The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any hope to reduce skills light effects with addon?

Rayth
Rayth
✭✭
Hi,

I opened this message for the ESO team regarding the very annoying halo effect on my character.

To be honest, I don't even know if they will read my message, so I venture to ask the modding community.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to create addons that modify skill effects, but maybe I'm wrong... Please, tel me I'm wrong :x

So if anyone knows of an addon or knows what to modify to create an addon that removes bloom effects, that would be really appreciated!
  • Rayth
    Rayth
    ✭✭
    i tested many things, "Votan's advanced settings" -> lenticular effects strongly reduce this shine effect
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, addons cannot change any visual effects or sounds.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    mmmh... Maybe displaying a transparent black texture on the character when the effect triggers but it will be ugly imo.
    ...Or on the whole screen IDK...
    I remember doing this on the whole screen for Diablo3 but permanently, it was slight but effective...
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • Yazrz
    Yazrz
    ✭✭✭
    Lens flare and bloom can be disabled in the text file UserSettings, under C:\Users\*Username*\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live

It does not fix everything but every little bit helps! (I tried it to avoid shine from Indoril Chandelier, Knotwork)

SET LENS_FLARE "0"
    SET BLOOM "0"
    Edited by Yazrz on March 24, 2023 5:11PM
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to minimize flashy effects in my own builds, but I'd like to know if anything can be done on really over the top effects as seen in e.g. harrowstorms and the white screen flares that happen every so often during quest transitions which seem to want to burn out my retinas.

I'm going to test the lens flare and bloom thing now, if I can find a harrowstorm going.

Edit: bloom was already at 0, lens flare at 1. here's hoping that zero does some heavy lifting.
    Edited by Liguar on March 24, 2023 5:17PM