The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 38 - Feedback Thread for Necrom

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Necrom, mainly focusing on the zone, side quests, and other types of content found in the area. If you have specific feedback on the main story, please visit this thread so others can avoid spoilers. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Quests
    • Did you engage with the Main Story?
    • Did you find it easy to get the Main Story quests?
    • If you’ve already played through the Necrom Prologue Quest, did that and the main quest feel connected?
    • Did you engage with any quests outside of the main story? If so, which ones?
    • Did you find any quests to be problematic from either a directional or difficulty standpoint?
    • Did you complete any quests with a Companion? If so, how was the experience overall?
  • World Bosses
    • Did you fight any world bosses? If so, which ones?
    • Were any of them too easy or too hard?
    • Were mechanics clearly communicated?
    • Did you complete any world bosses with a companion? If so, how was the experience overall?
  • Public Dungeons
    • Did you go into any public dungeons?
    • Public dungeons are generally balanced for two or more players of average skill and gear. Did you feel sufficiently challenged?
    • Did you go in with or without a companion?
  • Zone
    • What did you think of the Necrom environment?
    • Did you encounter any new monsters you haven't seen before? What did you think of them?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 17, 2023 6:28PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I was told to wait until it came to PTS to bring up this issue again. There is a naming problem with the zone currently known as "Telvanni Peninsula" on PTS. A peninsula is surrounded by water on three sides, and this zone is surrounded by water on two. Even though it may only be part of the Telvanni Peninsula, you should not be able to sell it as the full thing. According to the recent Loremaster's Archive, it was confirmed that the Telvanni Peninsula goes all the way to the tip near Firewatch, where the zone does not cover... not even close. The zone should be renamed to either "Telvanni Coast" or "Lower Telvanni Peninsula" on the in game map, loading screens, and all the list screens it may appear in. The community has already had several threads on this and we're going to beat it like a dead guar if we continue to get ignored. Please look into fixing this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Michael

Original discussion:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626220/eso-necroms-zone-has-the-wrong-title/p1
    Edited by APGaming on April 17, 2023 6:48PM
  • richieh99
    richieh99
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of the Necrom environment?

The new zones are truly outstanding. I can see myself spending a lot of time in both of them.

The Peninsula is similar to the Morrowind chapter but still feels unique and fresh. I think this comes down to the quality of the world design. Necrom itself is, well, easily the best looking city in the game. It feels like a real city with many doors which you can actually open. It is very easy to get lost there though which might be a little annoying depending on how many quests are based there.

Apocrypha is huge! It feels like an alien world, completely unique to anything else in the game. The theme works exceptionally well, the design team have clearly put a lot of work into the zone. This chapter looks and feels like a completely different level of quality to that of the past few years, even though I liked those as well. The music upon entering the zone was extremely similar to the Deadlands which was a bit of a shame, although I think later the music was different.
  • TenebrisEquitem
    Two (potentially nitpicky and whiny) complaints about the Tracing Shadows quest (aka the Naryu quest):

1: It'd be nice if the "What's a writ of execution?" question when first encountering Naryu in this quest was relegated into being an optional dialogue option rather than being a mandatory prompt to progress in the quest.
    As a veteran player who's completed all of the Morag Tong-related quests in the game, it feels very strange to ask Naryu what a writ is. I understand the need to have that question included, but I'm not sure if it needs to be an obligatory question for quest progression.

2: The quest ends by practically demanding Naryu to pay you for aiding her.

This is more of the nitpicky side of things, and this isn't exactly a new thing in ESO, but for players who don't base their characters around the sellsword/mercenary type, this feels out of character.
    I recall a few dialogue options in the base game that opted for a more "noble" type of response such as "I didn't do this for the money". I miss these types of dialogue options. They added more flavor to the roleplay aspect of the game.

It also sort of feels wrong for a close friend of Naryu's to ask her for a financial reward when you went out of your way in previous questlines to help her out personally without asking for a reward.

Other than that, it's a very well written quest, and I loved the conversion with Naryu in Necrom's inn.
    Edited by TenebrisEquitem on April 17, 2023 10:03PM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World Bosses:
    I cleared all but one, there were not enough dps to clear it; I was using a tank build. The bosses were mostly easy from a tank’s stand point but they had some fun pressure mechanics. I thought one boss who literally throws the book at you, to pretty funny and the little book bomb. I noticed some players didn’t figure out you have to dodge the book bomb. I found “dodging the book” amusing.

