The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 38 - Feedback Thread for Bastion Nymic World Events

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Bastion Nymic world events. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to locate these?
  • Which section(s) of Bastion Nymic did you explore? Which was most/least fun?
  • Did you solve any puzzles? If so, which ones?
  • How many other players joined you in the instance?
  • How was the level of difficulty?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 17, 2023 6:28PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like such a bizarre design choice as a response to "requests for harder overland content".

There are two reasons to farm this content: to get the daily-time-gated 30 kills achievement, or to farm furnishing plans.

The bosses being super difficult is obnoxious when you have to do it for a month. Or more, if farming ultra rare furnishing plans.

Yeah, the bosses are going to melt on week 1 when the content is fresh. And during Zone Celebration events.

But apart from that, higher difficulty for these is not a good direction for longevity IMO. The people who play at non-peak times and a few years down the line, are probably gonna struggle doing this.

Part of the reason is because "higher difficulty" is just code for solo-exclusionary mechanics like CC requiring another player's interrupt, instakill mechs, DOTs only a Tank could tank etc.

Just my two cents, I farmed Elsweyr dailies in mid 2020. It was already dead content.
    Edited by xgoku1 on April 18, 2023 6:32PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Difficulty in this games too often goes to extremes - it is often boringly easly or stressfully hard (often in annoying way, by one-shot mechanics or forced limits). It would be nice to have more middle ground. People talking about more difficult overland mostly don't want living hell which will push them to the limits. It's more about difference which we already have between normal delves and Craglorn group delves. First is boringly easy for 90% of playerbase, second is still easy enough to not being stressfull, but also it's harder enough to bring a bit more challenge, time to actually cast some skills (mostly at bossess) and sometimes even die. For elitists of course it will be still too easy, but the point is that we can't think only about weakest and strongest players, when majority of playerbase is just medium. We need medium content for medium players - not easy, not hard - just medium. To have fun, to have some challenge, but without pulling hairs from head.

Why not make for example half delves easy as always and half of them with medium difficulty of Craglorn group delves (with separate dailiy quests for both of them)? Why not put a small, harder areas in every new zone with more and harder enemies (but only a bit stronger, without extremes?) at some dead ends, away from main roads? It is really that scary that every zone will have some harder areas, if they will be easy avoidable? You can avoid dragons or world bossess, so why not put some bandit camp, even with special icon which will alert player that there is harder place in map? You can make all of this without seperating playerbase between seperate versions of zones. You can eventually make seperate difficulties for delves and public dungeons, because their are already seperated from main zones, so it shouldn't be problem. There are so many options to make it right.

This is what we want as harder difficult, not this over hard, over complicated, time consuming and group depended thing. For 4-man content I have dungeons, from overland I expect to do things solo or cooperate with strangers (in spontaneous way) without limiting to premade group.

The same thing was with wandering bossess - while it's nice addition and I'm glad that we have it, it's not answer to what we want as harder overland. Main goal is to have SOLO challenge, for example by attacking strong camp of bandits. Now I have mainly two options - be bored as solo player or depended to others with challenges too difficult for one man (or just not fun to do solo, when you have to kill big enemy with 10m health and it takes forever for one person).

I hope that someone will read and consider all this, because it's' really not a big challange to mix come content and give just more variety of difficulty without extremes and punishing weaker players (they still can ask someone to help for this harder delve or bandit camp like they alraedy doing with world bosses or other group content). It can also have positive impact because doing a bit more challenge in overland without pushing too far, we give accessible challenge to learn how to play better and players should learn this a bit already in overland, not just in group dungeons and trials, where they are often shocked by difficulty peak.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a few things:

