The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold sellers/farmers and spammers

relaxed83
relaxed83
✭✭✭
What is going to be done about this? It's only day two and I see CRAZY amounts of gold spammers already, I block a character and poof another name appears and starts spamming.... Please address this quickly before it destroys this beautiful game! Will ESO make an announcement on when and how this will be addressed? Also an easier way to report them would be helpful like right click report gold scam/spam. Then an report is automatically sent to support to be dealt with asap. Please respond.

Cheers,
Brooks Bray
  • Alaina
    Alaina
    I agree with this. I report every one I see and it takes way too much time to report them. A better solution needs to be found. But in the mean time we all need to keep reporting them and ignore them after you report. The more reporting you do, the more the people in charge will do something about it.
  • Darquer
    Darquer
    ✭✭✭
    This got worse. The spammer continuously repeats a message so large that you can't scroll up to ignore the name at all. Zone chat is now completely worthless.

Do something about this. If you can't deal with the individual, give us the ability to filter out messages by keyword!

• Sindane
    Sindane
    ✭✭
    For the 1st time ever in a game, I had to turn off Zone chat. There is literally nothing else in it except some gold sellers spam as far up as I can scroll.

Totally unacceptable.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs more right click context menus in chat. The normal ones we get in any MMO (ask the devs/coders to log into any MMO to get an idea of how it's supposed to go).

Till then I renamed my chat window to SPAM, and shoved it to the back of my chat windows where I can't see it.
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    I had to turn off my zone chat. Bummer...
    Savvy?

• Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they really need to make the reporting a single right click like the ignore. And for the ones that are using huge blocks of text, go into your settings and change the chat size to tiny. It's a pain to read, but you can see the name to click.
  • Keirdash_ESO
    Keirdash_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    They're getting smarter. They've made the text so long I can't even find the name to ignore them...... Something has to be done before this gets anymore out of control.
  • FizzerUK
    FizzerUK
    ✭✭✭
    I will give you 1 piece of advice...

Don't say a word about it. I harassed one and got this from Zenimax for my trouble....

I apologize for the previous message being unfinished. That was a mistake on my part.

You have been suspended from the game for a duration of 72 hours due to attempting to sell gold in game.
    Your account will be accessible at the end of those 72 hours.
    If you have any questions or concerns about this matter or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us, as we are more than happy to help you!

Thank you for your continued interest and support!
  • Sarevok
    Sarevok
    ✭✭
    For those that are having trouble seeing the name open up settings, goto social and change the text size for chat to 8 or 10. Report than change it back.