The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Roleplay Event?

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we shouldn't have a roleplay event, rather we should have another kind-of event
    I'm not MMO fan. And, I'm enjoying role-playing situation by solo story quest.
    Moreover I hate most of event mission. When I saw huge player's cloud at the world-boss
    or dragon spot, I lost every immersion. :(
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option to vote for me: I don't mind such an event, but wouldn't take part.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but it should be lead by roleplay guilds
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The only kind of Roleplay event I could see working is like the events that took place in Lord of the Rings Online.

You're not fighting things, you're not doing normal ingame activities, you're just... doing fun stuff. A horse race, a timed course around the region, getting drunk and navigating around with a hard to control character, etc.

ESO does have some of this in New Life, but it definitely needs more silly quests like that with a bit more depth to them.

I don't know how similar it is because I haven't played LOTRO but that sounds like Guild Wars 2 festivals as well. There are always combat activities included, but there's lots of other stuff too, like mount races, puzzles, treasure hunts, and little things like pinatas or jack o' lanterns to find and use around towns. The specifics always change to match the theme and lore of the festival of course, but it's nice to have some things to do besides combat, especially when it's supposed to be an in-universe celebration and not just a game event.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have roleplay events all the time. Every event is a roleplay event as this is an RPG making all activities RP.

May want to do a question for the poll that is not so generalized.