The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't find Razum-dar

Yasha
Yasha
✭✭✭✭
On one of my toons I went to the starter island (the optional one) and just started running around killing stuff, exploring and picking up random quests. Then after a while when I went to Eagle's Strand to find Razum-dar but he wasn't there. I have looked all around, but I can't find him anywhere.

How can I progress the quest and get off the island?
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    To elaborate: I found a support file about "Why can’t I interact with Razum-dar for the quest “Storm on the Horizon” in Khenarthi’s Roost?" Which recommends following your compass to find another version of Razum near the north gate.

This does not address my problem. If I follow my compass it leads to the south gate, then the quest indicator swings around to the north when I get to the south gate. If I go towards the north the compass then quickly swings back to the south gate.

He is simply not there.
  • Pwezsal19
    Pwezsal19
    Razum-Dar! Thats the coolest Khajiit I've ever met lol B)
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    I had an issue finding him later in the quest line at level 10 or so... It seemed to be related to a network issue on my part as other NPCs were not appearing and chats had stopped going through as well. Quitting and re-entering the game cleared it for me.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At a point in the opening of the quest line there are indeed two copies of him, one by the south gate and one by the statues near the north gate. If the one at the south gate (goes to the beach) doesn't respond seek the one of him leaning against a statue near the northern gate.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    At a point in the opening of the quest line there are indeed two copies of him, one by the south gate and one by the statues near the north gate. If the one at the south gate (goes to the beach) doesn't respond seek the one of him leaning against a statue near the northern gate.

Yes I understand that, I have done the quest on several other characters, but on this toon he is not in Eagle's Strand at all.

I had an issue finding him later in the quest line at level 10 or so... It seemed to be related to a network issue on my part as other NPCs were not appearing and chats had stopped going through as well. Quitting and re-entering the game cleared it for me.

I have tried quitting and re-entering but the issue still persists.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK so I tried the fix suggested by customer support (log out, log back in, abandon quest, try to restart quest). Still no sign of Razum-dar anywhere. However, I found Sugar Claws near the small boats on the south side of Eagle's Strand and she said that she can take me back to the main AD island- so at least I am not stuck in the starter zone for ever!
  • Nounous13
    Nounous13
    Pwezsal19 wrote: »
    Razum-Dar! Thats the coolest Khajiit I've ever met lol B)

+1 <3
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    OK so I tried the fix suggested by customer support (log out, log back in, abandon quest, try to restart quest). Still no sign of Razum-dar anywhere. However, I found Sugar Claws near the small boats on the south side of Eagle's Strand and she said that she can take me back to the main AD island- so at least I am not stuck in the starter zone for ever!
    Interesting. I remember hearing him through the gate before I entered the little town were you find the shard up in the tower, but Razum-dur was in there, and in both spots as well as running around to lead me in the opening quests to the two NPCs I needed to chat with.

Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you /bug in game on this. Some of these issues can be difficult for the devs to track down.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to re-create this bug since the game launched for early release. I did experience while the game was in beta.
  • SilkyBlueCoral
    SilkyBlueCoral
    Soul Shriven
    I've run into this issue, or something similar, for me I got the request to go look for Razum-Dar on the starter island from the prophet. But before I did that I started doing the Queen's questline, which also had me talking to Razum-Dar. I also started the Green Lady Questline, and finished it.

But now I can't find Razum-Dar in Eagle's Strand although the compass still takes me there. I think I inadvertently skipped the first portion quest, because if I'm remembering correctly from the beta I talked to Razum-Dar at Eagles Strand and that led into Green Lady which Led into the Queen Questline. By doing the other questlines first, I tripped up the logic in the game. It doesn't think Razum-Dar needs to be at eagle's strand for me.

I'm hoping it will clean itself up (in my journal) when I finish the queen's questline. If it doesn't I'll try abandoning the quest and restarting it.
  • sinisa73
    sinisa73
    I am having this issue, too.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't find him either at Eagle's Strand...and that's the only thing left I had in the starter island haha; I'm letting that quest gather dust until there is a fix. :/
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Najah
    Najah
    I'm experiencing this as well. I did the green lady quest and half of the questline which had me stop the storm the sea elves were brewing, but there was no sign of Razum-dar anywhere afterward, at either gate. Went back and did the queen's questline and he showed up in the dungeon, but still no love at Eagle's Strand. Have logged out and restarted the game and computer, and nothing is bringing him back. Hopefully it gets fixed, soon.
  • SordanKlatir
    I've run into this issue, or something similar, for me I got the request to go look for Razum-Dar on the starter island from the prophet. But before I did that I started doing the Queen's questline, which also had me talking to Razum-Dar. I also started the Green Lady Questline, and finished it.

But now I can't find Razum-Dar in Eagle's Strand although the compass still takes me there. I think I inadvertently skipped the first portion quest, because if I'm remembering correctly from the beta I talked to Razum-Dar at Eagles Strand and that led into Green Lady which Led into the Queen Questline. By doing the other questlines first, I tripped up the logic in the game. It doesn't think Razum-Dar needs to be at eagle's strand for me.

I'm hoping it will clean itself up (in my journal) when I finish the queen's questline. If it doesn't I'll try abandoning the quest and restarting it.