- got the five ichor, went into a portal. Portal icon was black.
    - beat the boss in Vaermina's section.
    - quest updated to fight the boss(es) in the middle of the map, which were the Dreadful Herald and the Irrefutable Herald at the same time
    - completed the middle boss fight
    - continued to explore; there were NO mobs ANYWHERE in the parts of Hermaeus Mora's section that we could reach
    - went through Peryite's section; beat the boss there
    - re-examined Hermaeus Mora's section; still no mobs
    - exited
    - the portal icon on the map remained black even though we had completed the Nymic daily quest, so not sure what's required to turn it white
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole idea looks very cool, and I appriciate it, but TBH it doesn’t adress the „trivial overland problem” that many players have. Overland and all of its quests are mostly done solo. And in this solo-eso expierience many players feel bored and unengaged. Just add the vet overland option. You say it would split players to more instances? I don’t care, while doing the zone story I even dont like other players interupting my „you’re our only hope” expierience. You say its too much work to tune the difficulty of all zones and mobs? And I just said the current state of this tunig is unacceptable ;) Also I liked what you did with Galen last boss, hope we will stick to this direction in Necrom story. Sorry for this offtopic, but I heard those new world events are a response for our ver overland prayers, so wanted to share some feedback.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    Putting link to other thread here. Maybe it could be merged into this official one ?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/631700/bastion-nymic-daily-who-is-the-intended-audience-for-this#latest

• valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted in the other thread a bit already, as have others, and I'm not going to rehash it all here except to give a TL:DR in case the other thread isn't looked at by the devs...

Too long, too difficult, too complicated for a "daily quest". Boring and tedious to repeat more than a minimal number of times (as is usually intended for a "daily").

Give the quest a different icon, move the questgiver away from the other dailies, make it *clear that this is a group quest akin to a dungeon-lite or arena-lite*.

And do not lock items from other aspects of the game behind this quest. Give it some interesting rewards, sure... but please keep it optional. Many of your players do want forced grouping.

It is too difficult and too long for most of your playerbase, and it will likely quickly become dead content, impossible for many future players to complete, once the high end players / guilds / people playing Necrom on day one get their rewards and move on.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on April 19, 2023 1:02PM
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    I will consolidate my feedback here for the Devs that I posted in the other thread, as I was one of the very 'few' that completed the entire quest so far.

First:
    I will say though gating a TOT card behind extremely challenging content will likely not go over well. My suggestion is to have it drop from one of the 5 bosses outside/rather than inside the 'dungeon like' instance. This way the 5 bosses kind of act like Overland World Bosses where people could just run up and kill them alongside who ever else is in the proximity without having to actually group with others. Then both the 'group' aspect and the 'dungeon like' aspect are not gating the TOT fragment.

Second:
    Although I am sure it said something when I picked up the Daily - it wasn't quite clear of the difficulty level or what I was getting myself into.

Third:
    I would recommend for the 5 bosses from the part 1 to change it to 3 for the essence of the time sync for this quest OR break this into two quests entirely. Having the 5 bosses be 1 quest for the 'daily' and then mark the Part 2 as more of a 'Dungeon experience' and maybe add it to the Dungeon Group finder or some other finder mechanic.

This one isn't going to give any suggestions on the actual combat difficulty of either the 5 bosses or the 'dungeon like' instance as I am not really that experienced with these types of mechanics.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I've quite enjoyed these new world events. My expectations for these is they shouldnt be soloable really and should be difficult to complete and I think this does that well. There is a lot in these, and you can easily spend 1-2 hours in here doing it all. It's worth saying most of this is side achievements stuff that you will do once and never again unless farming gear or if leads are dropping so I'm not so worried about the time taken for a daily. The actual question content needed to complete isnt too bad for me.

What I Enjoyed

Gathering the 5 materials to summon the portal is shared across the group, we ran in 2 and got 2 drops per boss which was 4 total per boss kill out of the 5 making it quite quick, especially since the bosses werent too far apart.

The portals themselves, I loved the look of the different zones within them and they all had a unique look to them.

If i wanted to just complete the daily then this is a 20 minute or so run with 2 people going in blind pretty much. With 4 it would be way quicker.

I loved the puzzle aspect and trying to figure it out. It doesnt hold your hand to get the side achievements like solving the puzzles and finding the other bosses. We messed up on the Peryite until we figured it out and then got that achievement. The Dreamer one we didnt get as we killed the end boss in that zone and it blocked us from completing that one and the other zone too.

