The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live Folders when MyDocuments has been mapped to SecondaryHD

Zani
Zani
I'm running Windows 8.1 and have My Documents folder mapped to drive D so the My Documents folder is not present under C:\users\%username%\. It's simply D :\Documents.

It seems like this has caused a problem with the creation of, what would be, the C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\ directory.

Has anyone else run into this issues? How did you get around it to install AddOns?
Edited by Zani on March 31, 2014 3:27PM
  • Zani
    Zani
    I cross posted this thread to the AddOns board and it is getting a response there, so I am linking to it from here.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62817/missing-documents-elder-scrolls-online-live-folders-when-mydocuments-has-been-mapped-to-secondaryhd?new=1
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what went on with your setup, but I can at least say that I have my Documents folder moved to a different drive and ESO didn't seem to have any issue creating the appropriate folders and files there. I have my Documents folder set to N:\Documents and that folder does contain the Elder Scrolls Online directory. I've also successfully installed addons there.

Just for clarification, you do have your Documents folder location set to "D :\Documents" and not just "D : \", right?

EDIT: Had to add spaces so the forum wouldn't insert emoticons when I didn't want them o.O
    Edited by darkkterror_ESO on March 31, 2014 8:10PM
  • Zani
    Zani

Just for clarification, you do have your Documents folder location set to "D :\Documents" and not just "D : \", right?

Correct. I have a folder that is D : \Documents

What OS are you running? I am running Windows 8.1
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

Have you tried running the game as administrator? I'd set both the launcher and game executable to run as administrator, just to see if that allows the game to create the necessary directories.
  • Zani
    Zani
    Hate to be anticlimactic like this, BUT when I got home I looked for the folder and it is there now. clear as day. D : \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\...

My PC restarted to apply updates while I was at work, so that might of fixed it (I doubt it). ...OR I need to get my vision checked.

Thanks for the help