work. Every nightblade, including myself, claims they get marked by it often.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fix detection skills missing reveal "tick" and re-stealth penalty and it will be fine even if IMO they all cost too much for what they do compared to cloak itself. Radiant Magelight seem to be most reliable from all other morphs. Pots are fine, considering you have to sacrifice choice of another pot to use.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Magelight is the range. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that most NB's know to do a couple of rolls away after melee attacking or just attacking from range to avoid it. Most seasoned Blades aren't gonna stand around in a 5-meter radius after they hit you. It's hit, roll twice, stealth, move (if I don't know if you have it) or if I know you have it, ranged attack and stealth again.

You can prevent this by dropping an aoe around a NB when they pop out. Or, if you really hate getting ganked, playing a NB and using Reaper's Mark on them when you see them.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on April 23, 2023 10:58PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just can't take a "Prove me wrong" statements seriously. The person making them is either so entrenched in their thinking discussion is futile or they make it just make it for kicks hoping to start something.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Magelight is the range. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that most NB's know to do a couple of rolls away after melee attacking or just attacking from range to avoid it. Most seasoned Blades aren't gonna stand around in a 5-meter radius after they hit you. It's hit, roll twice, stealth, move (if I don't know if you have it) or if I know you have it, ranged attack and stealth again.

You can prevent this by dropping an aoe around a NB when they pop out. Or, if you really hate getting ganked, playing a NB and using Reaper's Mark on them when you see them.

5 meter radius? It's 8 meters away from you, which means it's farther than melee range.

The change buffing all detection abilities was patch 7.1.5. (Waking Flame), and you can see all the buffs at this link.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7368146/#Comment_7368146

Magelight, Expert Hunter, and Flare all got buffed with Magelight and Expert Hunter having their ticks for detection getting reduced from a second to half a second, Flare getting Major Protection for just being slotted, and the duration increased on from 3 seconds to 4 on everything.

It is more easy to catch cloakers now than it's ever been, and people still complain despite the fact active uses of detection outright shuts down invisibility. A good trick is to run where the invisibile person is going to be than to blindly run where they used to be. Odds are they're no longer at that spot anymore.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crutch skill on a crutch class. There are so many nbs these days that many are bad, somehow. For a skilled player, nb is now a bigger carry than dk. Fastest speed, highest burst dmg, 2nd strongest heals, no longer squishy (at all)…. and cloak, which over half of nbs on the forum will argue is underpowered and easily countered.

At a minimum, zos should fix the reveal skills to prevent immediately recloaking.

No class should be able to cloak away from damage in the middle of a melee brawl. Roll dodge, block, sure. But one class that can repeatedly “disappear” to avoid all incoming damage? Really?

Edited by Caribou77 on April 24, 2023 7:22AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    No a stealth character is a unique experience because it first requires patience.
    Or, like my experience in BGs last night, you wait until a target is engaged with another player(s) and attempt to burst them from range.

I guess it does require patience, but it still frustrates.
    Edited by Kartalin on April 24, 2023 3:17PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run soul assault on my magplar and that feels pretty good. With that in mind I am also a glass cannon with 8k spell damage shooting laser beams from the outside of the fight.
    PvP needs more love.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an MMO with no stealth class and in that game they don't have a tank meta, what they have is so much worse.

It is a ranged meta, and it is why a strong stealth class is necessary to healthy pvp.

When ranged players have nothing to fear because they can see any threat heading their way, they become out of control. If it weren't for gankers, PVP would be full of magsorcs running 17k health. Those magsorcs would kill you with 3 pointers from across the map 24/7, and if they whiffed once they'd just do it again and steak away if you got close. That play style being near unviable, and the fact that so many players are built to survive a health-check gank is a sign that ESO PVP isn't that unhealthy.

It's hard to balance, but it's a part of balance in these games. In fact, you could say stealth classes enforce balance because a build that doesn't concede enough damage to survive a gank is arguably unviable.

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you've ever played TF2, a class based shooter, you'd know that Spy (the stealth class) is one of the worst classes in the game. Yet, it's also one of the classes newer players rage at the most.

Stealth classes in any game are "noob" stompers because they tend to punish bad/uninformed gameplay. In return, they're often countered with relative ease using in-game mechanics, teamwork, and game-sense. Are nightblades strong right now? Absolutely - they've been receiving buff after buff for a few patches now with relatively few nerfs. But I wouldn't paint with such a broad stroke and say that all stealth characters in games are broken at all - there's a plethora of games where the "Stealth" class sees relatively low use/pick-rate.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on April 26, 2023 2:45AM