What I think could be better

Calling this out as a group activity and maybe adding an option to queue for a group in the tool would be useful.

Dont have it so mobs re-spawn after a while, this just adds time to the run and confuses matters when you're trying to explore and figure out whether you've been somewhere already.

In the dreamer zone the fissures seemed to have timers on them which doesnt show on the character sheet. I'd like those removed so you dont waste time trying to find the portal just for it to run out.

As mentioned above our run ended after Kynemarcher Strix, once we killed it all doors werent able to be used and we couldnt do the rest of the puzzle. Remove anything like this which punishes you based on how you complete it.

Overall though I really enjoyed it and think this is way better than the dragons, fissures or harrowstorms from old chapters.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on April 19, 2023 5:45PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - This event imho is not a "World Event" activity in a 1st place:
    At least it does not feel like it. It feels out of place. In current state it is rather a Craglorn style daily quest or daily trial quest. It is misleading. This quest should be marked as such (group quest), with proper icons, indicating that it should be done in a group. Quest giver NPC should be moved somewhere else, so that players will know that it is not a regular daily zone quest, but rather a daily trial / dungeon / Craglorn style quest.

- Quest is far too long & complicated:
    For a "World Event" category of quest, this should be way shorter. Killing 5 Bosses takes way to much time (even if you are in group). Also, for a newer players or players with less CP & worse gear, for a "World Event" quest it is also far too difficult.

- Difficulty:
    1st part (Overland) - "More challenging overland" is not the case. Bosses in the 1st part can be killed solo, but it requires a lot of time. It is not about difficulty, but rather time. A bullet sponge solution, and it feels terrible.

2nd part (Dungeon) - it seems close to impossible to solo with a companion. Many players won't be able to do it . It takes far too long (2+ hours). The difficulty goes down however once you group - it gets easier - meaning that the concept of more challenging content falls flat (especially overland since 2nd part is not overland). Overall, the dungeon is simply put - too hard (this comes from someone who is able to solo most normal DLC group dungeons). Bosses have too much health. I was fighting a boss for over 30 minutes and pixel by pixel lowering the boss's health bar. Again, It is not about difficulty, but rather time vs effort.

- What I am worried about:
    - No Group Finder support means that it will be dead content shortly after release. As soon as guilds will get mythic leads & achievements.
    - Solo/random/un-grouped players will have no hopes on finishing "World Event" quests. People are more likely to do the remaining 2 daily twice (main & alt characters) vs wasting time on this tapeworm (the reward is the same - a regular daily quests box).
    - The result is that the new zone has pretty much 2 daily quest with a 3rd Trial/Arena quest disguised as a World Event quest.
    - Maybe if there was a decent World Event activity, then this type of group content could be a 4th optional daily quest, as right now zone feels like it is missing World Event activity & associated quest entirely. This concept of a mixed overland / dungeon may have been good on paper but in the game (on PTS) it just does not work.

- An idea:
    If I remember correctly, World Events (Doelmen, Harrowstorms, Geysers etc) in the past were changed at some point from a fixed scaling to scale to the amount of people doing them. It was an issue because if there weren't enough people around - it was impossible to do.

So maybe it would be the right thing to do for this special group dungeon too ? Since this is supposed to be an equivalent of "World Event" (that do scale with the amount of players), then it would make sense for it to scale it to either 4 man pre-made group or to use this new 2 man (or 1 player + companion) scaling from "endless dungeon" if you are solo.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 20, 2023 7:50AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Bastion Nymic world events. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

1. Yes, areas marked on a map are easy to find but not sure about whole point of them as the mini-bosses you find in overland have spawn points outside of those and scattered at the every corner already.

2. All of them, north one having least amount of content overall, but other two were really interesting and memorable, right corner of the map had actual puzzle in a sense after having "rotate three times to win" in recent chapter content.

3. Found three of them if remember correctly.

4. First time solo and two times duo afterwards.

5. Difficulty I'd personally find ideal for such kind of instanced content, being not a hard gate for less experienced players and having ability to bring help for ones who unable to solo, whilst not being a faceroll for more experienced ones. Some encounters might have too much CC chaining going on but it looks more like an unintended behaviour than an actual mechanical state, so here's that bit.

