Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Report Gold Farmers

• Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Dunhilda wrote: »
    They have the technology

They can build him faster. Stronger.

But we don't want to spend a lot of money.

six-million-dollar-man-family-guy.jpg
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    This one sees that the gold farmers are using a different way to spread their spam. They started to mail it to random people. :| That is even harder to block then the chat spam that they also use.

F1 reports the player that sent the mail message and they ban hammer them. Don't ignore, report.
  • Xen91
    Xen91
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Xen91 wrote: »
    They've recently banned thousands. I feel like so far they're doing an amazing job in nearly every aspect.

@Xen91
    How do we know this? I do Believe you, but I have no seen reports and interested how to find and keep tabs on that as well.

You can find the post by Zen here:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/74534/taking-action-against-cheaters-in-eso#latest
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xen91 wrote: »
    We're all aware of the constant spam of gold sellers all throughout the world in-game. They spam mail, public chat, and I've even gotten private messages. I'm aware that thousands of accounts were recently banned for cheating. I assume that's both gold sellers and those who took advantage of them. I'm extremely impressed that action was taken so quickly. However, I'm curious as to what people think about player moderators. If you've ever played an MMO called Runescape, then you're probably familiar with the responsibilities and capabilities of player mods.

For those who don't:
    A player mod in RS has two approaches to people who break the rules,
    1: Priority abuse reports. This means that all abuse reports filed by a mod are directed to a separate group of staff.
    2: They also have the ability to administer temporary 48-hour mutes with their report.

Now some people may think that the second capability is too much power to give to players. Keep in mind that the status of player moderators is given to those hand picked by Zenimax. If they feel that the player is responsible enough not to abuse the power, how are we to question it?

Maybe they can implement an application process and make their decisions from there.

Always having a few mods in cities could pretty much eliminate the spam from gold sellers in chat for at least 48 hours until the report is received and reviewed by Zenimax.

I'm curious as to what people think on the matter.

I simply do not trust players being given any kind of literal power whatsoever. I'd much rather the system you mention just be GMs - there's no reason GMs have to be developers or full-time employees, but I do not think they should come out of player ranks.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Khandi wrote: »
    No gold farmers in TERA....just sayin'

Yes but the reasons for that are subject of a lengthy report and bear no comparison to this game. TERA is a game apart and it's status is complex and disturbing. Want to burst your gamer bubble ? Look into TERA.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm done reporting until they make a one-click reporting method. It's just not worth my time to fill out a form every time I see gold spam or get a gold spam email. right-click ignore for chat, and x to delete mail is just easier.

Hell, unless there is so much spam I can't read any other chat (on rare occasions when I actually care what's in zone chat), I don't even bother ignoring them.

Make it easy for me to report (right-click report spammer, which ignores and reports all in one, and F1 in email to both report -without filling out a form, and delete the message), and I'll start giving a crap again. Until then, I really don't care any more.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    They banned thousands... so they say.

The number of gold spammers hasn't noticeably dropped. It's still pretty much constantly. As far as the email, I logged into 4 gold spams. The bots are still camping every public dungeon.

So, talk/type is cheap. I believe what I can see with my own eyes.... cause that's how I play. It's the constant spam and cheating that actually affects me.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    To be quite honest I haven't seen a single line of gold sellers advertising in zone for a few days now. I do however recieve 2 mails a day from gold sells though, but it takes a whole 5 seconds to report them and I move on.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Dunhilda wrote: »
    They have the technology

They can build him faster. Stronger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLZ3rxwVBY
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. Humorous post out of the way...now down to business.

Having a fatalistic attitude that "we will never get rid of them" isn't helping at all,so please. Keep that to yourself.

We -can- make them reconsider. I know of several games that have no gold spam...so it's possible to get rid of them.

That said, yes. We do need ingame moderators that can either silence or ban watching zone chat for gold spammers.

We also need a modification to the ignore function that includes mail. As it stands, I've manually ignored mail spammers only to have more mail show up the following day. If you ignore someone..you should not be able to receive ANY kind of communication from them. No yell, no say, no zone, no tells, no emotes, no mail...nothing. I'd prefer it that they or I were shifted to another instance too. Totally separated.

Now, over in Neverwinter(god I hate pulling Craptic games out for an example, but....) the community got together and collectively complained about sale and guild spam in zone chat...and started reporting them too. The problem there is...if enough players report or even ignore you...you receive an automated chat ban for 24 hours.
    That is SO wrong. Something like that should NEVER be in the hands of players where it can be abused.
    I'll say that again, so it can sink in.
    Something like that should NEVER be in the hands of players where it can be abused.

That being said...spam is spam. (No Monty Python jokes, please.) Whether it is gold sales, item sales or guild membership....it's still spam. -I- report it as such, but I make sure to distinguish which it is in my reports and leave it up to Zenimax to decide the punishment(if any). I also report abusive chat as such.
    I report name violations.
    Now, I don't do these things to ruin someone else's day...I do them because it's what we, as players ARE EXPECTED TO DO by Zenimax...in addition to being the -right- thing to do.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.