I experience the exact same problem. finished the first part of the queens-line and met him at matthiisen, traveled then to eagle's strand but he didnt appear. canceled ALL quests and relogged, but still no razum-dar there. :-(
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update since others seem to be having this issue as well, I gave up looking for Raz at Eagles strand and went to the main town on the starer island, where I found Raz waiting on the bridge.

He then later showed up in the usual places - pub, boardwalk etc, but still not in Eagles strand.

However, there was a note pinned to the wall in the pub that gave me the quests Raz usually gives in Eagles Strand so it all worked out in the end.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never finished Storm on the Horizon because Razum-Dar didn't appear at the end. I tried every suggested solution, none worked, so I gave up, reported it and continued with the questline without issues. 10 levels lated the quest is still hanging in my journal, waiting for a fix.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I never finished Storm on the Horizon because Razum-Dar didn't appear at the end. I tried every suggested solution, none worked, so I gave up, reported it and continued with the questline without issues. 10 levels lated the quest is still hanging in my journal, waiting for a fix.

Did you see the note on the tavern wall directing you to quests?

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »

Did you see the note on the tavern wall directing you to quests?
    I didn't see anything I could interact with, no. That's not the problem though. I think I broke it by completing objectives out of order; I went out exploring and did Raz's quests before talking to him. I finished Tempest Unleashed too, so now he's standing in Cat's Eye Quay.

ESO doesn't seem to handle bypassing objectives well. I broke a quest on Betnikh this way, I never investigated the Ayleid ruin and went straight into Bloodthorns' Lair. This for some reason spawned two copies of Jakarn... I don't think it would have prevented me from advancing the quest, but I restarted just to be safe.
    Edited by Rosveen on April 9, 2014 12:22PM
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one had the same problem, walked away from Razum-Dar and "failed" quest because of walking out of mission area. When this one returned there he was no longer around, but Ri'Dariit remembers the note Yasha talks about. In center of Eagle Strand there is tree-stump, where Razum-Dar was before, leaving note that he is busy Khajiit and you just need to finish quest and find him in Mistral.
    Edited by Ri_Dariit on April 9, 2014 2:06PM
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • SordanKlatir
    This one had the same problem, walked away from Razum-Dar and "failed" quest because of walking out of mission area. When this one returned there he was no longer around, but Ri'Dariit remembers the note Yasha talks about. In center of Eagle Strand there is tree-stump, where Razum-Dar was before, leaving note that he is busy Khajiit and you just need to finish quest and find him in Mistral.

there is no stump with a note for me. :( i finished all the quests on the roost, except this little buggy thingy. :(
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

there is no stump with a note for me. :( i finished all the quests on the roost, except this little buggy thingy. :(

I found it in the inn near where Raz is having a drink, did you check there?

• SordanKlatir
    you mean in mistral? yes, i checked the town, but no stump. maybe i've missed it?
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    you mean in mistral? yes, i checked the town, but no stump. maybe i've missed it?

I didn't think it looked like a tree stump (although it was a while ago now). In the inn where Raz is drinking, if you stand a few feet behind Raz looking at the bar on your left (a couple of meters to your left) will be a pole (like one that supports the inn is my recollection-could be wrong though!) and on that pole I noticed a white sheet of paper. When I looked at it , it showed me the quests.

• RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Talking to Raz in Mistral doesn't count towards the Storm, unfortunately. It is possible to do the Storm and then hope they fix the bug by the time you are done. It is a bug, Raz never shows. Oddly for me it was my first and third character (out of 3 for this faction) that Raz never showed up for.

One character he stalked all the way to the tower of sales to talk to... I just hope this bug is sorted out eventually.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talking to Raz in Mistral doesn't count towards the Storm, unfortunately. It is possible to do the Storm and then hope they fix the bug by the time you are done. It is a bug, Raz never shows. Oddly for me it was my first and third character (out of 3 for this faction) that Raz never showed up for.

One character he stalked all the way to the tower of sales to talk to... I just hope this bug is sorted out eventually.

Like I said, you don't talk to Raz, the quest is on a piece of paper a pole in the inn where Raz is drinking.
  • SordanKlatir
    you mean the piece of paper, which is attached to a pole with a knive? saw it, but cannot interact with it. :( quest is still broken.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    you mean the piece of paper, which is attached to a pole with a knive? saw it, but cannot interact with it. :( quest is still broken.

Yeah that's where I picked up quests I missed because Raz was not at Eagles Strand. Weird that it doesn't work for you, I'll have to make another character at some point and try it out again.
  • SordanKlatir
    I think my main problem is, that i didn't catch the start for the first meet of razum-dar "right". i made ALL other quests on the roost and now i'm in skyward and everything runs fine. Except the little quest "meet him in the eagles strand". i even found him drinking in mistral and everything. just this little quest from the boat to the roost to meet razum-dar and get known with the commander.
  • sujaysarma
    Lol. Not finding one Razum-um-Dar is a problem? Try running into 4 of them. So we were on one of the quests involving him (vaguely recall having broken out of a jail for the 2nd time) and was in a group, sharing the same quest. As folks died and respawned and rejoined... something broke in the logic. Finally when we hit a stage where we needed to go talk to ol' RUD, 4 copies of him ran out from behind a tree!!! ROFL

Anyways, that didnt stop us from finishing the quest, which went ahead fine. But it was a laugh.