6. It's a nice change of pase and an improvement over Oblivion Portals that weren't instanced resulting in a lot of waiting around and walking past piles of freshly killed mobs. Size of it is also admirable. It added absolutely new feeling to modern eso that I lacked since Imperial City or VH - feeling of something new and adventurous, reminding of a new solo arena rather than a dungeon in this case. Overall surprisingly enjoyable experience as I've never been a fan of incursions in their traditional form that are either zerged of forgotten. Encouraged grouping is a nice addition also, wish there was more such things when I just started the game years ago.

But I hope it's not just new formula, but we'll be getting something more and different each chapter/dlc instead of stale formula of dolmen/fissure/geyser name it. Formulaic content is what killing any kind of an adventure for lots of us.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Were you able to locate these? Yes, they were very easy to locate, but I did not know how to activate them till I picked up the daily quest.
    • Which section(s) of Bastion Nymic did you explore? Which was most/least fun? I'm fairly certain that there are probably secret bosses that I missed, but I explored each section in one go. I forget the name of the bosses, but the Mora section and the center boss were the easiest to kill with just a break free and dodge a one-shot heavy attack mechanic to worry about.
      rgbr1r6m3xx0.png

The Peryite section killed me a couple times with the poison on the ground while heading to the boss. Very cool stuff in this section. The boss also had a heavy attack that I did not want to test how hard it would hit especially when it was enraged, so I just rolled out of it. At two points in the fight, the boss would summon a beastly amount of adds and aoe the field with extra poison. Once I realized the seriousness of this phase, I was able to handle it. Very spicy, but fun as well.

The Vaermina section was very cool especially with that new slender man looking enemy type being present. Very freaky. The boss kept smacking me down though, since it's one of those "this fight gets harder the longer you go" type situations. This beast puts Maxus the Many and Urata the legion to shame. Fun fight, but definitely not solo friendly at all xD.
      9mv29hsiap66.png
    • Did you solve any puzzles? If so, which ones? I'll have to go back to see what's up with the other sections of the area.
    • How many other players joined you in the instance? Just me and my bestie Mirri (surprisingly survived most of the time as bosses focused the player for the most part) :D
    • How was the level of difficulty? The mobs are okay, basically like Craglorn group delve level of difficulty. They never felt overwhelming and felt decently challenging for what they are. the bosses were equivalent to soloing a Harrowstorm boss, which can get the better of a player who is not fully engaged with keeping themselves alive and the mechanics. Not sure if there are secret bosses, which would be very cool, but the ones that I did fight can all technically be cleared solo by a player who is comfortable with clearing vet solo arenas/solo clearing DLC dungeons that lack mandatory group mechanics.
    • Do you have any other general feedback? I absolutely love the concept. On the first page of the overland difficulty thread discussion, I mentioned my desire for an adventure zone akin to Craglorn, but I understand the logic of not basing an entire zone on content that most players will not be able to engage in. Bastion Nymic is something different and not more of the same, which I think is fantastic. Definitely a boon for those looking for more of a challenge. Of course, not impossible to clear with 2-4 real players present.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to locate these?

Yeah.

Interestingly enough the npc directed me to pour into the other location rather than the one they talked to me at.

Which section(s) of Bastion Nymic did you explore? Which was most/least fun?

I just did the Peryite section.

Did you solve any puzzles? If so, which ones?

I didn't solve any of the puzzles as I felt I was going to need to back track to do so and I wasn't having fun so I just tried to get it done ASAP.

How many other players joined you in the instance?

Just me and Mirri

How was the level of difficulty?

I think it was a bit too hard for the length from a solo perspective. I tried one of the overland on one of my dps/healer hybrids and I died vs it the first time (I got hit multiple times in a second ) so I swapped to my tank because I didn't want to risk getting in and not being able to complete it. My only death inside was when I tabbed out for a second while in an acid pool. I did almost die once when I got stunned and didn't break free fast when I was having acid spawned on me but, otherwise I didn't drop below 20k.

