The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing plan cooldown timers

Djennku
Djennku
✭✭✭✭✭
With furnishing plans, there is a cooldown when you pick up a plan before you are able to pick up another one. 10 mins for Greens, 1 hour for blues, and 20 hours for purples. If you've hit all those cooldowns, you end up pulling only white plans instead.

What Ive discovered in testing and hours of farming, is that each type of plan (ie. Fargrave, Solitude, Vampiric, Murkmire, etc.) has its own individual cooldown per quality of plan. Meaning you can pick up a purple Murkmire and then a purple Vampiric in the same day, but you can't pick u two separate purple Murkmire plans in the same 20 hour period.

I have figured out that these plan cooldowns are also ACCOUNT WIDE. So once you pick a purple Murkmire plan up on one toon, any other toon cannot also pick up a purple Murkmire plan until the cooldown expires. That in mind, it is still possible to pick up two purples in the same area (excluding homemaker CP bonuses) as long as they are not of the same collection.

@Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
Vamp and WW bites available for players.
Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been testing this the past few weeks, and noticed how I'd get a purple plan to drop on one toon, and then swap toons as videos that had been made would tell you to do when finding a purple plan.

Instead of finding another purple of the type I was farming (in my case, vampiric, from Nchuthkarst), I'd only end up with white plans. I also noticed how each time Id pick up a plan (vamp, Dwarven, solitude, homestead), it would be a different type from the one I picked up within the past hour or so farming, and when I found all plans of each type and quality, I'd only find white plans no matter which toon I was on.

This led me to realize that the patterns ere in fact on cooldowns per quality per type per account.

I decided to only farm that loop of urns I was using (outer ring of the PD group boss) once ever 20-24 hours (I used the daily reset as a timestamp), and found that I'd get 1 (or two if homemaker procced) purple vamp plans every time I'd go in there.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• spantifical
    spantifical
    Soul Shriven
    Are you finding this pattern on just purples or with blues and greens as well?

I recently posted a video on Pattern Cooldowns which focused on blues and greens (I didn't get a 2nd purple within my 8 hours of farming). At the 7 minute mark, I show that I got 2 High Isle blue patterns within 8 minutes of each other by swapping toons. I would assume this would hold true for purples as well, though...that the cooldown is simply character-wide and any variation is coincidence. Would love to see your findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzax4QC_sMc
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you finding this pattern on just purples or with blues and greens as well?

I recently posted a video on Pattern Cooldowns which focused on blues and greens (I didn't get a 2nd purple within my 8 hours of farming). At the 7 minute mark, I show that I got 2 High Isle blue patterns within 8 minutes of each other by swapping toons. I would assume this would hold true for purples as well, though...that the cooldown is simply character-wide and any variation is coincidence. Would love to see your findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzax4QC_sMc

Your video was actually one of the things I used as a reference while testing this. I would pickup a purple on one of my toons (I had 5 farming this loop at the time of testing) and then noted down which patterns I picked up afterwards on the other toons. If I got white patterns, I stopped and changed toons, and from prior testing, I would not get anything other than white until one of the cooldowns expired.

I found that even if I swapped toons, I'd only get one of each type of blue before not getting any on subsequent toons. The thing I was most focused on was purples though.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @spantifical It could also be just the purples that are account wide vs blues and greens, which may not follow this pattern. My focus was mostly on the most efficient way of farming purple plans and what the cooldowns and limits were for those specifically.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• spantifical
    spantifical
    Soul Shriven
    It could be. I suspect that purples follow the same patterns as blues and greens, with just a longer cooldown. But more testing is definitely needed. I look forward to seeing more of your data!!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been keeping track of purple plan drops, and I've found and finally confirmed sometiing.

You get one guaranteed purple plan. Once a day. And it refreshes at the daily reset (when endeavors refresh).
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After much testing on this, I've confirmed that the purples are a once a day drop, and you get another chance at them per account when the dailies reset. So yes, you could get more than one in a 20hour period, because the drops were close to reset times.

I went through this with a lot of speculation in the beginning because nothing was really written down in stone. I'd observed myself getting no more than two patterns max when I'd farm, and I did so around reset time.

I would use the 20 hour mark to go look for more purples, but rules this out when I kept getting whites over and over. Blues and greens I can confirm I get a drop on the 1 hour mark per toon or so, but purples were once per account.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add, plan your farming according to what plans you are after, and make sure to farm where those purples you want to drop that day before anything else that may drop a plan.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to update this, seems my RNG is just really weird with purples, so purples have a daily cooldown, it resets when the other dailies reset (5 am EST NA servers, I don't know the EU times since they changed it), you can get one purple per character per day, and can get any purple available in the zone.