Zone:
    I like the overall look of the zone. Those little book tomeshell monsters are funny and the name can be read two different ways. I found the black ink rain to be a nice touch on the atmosphere. Also, the zone is really big which is nice. And the environmental traps are interesting.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure at all but the voice on Scruut sounded like Awakafina. That would be very cool.
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that you adress the crafting survey report problem in this upcoming patch. We need a solution for this. The nodes can at least be resspawn immediatly.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The necromancer is ***. He needs to change the gameplay.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoy the architecture in Necrom and the details on the ceilings is really beautiful and very detailed. Not many people would look up when entering the buildings, so I would recommend you all to do so. Good job to the team that worked on this!

I haven't looked at any structure furniture or if there is any available yet, but I would absolutely love to have this kind of detail on building structure pieces for housing !

I also like that the crafting writ area is outside with no loading screens for those that do multiple toons.

There appears to be many lootable containers etc, for those sneaky thieves.

So far I am liking the main town.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we've got two doors in the Telvanni Peninsula zone that lead to Deshaan and Bal Foyen, which is awesome! I find it a shame that you haven't future proofed the zone by having a road/door leading to the northern part of the peninsula, towards Firewatch and Port Telvannis. But I guess thats future ZOS' problem
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the free disk space anymore to have PTS installed, can someone screenshot the wayshrine situation for me?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two (potentially nitpicky and whiny) complaints about the Tracing Shadows quest (aka the Naryu quest):

1: It'd be nice if the "What's a writ of execution?" question when first encountering Naryu in this quest was relegated into being an optional dialogue option rather than being a mandatory prompt to progress in the quest.
    As a veteran player who's completed all of the Morag Tong-related quests in the game, it feels very strange to ask Naryu what a writ is. I understand the need to have that question included, but I'm not sure if it needs to be an obligatory question for quest progression.

2: The quest ends by practically demanding Naryu to pay you for aiding her.

This is more of the nitpicky side of things, and this isn't exactly a new thing in ESO, but for players who don't base their characters around the sellsword/mercenary type, this feels out of character.
    I recall a few dialogue options in the base game that opted for a more "noble" type of response such as "I didn't do this for the money". I miss these types of dialogue options. They added more flavor to the roleplay aspect of the game.

It also sort of feels wrong for a close friend of Naryu's to ask her for a financial reward when you went out of your way in previous questlines to help her out personally without asking for a reward.

Other than that, it's a very well written quest, and I loved the conversion with Naryu in Necrom's inn.

It is also worse when your already rich, I have more gold then a King, I do not need gold from quest givers.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will there be a land crossing to Necrom, i.e. road or gate?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    Looks like we've got two doors in the Telvanni Peninsula zone that lead to Deshaan and Bal Foyen, which is awesome! I find it a shame that you haven't future proofed the zone by having a road/door leading to the northern part of the peninsula, towards Firewatch and Port Telvannis. But I guess thats future ZOS' problem

I thought I found one in the top middle of the map but maybe that door leads to something else.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remove the Elk from the Telvanni zone, it just looks so wrong.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This NEEDS to be accounted for! @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an Apocrypha specific feedback page, or is this for that too?

If so, it's big! So big. So surprised at how big it is. Very cool B)

That is all.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Is there an Apocrypha specific feedback page, or is this for that too?

If so, it's big! So big. So surprised at how big it is. Very cool B)

That is all.

I'm on Console so I can't participate in PTS.
    But when I read that there's 4 delves in Apocrypha but only 2 in the Necrom area, it made me think that they made Apocrypha the larger of the two.
    Am I correct? Can you confirm..
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on April 19, 2023 12:00AM
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is she in the inn I looked for her but couldn't find her?

Also I agree should be able to know what a writ is and also decline payment.
    Edited by Fata1moose on April 19, 2023 12:03AM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have some new Cyrodiil campaigns this year? The current ones on the live server and the current one on the PTS date back to the Greymoor release three years ago. It's time for an update.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrom city felt very in keeping with Morrowind and with the ESO Vvardenfell and Vivec city. I did like the secret entrance to the outlaws refuge.

Necrom itself as a zone didn't really stand out and it felt like Vvardenfell, extended - which presumably is the whole idea.

Apocrypha didn't quite click for me. The Skyrim one feels sharper edged and higher contrast whiles the ESO Apocrypha feels too fuzzy - especially outside which feels like Deadlands recycled in a new palette. A lot of the other stuff is missing too - and I guess the engine and MMO nature make it hard but I missed corridors that change as you walk down them and tentacles popping out of the lakes to bash you. Can we please at least have tentacles ?

Quests: Gave up on the egg mine because it was too dark but other than that so far it's been really enjoyable and the rescuing someone's love from the evil telvanni side quest was a nice twist. The side quests around the assassin were also nice and gave a good feel for why the only good Telvanni is a dead one. My argonian assassin is going to enjoy leaving trails of dead dark elves everywhere.