Do you have any other general feedback?

It felt like it was a dungeon that was a hassle to get into, didn't have much of a story, had annoying mechanics, and didn't appear to have good loot.

In my view, the Bastion Nymic is bad enough and late enough in the production cycle that changes should only be made to it to try to improve it for the people that actually like it as is. It simply isn't going to ever be a good piece of content for those of us that don't like the design so you might as well focus on the few that do like it so they end up loving it. (If I'm wrong and the majority like it, you should cater to the majority)
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not enjoyable. It should not be tied to a daily quest at all!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The boss content and encounters are cool, but the waves of mobs are very repetitive, which makes such a long repeatable quest even more of a task.

We found the difficulty pretty doable for 2 DPS, except for the last boss who has some unbreakable CC that oneshots us that we can't yet figure out why it's happening, blocking progress. I'll keep trying a bit, but if the rewards for this are good, it might turn into a chore.

Edit: We completed it as 2 DPS + healy companions. The oneshot either didn't occur or we avoided it by accident.

It's not clear how to cause "fissures" to occur. I get that using a fissure and destroying a purple orb reduces the amount or respawns that the leggy Herald has, but we only saw one fissure. It's a cool mechanic, though! I like these multiple-boss encounters.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on April 20, 2023 8:22AM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Didn't have any problem finding them.
    2. I managed to get though to the second boss in what I believe is Apocrypha section? The boss fights were over long and a bit of a pain. The second boss I tried "Irrefutable Herald" kept one-shotting me even though I was nowhere near him so after an hour in the Bastion I just gave up. I could have probably carried on and found out what was killing me but I got to the point where my hands hurt and I couldn't be bothered any more so left.
    3. No, just tried the bosses.
    4. Just me with Bastian healing. He survived pretty well as the bosses seem to ignore him.
    5. Difficulty? It was too much for a 'world event'. The seeker fights before you get into the Bastion proper were quite fun but after three of them it stopped being quite as entertaining. I think reducing the number of seekers needed to three instead of five would go a long way with that.
    6. I don't mind a challenge but this was a slog. Needing to kill 5 seekers and then battle through waves upon waves of enemies to bosses that take forever to kill. It comes across as a difficult dungeon rather than a world event and it's a real pain to get through even with a companion. It's probably do-able with a friend or a guildmate but as it is I'm probably not going to touch it again.
  • sharkclanb16_ESO
    The nymic world event is an interesting concept and for 2 to 4 player area feels about right but it seems very buggy in its current form.

Some of the achievements fail to complete, particularly the centre boss which despite killing the main boss always seems to leave one mini boss up with a 1.3m health bar that is impossible to target and kill, it takes no damage.

The doors into different areas seems to be the main issue, we had issues with some members being able to use doors whilst others couldn't. Doors being active and then not active after going through them but then active again if we walked far enough away and returned. The group was regularly split up and unable to meet again due to locked doors.

A player that joined us from outside the instance was sent into a room with 2 exit doors, neither of which they could use so they were stuck in their and had to port out and in again once the rest of the group had progressed into a different area.

Despite spending a lot of time in the dreamer area we saw no fissures and could not see or complete the puzzle or access the treasure room. If this is intended then it will frustrate players as 30 min spent in there with nothing happening isn't ideal for a puzzle.

We collected the pieces and activated all levers in the lower right area but the active effects from the pieces disappeared from the character sheet and again nothing clear on the puzzle in that area although most of the time was spent trying to get people through doors that seemed open for some and closed for others despite being on either side of the same door in the same group.

The portals between the different platforms are also buggy as are the adds. We had issues with being able to run the whole area with no adds, despite not killing any. We had an instance when no portals appeared at all, also no adds on some of initial platforms. And in the instance that we did have adds and killed the boss and completed the puzzle (still not sure how, it felt quite random) the portals, despite still be useable, were graphically now showing at all. Haemous Mora appeared in one of the puzzle areas but not in the same area in another attempt in a fresh instance.

Various attempts at try ton find and complete all aspects of the areas left us assuming we couldn't complete due to fighting too many bugs rather than fighting adds.

