The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Furnishing plan cooldown timers

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that once whites start dropping, a purple follows soon after, at least for me. It's random when it drops, but then again, whites just mean blue/green are on cooldown.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been farming for a couple days in the new zone, and looking at my loot logs, I've noticed a pattern, and that I've been farming all wrong. First off, when you see a white plan, swap toons. Second, purples seem to have an 8h cooldown between picking them up. That's not including the times people get them back to back, mind you, but swapping throughout my 18 toons farming the sailenmora crypts, I've only been getting purples to drop per toon every 8 hours, and not getting any purples on that specific toon if a purple has dropped in the past 8 hours.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there's a 5 min global cooldown account wide for picking up a plan I noticed. So once you pick up a purple on one toon, you need to wait 5 mins before the next one will get a drop.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    i did the quest and locked myself out of my main character which is annoying
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    I've been keeping track of purple plan drops, and I've found and finally confirmed sometiing.

You get one guaranteed purple plan. Once a day. And it refreshes at the daily reset (when endeavors refresh).

Mh, still try to figure out that story of account- and character-bound cooldown.

If I can add something here's my experience from today:
    Picked today a purple bosmer style plan, switched toon and got one purple nekrom style plan (one of the many banner themed plans).
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there separate cooldowns per type of item? When people get 2 purples are they perhaps a purple praxis and a purple pattern, with separate cooldowns?