The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

For those with game freezing on launch

Siegfried_Greymane
Since the pinned thread is for posting specific content for the developers to use in squishing this bug, let's make this one the thread where homegrown remedies are tried.

First of all, this thread is NOT for:
1) the "it's your crappy PC's fault" crowd. I assure you I can run any game on the market at close to maximum settings.
2) the "I want a refund" crowd. I get your frustrations but I'd rather direct them to solutions. I want to play this game. I'd like to get a Shalk vanity bug pet for dealing with bugs though :smiley:
3) the "read the EULA!!" crowd. You are not attorneys (and yes, I am) and your smarmy attitude is contemptible.
4) People who want to argue with trolls. Please ignore them if they post here.

It's the eso.exe file. I've tried running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 2 and 3, and I've tried running as an administrator. I've also tried editing the UserSetting.txt in regards to multiple issues, to no avail.

Short of summoning an old priest of Stendarr and a young priest of Stendarr, I don't know any other solutions.
Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
And when it's time for leavin',
I hope you'll understand,
That I was born a ramblin' man
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    @PVT_Parts‌ sugested copying someone else's live folder on a USB.
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    However, I deleted my entire ESO folder in my documents in hopes of forcing it to generate a new one.
  • DanzibarBrasil
    I had this problem and I just co resolve .... In the ZeniMax folder ... please ... ckient is an icon of the ... go for it ... the game and the normal function
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    SUCCCCCEESSSSSSSS!!!! I ran Razr Game Booster on it and it fixed it! It must have been am issue with my Graphics Card????????