• Zephyer
    Zephyer
    Soul Shriven
    • Yes, following the quest log made that easy
    • All three of them. I liked the apocrypha and peryite sections the most. I felt like the vearmina section had a bit to many roadblocks, where you had to kill a miniboss to proceed. As for the bosses, I liked them all except for that one (of the two) watcher in the apocrypha section who kept spinning away all the time. That part was a bit tedius as he spun out of my aoe dots constantly
    • Nope, i found some of them, but did not solve any.
    • Just me alone, no companions, no other players.
    • Not to hard. A bit easier the vVH imo.
    • I liked it alot. I gave me VH vibes and it was fun to solo. I would suggest lowering the amount of watcher ichor to maybe 3, I can imagne getting 5 ichor every time you do the quest can be a bit tedius in the long run.
      I see that alot people complain about the difficulty, but I hope you guys don't nerf it to much. Personally this is the sort of content I've been missing and there haven't really been anything like this to solo since vVH.
    Edited by Zephyer on April 22, 2023 10:17AM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, locating fine

Which section(s) of Bastion Nymic did you explore? Which was most/least fun?
    All sections explored. Hermaeus Mora section bugged to start - no mobs appeared for 10 min or so, then they spawned.

Solved the hermaus Mora puzzle (thanks Loopy) but we were unable to go back to find the previous puzzles. Only the poison area was reachable and the dream area locked and couldn't be entered.

2 other experienced players, self heals, 2 on sorc, one on an arcanist,

The 3 areas were fine - similar to a normal dungeon. The center area was extremely challenging, but may have been bugged as 2 bosses were there at the same time, then the final boss couldn't be attacked.

The wings are something like a normal dungeon, but one you need to "pay" to get into by hunting down the external seekers. If it's a guaranteed ichor drop, fine, but one of our group got kicked and had to farm for ichor separately and needed to kill 4 seeker groups.

The center is something like having to pay to do a vet dungeon. The rewards currently don't seem to reward you sufficiently. It's fun, but there is too much "friction" to overcome to actually do the content.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought, why is this called a world event? When it’s not open to the “world” (I.e. random players passing by), nor an “event” (I.e. a spontaneous narrative action).

Even the swirly icon with the “plus” symbol is misleading.

Maybe use the delve/public dungeon “plus” icons from Craglorn?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im on Ps5 so cant try this new world event, but I just watched a youtube video from NefasQS when he solo it.

Looks pretty cool for a world event and I for sure appreciate something new.

But when players got what drops in there it will just be another dead world event because of the difficulty.
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    Ideas to make this fun and accessible for most ESO players (regardless of playstyle, friends, skill) with minimal tweaks.

- Reduce the amount of world bosses to defeat
    - Use regular world bosses that everyone can farm for the required ichor like other world bosses (without having the quest active)
    - Add the instanced dungeon to the group finder in a normal version and a veteran version. Veteran version gets more rewards and is obviously more difficult.
    Edited by licenturion on April 23, 2023 7:03PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we really enjoyed the fights with the Herald Seekers. They were great overland fights.
    I do think there should be a note by the pools telling you where to get the quest, however.

Which section(s) of Bastion Nymic did you explore? Which was the most/least fun?
    We did all three sections, in one run.
    I am not sure if doing them all in one run is intended but it can make the dungeon take quite a bit.

The most fun was probably the 'Green' Hermas Mora themed section, but they were all fun. The runemasters in this zone felt like they rotated their beam too quickly, however.

We progressed with all the puzzles but couldn't find the last orb in the purple area.
    We figured out how to use the teleporter in the green area but didn't progress past that point.

1 Friend, we pulled out companions to deal with the last boss as it bugged and we had to fight two Heralds simultaneously. Is this intended?
    Regardless, this content is great for companions, it can certainly make them feel useful. Which is great to see!

We found the difficulty really great!!
    It was content that did not require a structured group, but felt enjoyable to have a person to do it with. As opposed to most overland content where everything feels too weak to be worth doing with a friend/ group.

