The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game download just not happening.

makers90
makers90
Alright guys. So I've just bought the game, got all excited about the early access and then saw the download speed. I'm not too miffed about it, I get that you've made a mammoth game that's top, and everybody's fuming because the game's not clean enough to stop them showering yet, but I would really appreciate some guidance or explanation. I'm pretty tech savvy and have done what I can this end to optimise download speed, and I understand that everybody is downloading at once, but I've got a 95 hour download ahead of me (that's not an exaggeration) and I'm going to completely miss any early access. Some help? Otherwise my monitor's about to get Fus Ro Dah'd. Cheers mates.
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried downloading in safe mode? Sometimes that speeds it up.
    PC/NA/AD
    Alaudria - v16 Altmer Sorc
    Teleia Opisthia - v16 Imperial Templar (Tank)
    Fionna Dark-Heart - v16 Imperial DK (Tank)
    Katniss Never Seen - v16 Bosmer NB
    Stilettos and a Lava Whip - v16 Dunmer DK
    Kerasi Moro - v16 Breton Templar
    Kyria Lathraia - v16 Imperial NB
  • makers90
    makers90
    As it goes, I haven't. I'll give it a blast. Cheers
  • makers90
    makers90
    Safe mode no good.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @makers90,

If the speed is too slow, try running the launcher as an administrator, you can also try disabling your antivirus, firewall, Pop-up blocker, Ad-blocker or webfilter temporarily and try again. Please make sure you re-enable your web protection afterwards!

We are aware that some players are unable to patch or update the launcher due to their automatic proxy detection.

• Open Internet Explorer (even if it is not your regular web browser)
    • Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    • Go to Connections tab/LAN settings
    • Uncheck “Automatically detect proxy settings” and hit OK.
    • Press OK again to confirm.

Alternatively on your Control Panel, click on "Network and Internet" and open Internet Options:

• Connections Tab: Click on LAN settings. On the LAN settings window, uncheck all the boxes and click on OK.
    • Advanced Tab: Click on Reset and then click on Reset again.

You may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post