Templar support identity suggestion

WalkingArmory
WalkingArmory
Soul Shriven
I think a nice addition to the templar kit in terms of a support role would be the extension of the Sacred Ground passive for blocking to group members or allies.

"While standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area effects and for up to 4 seconds after leaving them you gain Minor Mending, increasing your healing done by 8%. Also increases the amount of damage you can block by 10% for the duration."

Even if the amount needs to be lowered for applying to allies/group, it would be a unique aid templars can bring to mitigate some of their loss of identity from hybridization rendering Minor Sorcery null as a group can choose to spec into weapon damage, Minor Intellect and Minor Endurance having the option to be sourced from wardens or nightblades, Major Maim from the ice staff taunt, as well as the more conveniently sourced minor breach coming with U37.

It would mesh well with their concept of a 'radiant protector' and bring something to the table that other classes can't offer thus increasing templar relevancy.
  • Vilahelm
    Vilahelm
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as a DK main, Templars definitely need some love. I would love to see some class identity returned to the Templar as you've suggested as it seems like a lot of it has been stripped away. I really think that the unique buffs classes give (Minor Brutality for DK) need to be focused on at some point with the hybridisation.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vilahelm wrote: »
    Speaking as a DK main, Templars definitely need some love. I would love to see some class identity returned to the Templar as you've suggested as it seems like a lot of it has been stripped away. I really think that the unique buffs classes give (Minor Brutality for DK) need to be focused on at some point with the hybridisation.

Jewelry enchants are hybrid now. Minor brutality and minor sorcery ARE hybrid now unless you use a potion for your damage buff and that potion is the opposite of the dk/templar in your group.
    And then crit buffs from sorc and nb already are hybridized unless you use a potion for your crit.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Vilahelm
    Vilahelm
    ✭✭✭
    Vilahelm wrote: »

Jewelry enchants are hybrid now. Minor brutality and minor sorcery ARE hybrid now unless you use a potion for your damage buff and that potion is the opposite of the dk/templar in your group.
    And then crit buffs from sorc and nb already are hybridized unless you use a potion for your crit.

That's the thing though. Let's assume every other buff a player has is hybrid, so they have equal spell and weapon damage. In this case, the unique buffs of Minor Brutality and Minor Sorcery don't synergise, since there's no point in having both seeing as they don't stack- they'll just even out weapon and spell damage. It is the same case with Sorcs and NBs.

IMO the unique class buffs should bring a benefit to the whole group that are not essentially the same as others. It seems like an oversight otherwise.