Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Soul Magic skill line question

MageGuy
MageGuy
✭✭✭
So I need to have Soul Trap slotted to gain the effects of Soul Shatter and Soul Summons passives?
Or do they work more like Racials where as once you take them, they are always doing their thing?

Cuz I had soul summons as of yesterday, and I just died because I thought I could survive the jump..... I couldn't..... and I didn't see an option to Res other than the wayshrine. But that passive should have let me res every 2hrs where I was without a soul stone on me.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering this myself. I did have Soul Trap IV slotted and received no Soul Summons option. Does anyone know?
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    You have to finish a certain quest to advance in the soul lvl. That goes so far that you later catch the souls without the need of precasting.
  • cappaspada
    I had Soul Summons working only once and now i don't see the buff or the cooldown anymore and the passive is not working
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    @Arawn thanks for that bit of info
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Wedge
    Wedge
    ✭✭✭
    I have the soul magic skill that lets you rez from death every two hours for free. You do not need to have soul tap slotted for that.
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Wedge wrote: »
    I have the soul magic skill that lets you rez from death every two hours for free. You do not need to have soul tap slotted for that.
    If you're in the dungeon or elite area it's the quickest way to fill up.
    Personally i hate it to walk all the time back from the shrine.
  • cappaspada
    Wedge wrote: »

So my character must be bugged cause i have invested 1 skill point in that passive but it don't work for me, with or without Soul Tap slotted
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    You should not need to have Soul Trap slotted to use the rez. If you press "c" and look at your character it should have your boosts at the bottom, such as food, mundus stone, elder scroll, emperor bonuses. It will also show how long until you can use your free rez again. If there is no timer for it there on that screen it should be ready for use. Hope this helps.