I used to think you could only get one of each type of plan, but that was just my RNG giving me one of each type of plan on the 5 toons I was farming on every day. I also thought it was one plan per account, because I'd stop farming once I pick up white plans, thinking white plans meant you couldn't get purples. I found out that getting whites is only when the cooldown for green and blue plans is ongoing, and does not restrict you from getting purples (although you may need to switch toons).

I also learned that getting one type of purple does not prevent you from getting the same type of purple on a different toon, and that it is random when and what they drop, but if you immediately swap characters after picking up a purple and nothing else, you ar more likely to get a purple on the next toon. It's not a guarantee, but it does happe often that I get purples faster chain-farming them that way.

I've also spoken to a few other people who farm patterns regularly, and noticed these tends as well.

@Djennku, PCNA.

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For what it's worth, I've pulled multiple purple furnishing plans in the same day in Summerset and in Northern Elsweyr. I'm not 100% certain about Northern Elsweyr, but I'm positive that you can pull more than 1 purple plan in the same day on the same character in Summerset, as I farmed a specific plan there for quite a while.

I've been farming the Galen delve/world boss dailies trying to get the new structure furnishing plans, and those drops have been absolute trash. I've pulled a couple of green plans and a single blue plan since those plans started dropping, and that's with running 3-4 characters each day.
    Djennku wrote: »
    I decided to only farm that loop of urns I was using (outer ring of the PD group boss) once ever 20-24 hours (I used the daily reset as a timestamp), and found that I'd get 1 (or two if homemaker procced) purple vamp plans every time I'd go in there.

Which public dungeons are you running this in, and do you think that this is the best way to farm purple Vampiric furnishing plans? I'm trying to complete the collection on my crafter and am not keen on paying 250K-1M per plan...

Edited by CGPsaint on April 9, 2023 8:51PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rng rng rng.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    rng rng rng.

That's not a very helpful comment. Care to elaborate?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rng rng rng.
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    rng rng rng.

whether you get a furnishing plan is down to rng. if there were actual cooldowns people's supposed cooldowns wouldn't be so inconsistent.

some people say purple plans are on a 1 hour cooldown others say 20 hours, some say green and blue have no cooldowns and others say it's 10 or 30 minutes or 1 hour.

being unlucky is frustrating but it really seems to just be you're either lucky or not
    Edited by LunaFlora on April 9, 2023 9:23PM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    rng rng rng.
    rng rng rng.

whether you get a furnishing plan is down to rng. if there were actual cooldowns people's supposed cooldowns wouldn't be so inconsistent.

some people say purple plans are on a 1 hour cooldown others say 20 hours, some say green and blue have no cooldowns and others say it's 10 or 30 minutes or 1 hour.

being unlucky is frustrating but it really seems to just be you're either lucky or not

If I am not wrong - please, someone do correct me if I am - the Devs stated and confirmed that there are cooldowns for some furniture plans/diagrams/etc.. At least for some of them and some ways to aquire them.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rng rng rng.
    rng rng rng.

If I am not wrong - please, someone do correct me if I am - the Devs stated and confirmed that there are cooldowns for some furniture plans/diagrams/etc.. At least for some of them and some ways to aquire them.

it would be lovely if you had a source for that.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I've pulled multiple purple furnishing plans in the same day in Summerset and in Northern Elsweyr. I'm not 100% certain about Northern Elsweyr, but I'm positive that you can pull more than 1 purple plan in the same day on the same character in Summerset, as I farmed a specific plan there for quite a while.

I've been farming the Galen delve/world boss dailies trying to get the new structure furnishing plans, and those drops have been absolute trash. I've pulled a couple of green plans and a single blue plan since those plans started dropping, and that's with running 3-4 characters each day.

Which public dungeons are you running this in, and do you think that this is the best way to farm purple Vampiric furnishing plans? I'm trying to complete the collection on my crafter and am not keen on paying 250K-1M per plan...

I do know that the motifs up until N Elsweyr release had no cooldown on them, but S Elsweyr on, there was a daily cooldown on pages.

Purple pattern-wise, I am farming Nchuthnkarst public dungeon using the loop of urns around the group boss. I've only ever gotten one purple to drop per toon per day, no matter how long I've farmed, and it usually takes me 1-3 hours of farming per day to get 4 out of my 5 toons I have in there a purple. Sometimes I'll get purples within the first 5-10 mins of farming, sometimes to takes a bit.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purple pattern-wise, I am farming Nchuthnkarst public dungeon using the loop of urns around the group boss. I've only ever gotten one purple to drop per toon per day, no matter how long I've farmed, and it usually takes me 1-3 hours of farming per day to get 4 out of my 5 toons I have in there a purple. Sometimes I'll get purples within the first 5-10 mins of farming, sometimes to takes a bit.