Effects: Arcanist overbrightness aside there were some really nice visuals. The background silt striders I know are a fudge but they really added to the atmosphere. Mora coming out of the pool was fantastic.

Too many toons not enough time
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    Minor complaint about the name of the new zone.

Some others have mentioned it already, but having the zone be called "Telvanni Peninsula" somewhat doesn't make any sense, since it's only the lower half of the peninsula, and not the full thing.

Also, I was wondering if new names can be assigned to the zones, instead of calling them "Northern", "Southern", or "Western", etc. I like unique names for the zones that represent their region as a whole. For example, "Eastmarch" or "The Rift" represent a whole wide area, instead of just simply calling them "Eastern Skyrim". Unique regional names like that would be very cool.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    APGaming wrote: »
    I was told to wait until it came to PTS to bring up this issue again. There is a naming problem with the zone currently known as "Telvanni Peninsula" on PTS. A peninsula is surrounded by water on three sides, and this zone is surrounded by water on two. Even though it may only be part of the Telvanni Peninsula, you should not be able to sell it as the full thing. According to the recent Loremaster's Archive, it was confirmed that the Telvanni Peninsula goes all the way to the tip near Firewatch, where the zone does not cover... not even close. The zone should be renamed to either "Telvanni Coast" or "Lower Telvanni Peninsula" on the in game map, loading screens, and all the list screens it may appear in. The community has already had several threads on this and we're going to beat it like a dead guar if we continue to get ignored. Please look into fixing this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Michael

Original discussion:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626220/eso-necroms-zone-has-the-wrong-title/p1

Honestly, it probably shouldn't be called the Telvanni-Anything. These areas are not historical Telvanni holdings, even if we make a pass that at this time, that is what ZOS has decided they are. Going by the book it could have been the Indoril Coast or something, but no other zone is named after the House that currently holds it. Just Necrom Coast or Necrom Highlands or something would have been fine.

That aside, it is really beautiful. I was worried it would look too much like Vvardenfell, but they introduced enough new assets and variety that it looks distinct. It would have made a fine Telvanni Peninsula around Firewatch.
    I especially love the coast in the south east.
    I have only two complaints. One, the Elk everywhere don't seem to be an appropriate fit for the fauna in this area. I assume they were chosen for the strange sounds they make, but still, it's an ecological mystery how they got there.
    Two, I wish the zone had been bigger - only 40% of the chapter is in Tamriel, and while Apocrypha looks cool, it's also quite disorienting and visually overwhelming. I'm not sure I can stomach staying there for too long.

I'm kinda mixed on the city of Necrom itself. The detail in the assets is amazing, but the layout, scale and blocky-ness of the structures feels a bit dated - which, I have to say, makes me very nostalgic for the TES3 Tribunal DLC, so I guess it is a success after all? ;)
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »

I thought I found one in the top middle of the map but maybe that door leads to something else.

Yes, there's a big, locked gate north of the Great Arm wayshrine, west of the boat to Gorne and northwest of Necrom.

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned if it wasn't there. We didn't used to have gates from Bal Foyen and Deshaan (was there one originally made for a dungeon?) leading to the "Telvanni" "Peninsula". Now we do.
    Edited by kaushad on April 19, 2023 10:10PM
  • TenebrisEquitem

She's on the first floor to the right inside Mourner's Solace Inn where all the Tales of Tribute tables are at. She'll be overlooking the railing if you haven't done Ashur's quest yet. If Ashur's quest was done, you can find both of them at a table there. They have 5 separate discussions with each other (exiting and reentering the inn will let you listen to all of them) and they'll remain there permanently post-main quest.

Ashur doesn't have unique dialogue in the inn (probably a bug) so he'll just repeat what he said to you right after completing his quest. Animations are also a little wonky when interacting with them while they're sitting on a chair (they'll stand up on the chair in the middle of dialogue).

Someone else has to confirm this but I don't think Naryu shows up in the inn if you haven't done her Morrowind quest + the Summerset main quest, because the conversation with her is directly related to those events.

She'll still show up at the end ceremony regardless with different dialogue. Speaking of which, I have a feeling that the conversation with her at the ceremony will not go over well with Naryu fans who waited 6 years for her return.
    Edited by TenebrisEquitem on April 21, 2023 1:32AM
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She's on the first floor to the right inside Mourner's Solace Inn where all the Tales of Tribute tables are at. She'll be overlooking the railing if you haven't done Ashur's quest yet. If Ashur's quest was done, you can find both of them at a table there. They have 5 separate discussions with each other (exiting and reentering the inn will let you listen to all of them) and they'll remain there permanently post-main quest.

