The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampirism

Arcturus
Arcturus
✭✭✭
Hello everyone :) (first post!)

I'm glad vampires are starting to get some *very* (emphasize very) much deserved love, and acknowledgement that the way they've "worked" so far has been absolutely horrendous and that therefore nobody has been content and comfortable with vampires. I am happy to see the devs are going back to the drawing board bit by bit, and I'd like to share a few points I deem to be in need of change. Some could be easily changed given some time, others would take considerable dev effort, but since the update structure of ESO is being changed I hope there's room for such things in the future.

First off, stage textures. To anyone that's into ugly and monstrous vampires, you're welcome to enjoy them, but for most of us(guilds I've asked, at least), the skins/textures look rather distasteful or just simply outdated (a sentiment WW and certain class specific skills also share). I am unsure as to why they weren't changed/updated after a vampire-specific Chapter (resource limitations?), but it would be nice to see them get some attention. I'll also say there should be an option to camouflage vampirism with a hotkey or something along those lines. Stage 1 already looks vampiric enough for common folk to notice and now that vampires are already implemented into the justice system I don't understand why you are not attacked on sight, being denied trade by a merchant at stage 4 just isn't enough. I don't RP much, but even for me, it already ruins the "vampire experience" a lot. If I had the option to camouflage, forgot to do it when entering a city and got called out for being a vampire and attacked by guards, I would've been pleasantly surprised and immersed, and people who would see this as "annoying" could just be camouflaged constantly anyway. Some people have argued to this in the past with "but we won't be able to see vamps in PvP!" to which I'll (Dumbledore style)calmly say that helmets and add-ons exist.

Secondly, the big biggie. The ultimate is a big let-down, especially when it was marketed as an actual Vampire Lord when it is just a Goliath with a different skin. I can't speak for others here as I don't have an external opinion on this yet, but I was expecting the ultimate to be a Vampire Lord as it was marketed as such. Specifically, I was expecting to turn into a 2 bar Vampire Lord with each bar being the good ol' blood magic/melee that we saw in Dawnguard. With some thought given to it (like magicka/stamina regen reduced to 0 depending on which bar you're using, not give an extra 10k health reset button with wall hacks...) I don't think it would've made the balance mess that we ended up getting with the back tracked vampire skill line that we ended up getting, both for PvE and PvP. The back tracking itself was made even more apparent when there were things like wing remnants on a Scion morph.

Last thing, not hard to implement, but definitely not as easy as the textures: Fangs. Every time I use a skill that makes my character scream (specifically pre-buffing before a fight while looking at my character because, y'know, he's handsome) I'm very bummed to see that he's got plain normal teeth. This is by far the least important issue here, for obvious reasons, but it would be nice to have fangs. Y'know, it's the rule of cool! It would also drastically help immersion during a meal or when marking someone at an altar, as your teeth are very visible in those instances.

I can't know for sure of course, but to me, it feels like the devs wanted to go a similar direction with the things discussed above and got told to back track at the last possible second, which feels bad!

Looking forward to your own insight on this.

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretend your fangs are sheathed when your not actively biting someone, just imagine having large fangs in your mouth 247 snd how uncomfortable that would be, as for the Scion form the implementation as a direct power buff would be better then being like the Werewolf form as that ensures your scion form is always stronger then your regular form.

If they made it like the Werewolf with it's own skills it might be really weak, imagine being limited to only your vampire abilities while transformed.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 3, 2023 12:55PM
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    i haven't seen anything saying they are going to redo the vamp(again)
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logan68 wrote: »

They only updated one skill, but it has been asked for for a while.

As for the OP, I would love better textures, but the design needs to stay as is, this isnt twilight.

The ultimate is very, very good if used properly, and actually built into, perfect scion could use a bit of love, but is SUPER useful for vampire healers. Making vampirism a mirror of werewolf would be boring, and unimaginative. I actually very much appreciate what they have done , and continue to do with vampires.
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    what has to go is that stupid slash animation most vampires are magic and we all use staffs and slashing with a stupid staff is just well stupid. Honestly if we arent using the weapon was it even out. Why dont we have any of the abilities the vampires and blood fiends seem to have. Why do we have a 3 second distance drain. Why does are ultimate form take so much ultima and last a few seconds. Why are the downsides so much that it hardly makes sense to use vampire abilities. My normal abilities come with a heavy cost even at stage 1. At stage 4 i am magika starved pretty quickly with no health regeneration and my vamp abilities do not compete with my regular abilities. The hole skill line is fubarred

Maybe when our vamp form is activated have it last for a minute or so, have it use its only abilities based around melee attack with a separate bar

Get rid of the health regeneration penalty lore wise ourt health re generation should be higher to replicate quick regeneration.

