The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I got charged 3 times

Granjacharles
Granjacharles
Soul Shriven
I was in the process of purchasing this game and it asked for my billing address. Then it asked for my credit card number. After entering my information, I clicked confirm and it went back to the original screen. I tried it again then it said that my billing address was invalid. So, I changed my zip code to what it was supposed to be. Everytime I pressed the confirm button it charged me.
  • Granjacharles
    Granjacharles
    Soul Shriven
    My first question is why would you charge an account if the information required is invalid. Second, why would you charge my account(with invalid information) and then not give me the game to download? You literally just took 150$ out of my account for no reason. Also, when will I be refunded?
  • Shidapu
    Shidapu
    Nice donation there.. :smiley:

OT: I bet you'll get your money back soon... TM
  • Granjacharles
    Granjacharles
    Soul Shriven
    I also want to complain about not receiving a confirmation email saying that you received my ticket. You should also consider getting a number that everyone playing this game can call so they don't feel like they aren't ever going to get a call. I literally feel like you just stole my money, your ignoring me, and aren't going to give it back. I've been waiting for you to "Call" me for 4 hours now. This is extremely inconvenient and im sure im not the first person this is happening too.

A reason I loved playing WoW was because of their amazing customer service. They don't do any of the above and charge the same amount per month. Something to think about.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, @Granjacharles‌. Rest assured, your ticket has been escalated and will be addressed by our Support Team as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Khargug
    Khargug
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me back when I pre-ordered a few weeks back.

My zip code field was incorrect and it never gave me a reason to even believe it was my zip code field. Just stated that it was unsuccessful. I did it twice and then went to my bank online and noticed the two pre-authorization charges for $79.99. I'd be okay if the pre-auth charge was $1 like most online vendors do. But the fact of the matter is that if it was unsuccessful, then it should have never even got to a point where there would have been a pre-auth charge. Their store system is badly designed.

I decided to not try again, with the correct information until those two charges left my 'pending transactions'. It took about 5 days for my escalated ticket to finally get a response that said in summary "Rest assured those transactions will not go through". Once they dropped, I went back to the ZOS store and did it correctly and everything worked fine. I really hope they get some real help in their design and code implementation department. There are a lot of systems that should have been coded using proven MMO industry standards. None of their implemented systems are ground breaking that's for sure.
    Khar'gug
    Shadowclan.org