The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you dislike other DDs who do more damage than you?

• KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    - One time, some one had an addon that was showing who is doing what kind of dmg. Both DPS were total trash. I was a tank, so it was extremely tedious to tank that one boss for 30 min (a mini boss that should be killed within max 5 minutes). Now here is the worst part. Remember how I said that both DPS were trash and how they had an add-on showing who does what dmg ? Well, it turned out that me (a tank) was pulling the highest numbers (around 15K). So... of course it meant I was a "fake tank" and of course that meant I was kicked by 2 dps...
    Just maybe it was because you are calling people "trash" and something tells me that you behaved prety bad - so the kick was 100% justified and I guess its a good thing for everyone that you stopped doing group content...

Btw. I think you dont know what DPS means, it means damage per second and is a metric. If you mean the role then it is called damage dealler or DD (even shorter than DPS).

Its like saying kmh (kilometers per hour) instead of racing car 🤣...
    Edited by KilianDermoth on March 28, 2023 12:54PM
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw. I think you dont know what DPS means, it means damage per second and is a metric. If you mean the role then it is called damage dealler or DD (even shorter than DPS).

Just to let you know, "dps" as a role name for damager is a usual thing on NA server.
    I play on both PC EU and PC NA time to time.
    I write "dps here" or "x" to get a group invite on NA.
    I write "+dd" or "+" to get the same on EU.
    It's a matter of how people say and get it, not how it is more or less correct. People say things different in different places, and it is OK.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delve or Dungeon? If grouped in a dungeon, I dont care who kills what, i still get loot and experience.

Delves, at this point in the game, someone clearing out the trash is a good thing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to let you know, "dps" as a role name for damager is a usual thing on NA server.
    It's a matter of how people say and get it, not how it is more or less correct. People say things different in different places, and it is OK.
    So you would start saying kmh to racing cars if many other people who probably don't know better would do so too 🤣?

I wouldn't and it would be as intelligent as calling the damage dealer role DPS...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you would start saying kmh to racing cars if many other people who probably don't know better would do so too 🤣?

I wouldn't and it would be as intelligent as calling the damage dealer role DPS...

Even in your own example, the people who call it DPS also would likely say MPH rather than KPH. Because different places speak about things differently.

And yeah, it is known as DPS on the NA server. That's how it is, that's how it will be.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    Fake tanks, fake healers, fake DDs, and now too powerful DDs. LOL. What's next, tanks that are too tanky? Healers that won't let me experience damage? It feels like we are reaching for problems.

DDs do damage. There is no such thing as too much damage.

If one DD kills everything, what is the other DD supposed to do?

Perhaps improve your own DPS?

I can't believe this is an actual complaint. Seriously. This is asking another player, who has become very good at DPS to stop being good at DPS because others want to DPS too.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say "potato" about a trial boss, if current group got it faster than any other name.
    There is a saying in my native city "Do you rather want taxi checkers or a ride?" You keep trying to ask for checkers.
    I'll kindly remind you, that the real key to any group activity is finding a common language, not dictating it.
    Edited by Blood_again on March 28, 2023 4:51PM
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Key elements of common language is to use the correct terms and not inventing your own terms or use terms in an absolute wrong way...

Its basically the number 1 rule and most important of all...
    Edited by KilianDermoth on March 28, 2023 4:54PM
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key elements of common language is to use the correct terms and not inventing your own terms or use terms in an absolute wrong way...

Its basically the number 1 rule and most important of all...

May the term "linguistic usus" be a part of your dictionary from now. Just to make a chance of some balance with such a heavy prescriptivism.
    Anyway we fell to a deep offtopic here, which is not very intelligent from both of us :smiley:

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate DPS whose damage is smaller than my real tank.
    (And, also hate too much quick dead DPS also.)
    But, well come reliable canon who is better than my DPS.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched to heavy attack build, on non-trial dummy i do 35k DPS. Yet in dungeons i still do only 30-40% of total damage, the other DD is always there to steal my DPS percents...
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question should also be the other way around, Do you disslike DDs who do less dps then you.

Trials and Vet dungeons are understandable but I often see DDs talking *** to like cp 200 i normal dungeons because they dont have a rotation.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dislike players who do more damage when they are rude and mean about me doing less damage(despite me trying to do the mechanics they don't care about)
    not because of their damage but because of how rude they are.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly solo stuff, but how is that a problem in a dungeon? You‘re grouped in the dungeon (unless you solo that one as well) so everyone will get their share… right?
    Right?
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    If you've just started with playing as a dd, it's natural your dps is lower. Big deeps come with practice.

And yes, also my main DD is very much DOT based, so on some quick runs, especially on normal difficulty everything is dead when I manage to get everything down. GCD is 1 second, so laying down 7 DOTs takes 7 seconds. If a fight lasts for 5 seconds you are still laying down DOTs when it's time to move on. So for quick trash I don't really bother with all the DOTs. Just lay down one or two AOEs and then do direct damage.

The best thing to do is to practise, practise, practise.

Save your full rotation for bosses and try to do a simple and short burst damage rotation on trash.

If you run normal dungeons with pugs, you will sometimes have parse gods who are there just to get the 10 transmute crystals. I admit sometimes I also have my dps-glasses on if that's my reason being there and it's a dungeon I normally solo.

To fix this, join a guild. Easier to find nice people that way. And you can be on Discord.
    I don't care what damage is done by what DPS,
    Excellent!

I think those who like to kick people out of the group for silly reasons, especially if it's on normal difficulty, are people who have played a fair bit but have not yet "mastered" the game.

But being a solo player helps. I have a couple of stories where instead of arguing, just soloing the dungeon has turned a bad experience into a good one.

1. Well, in this case a bad experience into an ok one. Was leveling up one character, got to WS1. Tank and DD knew each other and were trash talking our healer. Clearly a new player and yes, did many mistakes. I tried to say let's just keep going, we'll get through this. They kept trash talking and even initiated vote to kick. I told them come on, you two have so high CP either of you should be able to solo this. I solo this on my CP-level characters. Their response was "you solo nothing". So I just ignored them and went on by myself. They caught up at the last boss. Surprisingly quiet in the group chat after that.

2. In nGD, queued as a healer. (Gotta get those transmutes.) One DD was under level 50. So our tank quit immediately. The DDs managed to kill the first boss -- just barely. And the triple digit DD left the group. I didn't feel like queuing again, especially because it was late and no one in my guild was online and queue times were long. I told the low level we can do this, just give me a second and I switch to my solo build. Opened the armory assistant, solo gear on and we continued. Didn't take care of my stamina so at the skeleton boss I ran out of stamina, couldn't roll and we wiped once. Rookie mistake, but oh well, happens. I just said this is going well, we can do this. After we killed the last boss they were excited since they got a trophy. I said yeah, this is one of the new ones and a bit tricky, especially on veteran. Glad you got it. They said no no, I don't understand, it's the first DLC trophy for them. That was their first character, first dungeon since eligible for DLC dungeons. So I dumped all my extra loot to them and we talked a bit and I gave some tips and tricks.

I try to be the player I would have liked to see in a group when I was new. And I hope the healer from the first story and the dd from the second story got new hope and hopefully when they are more comfortable in this game they do the same to some other player.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I like when they are better because than it means the runs go faster. I like speed in group runs. Zoom zoom zoom yah zoom zoom zoom yah zoom zoom zoom yah zoom zoom zoom.

Just don't kill bosses without others or leave mobs to chase down teammates. Actually aggro the bosses if you queue tank. And I'll be happy.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 3, 2023 6:42AM