You could definitely solo this if you wanted to, and could very easily solo it with a companion. And I think doing so would be really fun. It's much easier than most dungeons but a great in-between step between overland and dungeon difficulty!

We really enjoyed it. Definitely was the best World Event you have made to date!!! I would love to see more content like this!
    I agree with other posters that the Ichor requirement should be lowered or dropped from the world bosses. Just because the Bastian Nymic itself was so good. Get people in there with as little friction as possible!
    Edited by CyberOnEso on April 23, 2023 9:46PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to add, if the metrics of this event show that this isn't popular, please don't take that as proof of players disliking harder overland content.

I just wanted to say that now, because corporate processes are generally bad at understanding mass user opinion. This seems like a soft test, re-hashing Craglorn 2.0. I don't think that's what people are asking for.

There are legitimate complaints about overland difficulty, like how most mobs you face during quests etc. die so quickly that it completely deflates any story tension. None of that is in any way related to optional group content like Bastion Nymics, I don't think it's relevant feedback.
    Edited by xgoku1 on April 24, 2023 5:43AM
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said- it's not that people don't want difficulty, it's that this is not -where- we want difficulty.

When people say "I want harder overworld", we're not saying "we want isolated dungeons in overworld to grind daily quests in". If 1-4 people difficult adventures was what the "harder overworld" crowd wanted, we'd just do dungeons.

What we want is to do quests without 1 shotting bosses. It's so lackluster to fight the Ascendant Lord and burn through his mechanics in 2 light attacks. Sure, we could just go nude- but that feels meh too, we're purposefully gimping.
    Craglorn does have a good mix of this! The content is hard enough for people to have to focus, but easy enough for most people to get into eventually.
    Personally- I don't want rewards for a difficulty overworld, I just want a toggle that'll put me in a Craglorn-difficulty instance where I can finally do quests without killing literal gods in 2 seconds. It takes all the stress, expectations, tension, etc out of a storyline when you always have "I'll just gank this guy in a blink of an eye anyways" on the back of your head.
    I like power fantasy, I don't like everyone else being so weak that there's no actual power to feel.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9.0.3 update

World Events

Fixed an issue where you could not get optional dialogue with Ordinator Tandessa on certain variants of the Bastion Nymic dailies.

Herald’s Seekers no longer teleport if they are close to their leash range.

So no feed back considered.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a group finder feature for this, I predict it's gonna be dead within 6 months once the Q4 zone launches.

I don't care about the difficulty or the challenge. All I care about is the rewards and whether I'll be able to find others to do this content in a timely manner without having to spam zone chat or guild chat. Add on the fact that I play during Oceanic hours means this content as is is extremely inaccessible to me right off the bat given the much lower player count during those times.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to beat a dead horse (now where is that animation when I need it)... but ZOS has said multiple times they DO NOT want to separate players... which would occur if, as people suggested, creating a separate "harder overland" instance. If ESO begins losing players, separate instances would make the game even worse. It's odd though, people keep playing the game, while still complaining about difficulty, when ZOS has said many many times they will not create separate 'harder' instances of the open world. At what point do you just accept that ESO is what it is, and just stop complaining?!? I've had to do that at work... reach a point where I realized that dwelling on the negatives were just making life worse... so I learned that it's better to accept that things will never change than continuously surround yourself in negativity and complaints; that just continues to bring yourself and those around you down.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a group finder feature for this, I predict it's gonna be dead within 6 months once the Q4 zone launches.

I don't care about the difficulty or the challenge. All I care about is the rewards and whether I'll be able to find others to do this content in a timely manner without having to spam zone chat or guild chat. Add on the fact that I play during Oceanic hours means this content as is is extremely inaccessible to me right off the bat given the much lower player count during those times.

Six months is optimistic, once how time consuming this daily becomes known it will drop in participation quickly.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bug report: There seem to be different daily quests for Bastion Nymic. However they look the same in the quest log, but do have different quest IDs. If you play with people who have a different daily, the Deadric Ichor collection does not share between all people.

Also when doing the boss in the middle, there was this strange visual glitch:
    c7chpfd4e3km.jpg