Ashur doesn't have unique dialogue in the inn (probably a bug) so he'll just repeat what he said to you right after completing his quest. Animations are also a little wonky when interacting with them while they're sitting on a chair (they'll stand up on the chair in the middle on dialogue).

Someone else has to confirm this but I don't think Naryu shows up in the inn if you haven't done her Morrowind quest + the Summerset main quest, because the conversation with her is directly related to those events.

She'll still show up at the end ceremony regardless with different dialogue. Speaking of which, I have a feeling that the conversation with her at the ceremony will not go too well with Naryu fans who waited 6 years for her return.

Ok so yeah my character did her Morrowind quest but not Summerset so maybe that's why she wasn't there after her quest. I did do Ashur's quest and then they were both at the table but there was no unique conversation to have with Naryu separate. She only showed up in the Inn after I did both Ashur's delve and her quest. Also it was bugged where they disappear when I walked up to the Tribute floor so maybe that's also why I didn't see her before doing the delve.

• Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged in to try arcanist. I ran around alot to kill stuff. I found almost no mobs. The zone feels dead.
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    I started a new arcanist and when I attempted to travel to the talvani peninsula from the starter dungeon, it wouldn't load. I traveled to the inn successfully instead. The visual for attempting to take the portal is for High Ilse, not necrum.
    the egg mine in NW and rendy tower have no maps.
    4 enemies I attacked were immune from attack or being attacked and I had to run away. It was after I use the green beam, sorry, bad at names.
    Isobel and ember are MIA and couldn't recruit them. Miri and bastion were available.
    I have enjoyed doing the main quest line and some of the sidequests.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ashur doesn't have unique dialogue in the inn (probably a bug) so he'll just repeat what he said to you right after completing his quest. Animations are also a little wonky when interacting with them while they're sitting on a chair (they'll stand up on the chair in the middle on dialogue).

She'll still show up at the end ceremony regardless with different dialogue. Speaking of which, I have a feeling that the conversation with her at the ceremony will not go over well with Naryu fans who waited 6 years for her return.

What does she say at the ceremony that won't go over well?
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World Bosses

Chthon Plaza

The world bosses mechanic appeared to be that it was shielded from damage while any adds remained alive.

The add respawn rate was high enough that my tanky build wasn't doing enough damage to get the adds down.

With another player, it was doable but, it did take quite a while.

My companion got toasted by the boss quite quickly.

The boss did not give me credit for completion when it died and you had little purple things appearing and disappearing for a bit after it died.

I don't think I would bother doing it without a group. It hits hard enough that a more DPS slanted build might die and have to start over and it just doesn't go down on my tank.

Clamorclap

It felt like a relatively normal world boss fight that went fine with my companion.

Nightmare Den

The model definitely does a good job of nailing the creepy nightmare vibe.

My companion struggled to locate the boss to attack them and almost died immediately.

Soloing it, the fight had enough CC I couldn't actually res my companion.

It was a bit of a pain to solo on the tank and I think it would likely kill most of my other builds before I would burn through all of the hp.

Deepreve Quag

It went down pretty fast as other players were present when I arrived.

Solo it shielded and self healed enough enough that I gave up after a bit. I might have missed something for interrupting the heal. But hey, at least my companion could actually attack it.

Runemaster's Acropolis

Took longer than I'd like but was doable solo and had interesting mechanics. Companion was able to attack it. My tank was in danger at some points.

Libran Cathedral

Felt like it took forever solo and companion hit issues with attacking after dying. My tank felt like it was in serious danger during the split apart stage.

Overall World Boss Comments

For me, it felt like they were generally too durable to be fun solo and it felt like the companions frequently struggled to help. Runemaster's Acropolis and Clamorclap were the only two I would say I had fun doing solo and I'm not sure I would do them again for fun any time soon. When you have more players engaging the boss the durability doesn't really seem to provide the bosses with that much protection.

I think World Boss design would work better if the bosses adapted their stats to the number of opposition and had a challenge banner type setup.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mobs do seem a bit empty at the moment. It’s a delicate balance of having too many mobs where traversing is annoying and when the zone feels a bit empty. The “Peninsula” feels a bit more confined and probably does not need as much but Apocrypha is open and empty, it’s also an Oblivion realm and should probably feel a bit more threatening with more things that can attempt to kill you. Of course overland is stupidly easy so no mob will actually kill your but you get my point.
    Edited by Fata1moose on April 20, 2023 5:41PM