The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gaze of Sithis Outlaw refuge lead/Leads hidden behind low percentage drop rates

tobov119
tobov119
✭✭
I farmed four of the five leads for the Gaze of Sithis mythic going on 3 1/2 weeks ago. Had the four out of five within a few hours. I have one toon leveled in Dark Brotherhood to have the Shadowy Supplier. For 3 1/2 weeks now, once per day, as that is all that it allows with a 20 hour cooldown, I have gone to the Shadowy Supplier, in the Blackwood Outlaws Refuge, clicked "Have any Equipment today?" option, and can't get the lead to drop. I keep getting Sithis set items that have already dropped, that I have already collected. I even went and bought a bunch of Sithis items that I didn't already have collected, in the hopes that this would increase my chance for the drop. Didn't make any difference, it seems.

As a casual gamer who plays 3-4 days a week, 1-4 hours at a time, sometimes more often, sometimes less often, this is BEYOND frustrating. It is ridiculous. I don't have the time to level up another toon to increase my chances of the drop, as some suggest. While I do not expect everything just be given out and to work for things, then why not put the lead behind a monster that I need to kill, or in a dungeon that I have to farm? But behind a 20 hour cooldown, and going on nearly 4 weeks, I do not understand the point of it. It makes no sense. I know the Gaze of Sithis isn't that great, but it was going to be something I wanted on a specific build. But I guess the point of putting it behind a 20 hour cooldown firewall that drops the same gear over and over again that you have already collected, is that it just wouldn't be available and I need to go do something else. The developers of the game created it and put it in the game, but apparently don't want people to have it. That's how I feel.

Recently I farmed another lead that was behind the last boss in the Vaults of Madness. You had to kill that boss for lead to drop. I ran the dungeon 34 times before it dropped?!? What is the point behind having to run a dungeon that many times for a lead to drop? I didn't make that number up. I started counting runs on the 9th run.

I recently had to fish for two days on one of my toons. I put champion points into the fishing champion thingy to hopefully increase my chances for the drop. It took me about 4 hours over two days of just FISHING and doing nothing else, for the lead to drop. Again, what is the point behind making you spend that many hours doing a VERY BORING activity in the game to get a lead?

I like ESO, generally. Frankly, there isn't a game that I have found that has the positive aspects of this game and the combat system, otherwise, I would probably be playing something else. There are a lot of things I DO NOT LIKE about ESO, but those are outweighed by the positive things. Things that bother me the most are the things like it taking 180 days of daily activity to level your horse. What is the point of having a mount in the game, in such a big game, and having your horse run ssoooooooo sllooooowwww in the beginning? 60 days of daily interaction with the game to level mount speed, and then another 120 days to level the other two items? No wonder so many people start the game, only get to level 36, and then quit the game.

Crafting is even worse. It took me well over 6 months of daily interaction to level one of my toons to Master Crafter. And then after spending all that time doing it, I got nothing for it. If someone is going to spend that much time on an item in the game, there should be a HUGE reward, like giving me 100 of each gold quality materials to improve stuff. Something, anything.

As someone who has played this game for nearly 4 years, the people in charge of this game would do well to improve the "quality of life" of people playing this game by fixing things like this. I would rather see meaningful fixes to "quality of life" issues in the game than new content or new sets or new mythics or new dungeons. There is already enough stuff in the game for the casual player to literally spend years doing. I don't do trials, only because I feel like I don't play enough to farm that high end gear that you need for trials, and with my experiences as described, it doesn't look like something I would enjoy if I have to spend hours and hours doing dungeons just to get the right gear, so that I don't make 11 other people mad at me because I don't have the right gear and mess up their super duper trial run.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some leads really, really suck. Just spend a few hours in The Vile Manse trying to find treasure chests, with 3-4 other people doing the same. It's just so dull and frustrating. I can't imagine that the persons that come up with this stuff actually play the game.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Some leads really, really suck. Just spend a few hours in The Vile Manse trying to find treasure chests, with 3-4 other people doing the same. It's just so dull and frustrating. I can't imagine that the persons that come up with this stuff actually play the game.

