The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS I love you but we need to talk.

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reset but I was at work at the time now I still cant do a couple of the main quest ones >< this is very frustrating. I think its odd how it effects some and not others I've been logging in and out for rage binder for over an hour now...
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Aureli wrote: »
    There is the one where you need to heal peasants, I had to relog about 5 times before peasants started showing up who could be healed, each time before that they were all standing and couldn't be interacted with.

I'm not sure this is bugged. When they are standing, it is likely that it's just because someone got there a bit ahead of you. If there are a number of people in the area (doesn't have to be that many), then you can struggle to find suitable peasants. One of few criticisms I have of the game so far is that often interactables for quests take a very long time to reset when another player has used them for their quest (especially when those interactables are NPCs).

What I'm saying is that although some quests perhaps are bugged (a few would be expected), you shouldn't confuse a quest that is maybe not scripted as well as it could be with one that is genuinely bugged.

They are bugged. If you heal them they run off to a safehouse. If theyre standing there you cant interact with them and in turn they cant respawn as injured peasants.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and its a lot more than that. The maintenance didn't seem to do a whole lot A lot of people in my guild are demanding refunds :( I really hate to see this happen to such an amazing game.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    Yeah and its a lot more than that. The maintenance didn't seem to do a whole lot A lot of people in my guild are demanding refunds :( I really hate to see this happen to such an amazing game.

That seems like overreacting. Its early access and I have yet to be in an MMO early access where they rolled out a patch or restarted the servers.

Apart of early access is having to deal with a lot of what would typically be patched a day or two after launch. But besides the quests like Balreth and the Peasants. Which are annoying. The game is going to have a rather stable Launch. The more stable a Launch the more likely the game isnt going to be a hot mess of bugs.

If people are 'demanding' refunds. Then they sound like spoiled brats that need to learn that there is no such thing as a perfect game. And even games with the best possible Launch will experience these sorts of issues.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

If people are 'demanding' refunds. Then they sound like spoiled brats that need to learn that there is no such thing as a perfect game. And even games with the best possible Launch will experience these sorts of issues.

I absolutely agree with you here, I'm not going anywhere I love this game and i'm not going to let some rough spots spoil that for me. Gamers are different now than when i was growing up and my only concern is the success of this game. Normally I wouldn't care but I'm very passionate about this one because its what I have wanted since morrowind.
  • ropipgib16_ESO
    ropipgib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Most of these quests get bugged because of impatient speedsters who have to click everything around them to mindlessly progress. Anywhere you have a bunch of these knuckleheads you can guarantee they are bugging the quests

If the game bugs out because players are using their mouse to click on things, that game is not ready for launch! Especially if you get charged each month for it. The ESO launch is one of the smoothest mmo launch i have ever seen, but lets face facts here - that also goes for alot of the free mmos out there, the standard for a mmo is way higher now compared on what it was ten years ago when they launched the mess that they called WoW. Even back then there was broken quests at launch, but also massive lag, crash to desktop, server overloads and 4 hour waiting time just to play - a similar broken launch would actually kill the game today.
    For every broken thing i find in ESO , i spot atleast five awesome things, so i am patient and allow some time for them to fix the bugs.... for now atleast.

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these quests get bugged because of impatient speedsters who have to click everything around them to mindlessly progress. Anywhere you have a bunch of these knuckleheads you can guarantee they are bugging the quests

If the game bugs out because players are using their mouse to click on things, that game is not ready for launch! Especially if you get charged each month for it. The ESO launch is one of the smoothest mmo launch i have ever seen, but lets face facts here - that also goes for alot of the free mmos out there, the standard for a mmo is way higher now compared on what it was ten years ago when they launched the mess that they called WoW. Even back then there was broken quests at launch, but also massive lag, crash to desktop, server overloads and 4 hour waiting time just to play - a similar broken launch would actually kill the game today.
    For every broken thing i find in ESO , i spot atleast five awesome things, so i am patient and allow some time for them to fix the bugs.... for now atleast.

to be fair no free mmo has even 1/100th of the scope that his game has. These quests are intricate in design not go find 5 kill 6. Seems like they are on top of things so I'm happy.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to bump this but ZoS... come on. You have what could easily be a supper juggernaut and its like you are TRYING to prevent that from happening. We need big communication posts, open apologies for certain issues, and reassurance that many peoples concerns will be eased.

I love this game I just don't want to see it fail because you guys refuse to communicate/patch properly. The silence is almost suicidal at this point... I'm willing to bet 80% of the people complaining would be eased with some ETA and assurance that things will be seen to in a timely manor. We have people LITERALLY STUCK from getting veteran ranks because of broken quest lines... we have people who can not play the game because of a shortage of imperial edition boxes. These are problems that can NOT be ignored. You seriously didn't give an extension to people who purchased 100$ boxes? your most loyal fan base? come... on... I love you Zenimax but you are making it harder.
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    After running into a few buggy quests in Beta I decided to get Persuade and Intimmidate ASAP... it helped me by pass nearly all quests that are or seem to be bugged for others... oke, it's 2 skill points I hear you say, but it's 2 points well spent :)
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone in this thread realizes we got a moderator response right? They know about this.
    Good god do you think they are just sitting at their desks playing their own game and not fixing anything? Calm down.
    I myself am a stockbroker, i have no idea what kind of time and manpower goes into creating a massive AAA MMORPG. I bet most of you don't either.
    This launch is incredibly smooth for an MMO. I've been around for a few of them.
    I've encountered a few bugged quests, and continued on my merry way. No need to let them get you frustrated. I've had good luck coming back the next day to find it is fixed or I am able to progresss where i wasn't before. I've gone back and did a greyed out quest that was 6 levels below me just because it wasnt broke and i figured I might as well do it.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    get a can of raid.