The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theoretically - Crowns are no object, every house is available. Which House you buying?

• AllegedParadigm
    AllegedParadigm
    ✭✭✭
    I love my Tel Galen, but if I was to ever get a second, I would probably go for Sweetwater Cascades.
    PC/NA August 2020 | Aldmeri Dominion - Grand Overlord/Former Empress | Koritha Larethian, Yaeli al-Iskour
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what if you already have almost every house? lol

i have like 71 houses right now, probably only even missing about a dozen or less
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I STILL want Erlibru's Cottage! Maybe even more than the ship.... but it doesn't seem as if ZOS is interested in releasing it as player housing *sigh*.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what I know of in game…hard choice between lakemire xanmeer which I already own, or that tower in the dead lands
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If item slots were unlimited, i'd pick the chapel. 700 is just too low for some notable houses, so many creative ideas I cannot complete because of this limit. Even an extra 100 would go so far, but really it should be 1000 total imo.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, if money was no problem, i would buy them all.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to say I already own the best one for me, Tel-Galen, but after reading the list I'd say it would be Pantherfang Chapel, Frostvault Chasm would be second next.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All but one. I need one unowned for boomerang port.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be saving up monthly crowns for the ship, which is something I've wanted. Hopefully they don't actually add an Alfiiq deconstruction assistant prior to then, as that hope is what I keep crowns saved for currently.

Other houses I'd like to own, but don't (and will not as I don't buy crowns anymore) are Grand Psijic Villa, Princely Dawnlight Palace, and Linchal Grand Manor.

If they ever change their philosophy on the exorbitant pricing and approach of crown store items then I might change my mind on buying crowns, but know that will never be (they lost me with the armory slots being per character, and the high cost of character changes like alliance changes tokens).

• Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Oasis or Earthtear, both of which because they're airy and you never have to build inside a building (in TO's case by ignoring the houses in the front). I like natural light and views and most ESO houses feel like prisons as a result. And TO and Earthtear have monumental ruins that give you scope to do something, both in terms of gardening and building, without being too specific or restrictive.

Also, the open and monumental styles lend themselves very well to a much more spacious decoration style. That means that you can furnish them without it looking weird despite the 700 item limit.

(I'd still love for them to open up the bit at the front of Earthtear so you can have a little outside area, though. And I'd love Linchal if the house itself wasn't so incongruous, both in terms of architecture and size. It almost feels like they should have put in a few open colonnades and similar structures and let the player do whatever they liked with them instead.)
    Edited by Northwold on April 14, 2023 11:45AM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each character has different tastes, but my first character is still happy in Autumn’s Gate. It is small enough not to run out of slots, while large enough to be allotted enough slots to be comfortable.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very tempted by the Fogbreak Lighthouse. I like houses with lots of outside space and not too much inside, I've been wanting one by the sea for ages but never found one that was quite right and I like the idea of a lighthouse and was dissapointed that the previous one we got was stuck inside a snowglobe and therefore permanently in winter. I also think it wouldn't have as much of a problem with furnishing slots as many of the bigger houses because a lot of it is beach and rocks which can be left bare.

But it's very expensive for a virtual house, I'm not sure it's worth the money even if I do like it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered Seaveil Spire, and holy crap.

Between Seaveil Spire, HighHallow Hold, and Ossa Accentium (Because I just really like Fargrave, I think the whole idea of the city is cool).
    Edited by JMadFour on April 14, 2023 10:49PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters already have their own personal homes, plus many other homes they all share.

But if I could have any it would probably be Earthtear Cavern. I've always loved that place.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 15, 2023 1:45AM
    PCNA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have every house in the game. However, my two favs are Mournoth Manner and Sleek Creek Manor. Big enough to decorate, but not so big I spend too much time walking around.

I tend to use my larger houses for Furniture Warehouses
    Edited by Nestor on April 15, 2023 2:29AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    Earthtear.

I purchased myself some manor houses: fogbreak, varlaisvea, stillwaters. I also previewed every house on the live server. Earthtear is still my fav. I love the open concept and as a caver myself, it just fits.
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    The new ship house but since I own all but 14 of the available houses (for reasons that I'm kicking myself over now, I didn't get Doomchar so I don't count it since it's not available and never will be again) that's a small pool lol
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • Serpari
    Serpari
    ✭✭✭
    Hunter's Glade. Ossa Accentium and Sweetwater Cascades were my dream houses and they both came out almost back-to-back, so done with that grind. In June, I hope they honor Hircine's Summoning Day and they make it available. I intend to make Tamriel's second largest dogpark, since my werewolf has a pack now and could use the space.

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I‘d get the three homes I don‘t have: The Nedic underwater thingy, the Daedric one with the Sheo statue, and the one in the Deadlands. And the upcoming homes.

Seriously, though, I‘d buy furniture. So many of my homes need additional furniture. Some are barely inhabitable as of now.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NPCs house next to mine in Alinor. It's bigger and nicer. I want to be able to buy ANY accessible house in the game.

Honestly if they just spent on hardware/cloudware, this game could be so much better.
    Edited by Pelanora on May 6, 2023 12:46AM
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    The house I'd want hasn't been created yet - another house with same lighting and clean layout as Alinor Townhouse, nothing huge and dark and depressing (to me)