Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Report Gold Farmers

k9mouse
k9mouse
✭✭✭✭✭
Figures that Gold Farmer showed up -.- Do not buy from them and players should report them!

What else can we do to get rid of the "virus" of them?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been reporting them constantly, ,hey there K9mouse :D

I am disappointed there isn't already a "one click" measure to report gold spammers like in SWTOR. I thought that would have been industry standard.

As it is now, it is way much a pain in the butt to report em. But the GMs need to be working overtime to get rid of em too.
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Eso should hide the account name handler. Am sure 1/5 of the hacked accounts will end up as such too.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and remember... for every gold spammer you report, that is another $60 you just earned for TESO! Woohooo thank you for not being FTP TESO!!
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    right click on their name - report player - add a screenshot for good measure. I've gotten e-mail responses back from the GMs saying they are looking into it from this method.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant really get rid of them , if you could , other games would have already done it.

Best you can do is dimish their profit.

That said , we for now report , like we always do , but that is something they must be used to by now.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    No gold farmers in TERA....just sayin'
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant really get rid of them , if you could , other games would have already done it.

That said , we for now report , like we always do , but that is something they must be used to by now.

Well free to play games they flourish.. there is no impact on their profit margin. But in pay to play games, $60 per account that gets trashed.. that hits over time.

In Age of Conan I used to Identify and Target gold farmers, and beat the living crapola out of them, constantly. I even made a music video of it to Thunderstuck...So mad yahoo ended my website so fast,, lost the video.

Not once did a GM tell me to stop.. because they couldn't report it.

Alas, things are different here.. Oh how I miss full out PvP games...
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What get me is where have they got so much gold from so quickly?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they have a small team of people who grid 24/7. From those grinding accounts they send to one "safe" account -- they have another account who do ads for them. They are some interesting videos on youtube that show one how they work and how they feel about their "job"
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    It makes no difference that we can't get rid of all gold farmers. Just getting rid of as many as we can is enough. Ignoring gold farmers and those that profit from it is just like condoning it.

I haven't seen any myself but it doesn't take but a few seconds to /report and move on with my playtime.

Do it for the children!
    PC/NA
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have sent in feedback (and you should too) to add "gold farmers" as a reason to report someone in the "Report Player" UI / window

//to do Feedback use the /feedback ingame.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I get daily in game mails advertising gold selling, so lucky if you only have to read it on chat.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get gold email and the chat spam. I think they toned down the auto ban spankings since some regular chat spammers were getting banned as well as some that just type a lot and people getting the hammer because somebody reported them by mistake cause they were the next person above or below the spammer.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭

Others have said it - but I thought I'd mention, GW2 got rid of gold sellers fairly easily. As long as we keep reporting they'll eventually die out.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they won't die out.

They will die out if the game dies out. As long as they can make money they will continue. GW2 didn't stop gold spam.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    What else can we do to get rid of the "virus" of them?
    Sell gold cheaper than they do! :D
    Edited by ElSlayer on April 10, 2014 11:34AM
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say I can't see why this should be my job, They ( ESO) have a Megaserver with zone wide chat, and we are still expected to report?

This isn't some other MMO with a number of servers this is one large one, all it would take for ESO is to have three men with a numbers of monitors looking at the chats logs for a number of areas and removed them as they come.

They have the technology
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    ZO needs to do a heavy PSA campaign at log in so EVERYONE see's it and knows not to buy from farmers... sure the odd idiot will still do it but this would help limit the amount of hacked accounts turned gold spammers... just a thought.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhilda wrote: »
    Sorry to say I can't see why this should be my job, They ( ESO) have a Megaserver with zone wide chat, and we are still expected to report?

This isn't some other MMO with a number of servers this is one large one, all it would take for ESO is to have three men with a numbers of monitors looking at the chats logs for a number of areas and removed them as they come.

They have the technology

Because no one can read millions lines of chat text and work matching is heavy server work cause lag spikes. What is wrong helping out? ZOS gets what we want in game (with in lore and reason) and we help out be reporting the people who make this MMO so bad. In a way, we are helping ourselves out not so much ZOS.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhilda wrote: »
    They have the technology

They can build him faster. Stronger.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arawn wrote: »
    Eso should hide the account name handler. Am sure 1/5 of the hacked accounts will end up as such too.
    Only if account holders use stupid passwords.

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one sees that the gold farmers are using a different way to spread their spam. They started to mail it to random people. :| That is even harder to block then the chat spam that they also use.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one sees that the gold farmers are using a different way to spread their spam. They started to mail it to random people. :| That is even harder to block then the chat spam that they also use.

Whatever third party app they are using for this is actually impressive. My new alts start the game with several spam mails.
  • Xen91
    Xen91
    They've recently banned thousands. I feel like so far they're doing an amazing job in nearly every aspect.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

Whatever third party app they are using for this is actually impressive. My new alts start the game with several spam mails.

Mail is account based, not char based. Correct me if I am wrong, if someone send your char a message, every char on that account can see that message. That is my understanding.

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xen91 wrote: »
    They've recently banned thousands. I feel like so far they're doing an amazing job in nearly every aspect.

@Xen91
    How do we know this? I do Believe you, but I have no seen reports and interested how to find and keep tabs on that as well.
    Edited by k9mouse on April 10, 2014 3:14PM
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    You cant really get rid of them
    ...in a F2P game.

In a game like this, yeah, you can. For 2 reasons.

1) It will cost them $60 per attempt. That will get very expensive, especially if the playerbase is aggressive with reporting.

2) Gold does not mean as much in this MMO as in many others.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    They have died down a lot. Each banned account means a high cost to them. A limited number of people buying gold means low profits. Also, I am still in favor harsh punishments for buyers. Specifically a negative gold balance equal to what they buy. Don't ban their accounts ZOS, make an example of them. They'll either beg, quit, or play their way of it. For the kind of people that would buy gold I find the first two actions the most likely probability.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

Mail is account based, not char based. Correct me if I am wrong, if someone send your char a message, every char on that account can see that message. That is my understanding.

So you are saying that if I delete mail while logged on one character, then get more spam when I create a new one - it somehow got resent to the new one? I don't think so. I'm fairly positive they are somehow realizing when a new character is created and spamming it.
  • Xen91
    Xen91
    We're all aware of the constant spam of gold sellers all throughout the world in-game. They spam mail, public chat, and I've even gotten private messages. I'm aware that thousands of accounts were recently banned for cheating. I assume that's both gold sellers and those who took advantage of them. I'm extremely impressed that action was taken so quickly. However, I'm curious as to what people think about player moderators. If you've ever played an MMO called Runescape, then you're probably familiar with the responsibilities and capabilities of player mods.

For those who don't:
    A player mod in RS has two approaches to people who break the rules,
    1: Priority abuse reports. This means that all abuse reports filed by a mod are directed to a separate group of staff.
    2: They also have the ability to administer temporary 48-hour mutes with their report.

Now some people may think that the second capability is too much power to give to players. Keep in mind that the status of player moderators is given to those hand picked by Zenimax. If they feel that the player is responsible enough not to abuse the power, how are we to question it?

Maybe they can implement an application process and make their decisions from there.

Always having a few mods in cities could pretty much eliminate the spam from gold sellers in chat for at least 48 hours until the report is received and reviewed by Zenimax.

I'm curious as to what people think on the matter.