The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the NPC leadership a significant factor when you choose the faction to play for in PvP?

chessalavakia_ESO
chessalavakia_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭

Is the NPC leadership a significant factor when you choose the faction to play for in PvP? 28 votes

It is not at all a factor
75% 21 votes
It is a minor factor
7% 2 votes
It is a major factor
14% 4 votes
It is the only factor
0% 0 votes
Other
3% 1 vote
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, my faction was decided way back when I started ESO. I wanted to play a Dunmer. Back then, Dunmer meant Ebonheart Pact.

Once I actually started to PVP, the guild I found I liked playing for was faction-loyal to EP.

Blood for the Pact!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really because it’s not it would make sense to fight against your people, at least that I could see for any of my characters, even if some of the allies or leadership are questionable. When I play EP, I imagine the Nords being allies of convenience while the loyalty of my Dunmer is to House, the Tribunal, or even simply their own gain, while the loyalty of my Argonian is to the Hist. I really cannot stand Jorunn; he seems like an oafish buffoon.

The other alliance I play for is AD and I do like Queen Ayrenn so all is in harmony there.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 26, 2023 10:36PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who comes about as close to "only PvPing," as you can, I can say that I have no idea about any of their names, personalities, or histories.

The first alliance I was ever on was dictated by the first character I ever made. I picked a cool race, not a cool alliance.

The first "big" PvP guild I was in had strong opinions about playing more than one color. "Any Race Any Alliance," was probably the very first thing in this game that I paid for. And all of my characters have been yellow ever since.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    More importantly- when is "General Zimmeron" going to spin some more shiny discs? 🤣
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first it didn't, as I was restricted to AD when making my characters. Now though when I make new ones, or switched my main, a few tiny lore reasons did help my decision to move to DC from AD. Mainly because DC doesn't have any elves, the lands are somewhat nicer (The Breton lands, at least) The King does seem like a chill guy, and we all know what the elves end up doing a few thousand years down the line with AD!
    Edited by BenTSG on March 3, 2023 9:33AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was, who would fight for Emeric?
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    If it was, who would fight for Emeric?

Personally, he was my favorite faction leader and why I was originally DC in Cyrodiil. But, after a short period I swapped to not caring about what faction I was on.
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    rp stuff makes zero difference to me in this matter, but with a dc main i feel king emetic is the least bad of the 3. jorunn seems like a funny joke that got out of hand and ayrenn's fawning over the awful vanus in the msq put me off her forever. also her eyes are so widely spaced i have to think her mom drank a lot of summerset wine while ayrenn was in utero, sad and disgusting to contemplate.