Do you just farm the urns and then log out and switch characters, then rinse/repeat as necessary?

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you just farm the urns and then log out and switch characters, then rinse/repeat as necessary?

Pretty much.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First, thanks for all your testing and answers provided. 

God forbid, Zos actually gives use the rule set for plans they have programmed into the game so as not to waste its player time in trying to figure out their cooldowns they have programmed and set up. It would be such a simple thing to answer the question of cooldowns without such grief/frustration it causes its player base.

Stay Safe :)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My personal cooldown for purple furnishing plans seems to be about 1 month, sigh.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    First, thanks for all your testing and answers provided. 

God forbid, Zos actually gives use the rule set for plans they have programmed into the game so as not to waste its player time in trying to figure out their cooldowns they have programmed and set up. It would be such a simple thing to answer the question of cooldowns without such grief/frustration it causes its player base.

Stay Safe :)

Their goal is to keep people in the game playing as much as earthly possible, day in and day out. What they fail to realize is that if they just focused on creating a fun and engaging game, that people would do that anyways.

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/13bgd82/no_way/

Here is a video of someone getting two Purple Aylied furnishings back to back
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

that is so awesome

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I saw that video yesterday and while I'm happy for that dude, I'm hella mad that I've been farming for YEARS and have yet to find a single Ayleid furnishing plan. ZOS has literally made ESO as frustrating and unrewarding as possible for some many facets of this game. It's all good though. They're doing a hell of a job of convincing me to spend more time playing better games.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's amazing RNG!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Twig_Garlicshine
    Twig_Garlicshine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have received back to back Purple plans and motifs within 20 hour, 18 hour, daily reset, 5 min and 10 min "cooldowns"
    every time the claims gets pushed out by players.

People really hate RNG, and Random Chance,

when it goes against them.

Long live casinos, superstitions, and myths.

P.S. After years of testing I have found only one thing that works regarding ESO RNG,

Sacrifice yourself to the Slaughterfish every time you log in, and the RNGoddess will put you on her favoured list.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fkey wrote: »
    I have received back to back Purple plans and motifs within 20 hour, 18 hour, daily reset, 5 min and 10 min "cooldowns"
    every time the claims gets pushed out by players.

People really hate RNG, and Random Chance,

when it goes against them.

Long live casinos, superstitions, and myths.

P.S. After years of testing I have found only one thing that works regarding ESO RNG,

Sacrifice yourself to the Slaughterfish every time you log in, and the RNGoddess will put you on her favoured list.

That's actually good to know. I was hoping to help people with trying to figure out how the drops system works, and how to most effectively farm plans. That's what this whole post is about.

Again, this is all based off what me and others have seen RNG drop-wise, and since there's been no official statement by ZoS on the matter, there's really no telling if RNG chances even fluctuate at times.

Appreciate the feedback, as it's nice to know that things can be wrong and we make adjustments. ^^

@Djennku, PCNA.

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gave this a whirl and managed to pull a purple plan after a couple of hours of farming. I would have loved a Vampiric plan but RNG gave me a base game Khajiit Urn, Amber. You have to love when they water down new zone plans with old vanilla plans that everyone already has.

• SoraJP
    SoraJP
    ✭✭✭
    The cool-down for furnishing plans is a debunked myth. There is that video of someone getting the purple Ayleid plans back to back posted earlier. I also got a double blue drop in of Galen plans, then less than 5 minutes later got another blue Galen plan drop. It all comes down to stacked probability. Very low chance of getting purple plan, even less of a chance of getting it again anytime soon.
    PC/NA Khajiit Warden Main
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoraJP wrote: »
    The cool-down for furnishing plans is a debunked myth. There is that video of someone getting the purple Ayleid plans back to back posted earlier. I also got a double blue drop in of Galen plans, then less than 5 minutes later got another blue Galen plan drop. It all comes down to stacked probability. Very low chance of getting purple plan, even less of a chance of getting it again anytime soon.

While that may be true, I stop farming when I start getting nothing but white furnishing plans.

I was farming Druidic furnishing plans yesterday and over the course of 4+ hours I didn't get a single blue or purple Druidic plan, however I did pull 7 purple treasures. Do those purple treasures nullify the chance at a purple furnishing plan? Does pulling a purple provisioning recipe nullify the chance at a purple furnishing plan? There are so many unanswered questions and ZOS doesn't seem interested in clarifying, so long as we're spending time in the game, for better or worse.