Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very strong light effect

Rayth
Rayth
✭✭
Hi,

I play as Templar, and my build use Radial Sweep ultime line.
The glow effect on these skills is -to be honest- stupidly too strong.

I tried to reduce the graphics of my game, but nothing affects this light.

- Would it be possible to remove the really disturbing halo effect, particularly in dark places?
- If it is necessary to keep this light on for gameplay reasons (warning opposing players in PvP) is it possible to allow it to be removed only for your own character?

Here is an example of what this does to my game, it's really uncomfortable and unnecessary:

eok1uxmu8f0l.jpg
7znkevuake0b.jpg

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried turning off bloom? That’s the only thing I can think of apart from MAYBE reshade could help.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly you indeed can manipulate such light by some of the settings, need to re-read some old posts though about apex senche eye glow and how to reduce it, it's basically the same deal with other light sources.
  • Rayth
    Rayth
    ✭✭
    Ah !

I found a way to strongly reduce the shine effect with the addon "Votan's advanced settings" -> lenticular effects
    It's not perfect, but way better.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea the templar abilities are painfully bright :( i wish i could use addons on playstation to turn it off too
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    yea the templar abilities are painfully bright :( i wish i could use addons on playstation to turn it off too

I assume there's no way to access any .ini files from consoles?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

I assume there's no way to access any .ini files from consoles?

not that i know of. seems like something i could only do with a pc
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.