As bad as that was, it's going to be hard to top the Waders lead from Shadowfen when it was released. People were actually selling their spots next to nodes because of how hard it was to find an available one.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally agree, I've run so many time dragonstar arena for the lead to drop -never did- and im not planning to run again
    give us a sys that can drop the lead in other ways ,treasure maps with a 0,000004 chance, farming long and boring dungeons for the 30th time and/or bosses isnt the way antiquities and lots of game items should be acquired in game
    Edited by method__01 on February 5, 2023 1:15AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• tobov119
    tobov119
    ✭✭
    Well, I am happy to report that the Outlaws Refuge, Gaze of Sithis lead, finally dropped from the Shadowy supplier, 26 days later, and after, I had farmed the other four leads.

To clearly sum that up, I went to the supplier for 26 days straight before the lead dropped.

Mysteriously, it dropped the day after my post here. Hmmm.....
    Edited by tobov119 on February 6, 2023 7:36PM
  • tobov119
    tobov119
    ✭✭
    Sorry, that update above should say 26 days, not 19. I mis-counted.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine with the low rates, some things should take effort and/or dedication.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i would say it took me around 2-3 weeks myself to get it

i think i got around 4-5 of those heart furnishings before i got the lead, wish i could sell those lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one. I have literally spent the last 5 days(about 6 hrs each day) just in MOONLIT COVE, swapping characters over and over and over. Do you know how mind numbingly BORING that is? It took me 7 days to finish the leads on betnikh island! I understand grinding, having your players do things to extend playtime but there's a fine line between a grind and ridiculous. A "bad streak of rng" is becoming a bit too common. Starting to feel like the old days when I played EQ.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has gotten every mythic lead to drop except for the %#&$! lead in DSA, I have a theory based on my experiences grinding for leads. I’ve noticed that quite often, after grinding for hours on a lead and not getting it, it drops for me quickly the next time I log into the game and begin to grind again.

My theory is that ZOS has designed much of the game around encouraging us to login as many days per month as possible, and not necessarily to stay logged in for any particular length of time. This implies that we’re better off spreading out our grind over several days rather than in one long mind-numbing session.

This is likely just a huge assumption based on my limited experience so take from it what you will, but I also noticed that spreading it out over several sessions helped my sanity as well (I’m looking at you, Southern Elsweyr psijiic portal lead).
    Edited by Marcus684 on February 6, 2023 8:49PM
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    I am fine with the low rates, some things should take effort and/or dedication.

Shouldnt it be fun playing also? I think you can Ask anyone how fun they had standing with 20 people staring at a lockbox in murkmire.

I agree that Who ever comes up with these things are weird.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add treasure map leads and the one from watchlings to the list of annoying leads. The treasure maps I find particularly annoying as it involves multiple levels of RNG. No leas should have that imo.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i got mine on day 1 of trying, on my 3rd character.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i got mine on day 1 of trying, on my 3rd character.

I got the DSA lead on my second run ever. Did it once before a long time ago but wanted to fill that sticker book finally and got it without even having it in the back of my mind. But that doesn't make the frustration any less for people (like Marcus above) who have run it dozen of times without luck. It's a stupid system, ESO has way too many RNG mechanics.
    Edited by Snamyap on February 7, 2023 2:03PM
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting for 3 weeks or more for a lead drop is just stupid. It's just absolutely stupid.

And then, after you've grinded that long for a lead... NOT the Mythic itself... just ONE lead, they nerf the Mythic. lol

And they're not going to change the RNG.

THAT, is even more upsetting... and stupid.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:16AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaze of Sithis leads? Rookie. Talk to me after you try to get Mora's Whispers.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's Mythic RNG for you. I somehow managed to farm all the Gaze of Sithis leads in 2 hours on the morning of Blackwood launch. All the bosses and the outlaw's refuge dropped on the first try. Yet it took me a week to get Mora's Whispers and 2 weeks for Lefthander's Aegis.
    PC NA
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got it by 1 character in a week.

Gaze of Sithis is not very useful anyway.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

Health recovery is underrated for Stam Sorc PvP.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 28, 2024 3:19AM
    PC NA
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

vampires don't need recovery.

Undeath + half health + big shield is good, although I only do this for arcanist.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

vampires don't need recovery.

Undeath + half health + big shield is good, although I only do this for arcanist.

For reference, the health recovery on Gaze of Sithis is the same self-healing as Almalexia's Mercy on Stam Sorc. It's a loaded mythic. Same with the health recovery on Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch. You get a ton of value out of both.

Also, health recovery won't be affected by Defile in Update 41.

But players can keep running Vamp Stage 3 if they want. Doesn't make a difference to me 😂
    PC NA