Get rid of the penalty to ability use and instead increase the power of our abilities as we feed it should be enough to off set the nasty fire penalty (to make this far vampire should remove the dark elf fire immunity buffs)

Stage one no feeding. 5% reduction of damage all abilities, health regeneration lowered
    Stage two one feeding lasts 4 hours no reduction to damage no lower health regeneration
    Stage 3 lasts 2 hours 3% increase to damage all abilities increased health regeneration
    Stage 4 last 30 minutes 5% increased to damage all abilities increased health regeneration.

we get stronger as we feed leading us to want to feed more and run the risk of discovery.

The numbers of course would have to be worked out but the point is in how feeding should work

and get rid of the ugly look vampires are scary because they are monsters that fit in.

Our slash attack should look like a claw attack.

Cloud should be a choice between normal movement with a teleport or fast movement( more then 30% around 50% not poison.

Add a teleport melee attack like the lowly blood fiends better yet make it look like mist form with damage and a short stun.

get rid of any ability that actually takes away our health to use that's just stupid. Modify it cost mana while active we are magic creatures after all.

most of all we should have an attack that returns health to us while fighting a passive or active doesnt matter. Again to simulate the rapid rengeration we are supposed to have.

Most of all turn off the skill line in pvp so the pvpers dont whine. Most of the nerfs come from trying to balance things for pvp so just dont. In pvp your whatever you are its a separate game anyway so it doesn't matter.

Just ideas from a person who as read or watched more vampire movies shows and books then i care to admit.(yes most end up being softcore *** but some like Byzantine are simply awesome)
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what has to go is that stupid slash animation most vampires are magic and we all use staffs and slashing with a stupid staff is just well stupid. Honestly if we arent using the weapon was it even out. Why dont we have any of the abilities the vampires and blood fiends seem to have. Why do we have a 3 second distance drain. Why does are ultimate form take so much ultima and last a few seconds. Why are the downsides so much that it hardly makes sense to use vampire abilities. My normal abilities come with a heavy cost even at stage 1. At stage 4 i am magika starved pretty quickly with no health regeneration and my vamp abilities do not compete with my regular abilities. The hole skill line is fubarred

Maybe when our vamp form is activated have it last for a minute or so, have it use its only abilities based around melee attack with a separate bar

Get rid of the health regeneration penalty lore wise ourt health re generation should be higher to replicate quick regeneration.

Get rid of the penalty to ability use and instead increase the power of our abilities as we feed it should be enough to off set the nasty fire penalty (to make this far vampire should remove the dark elf fire immunity buffs)

Stage one no feeding. 5% reduction of damage all abilities, health regeneration lowered
    Stage two one feeding lasts 4 hours no reduction to damage no lower health regeneration
    Stage 3 lasts 2 hours 3% increase to damage all abilities increased health regeneration
    Stage 4 last 30 minutes 5% increased to damage all abilities increased health regeneration.

we get stronger as we feed leading us to want to feed more and run the risk of discovery.

The numbers of course would have to be worked out but the point is in how feeding should work

and get rid of the ugly look vampires are scary because they are monsters that fit in.

Cloud should be a choice between normal movement with a teleport or fast movement( more then 30% around 50% not poison.

Add a teleport melee attack like the lowly blood fiends better yet make it look like mist form with damage and a short stun.

get rid of any ability that actually takes away our health to use that's just stupid. Modify it cost mana while active we are magic creatures after all.

most of all we should have an attack that returns health to us while fighting a passive or active doesnt matter. Again to simulate the rapid rengeration we are supposed to have.

Most of all turn off the skill line in pvp so the pvpers dont whine. Most of the nerfs come from trying to balance things for pvp so just dont. In pvp your whatever you are its a separate game anyway so it doesn't matter.

Just ideas from a person who as read or watched more vampire movies shows and books then i care to admit.(yes most end up being softcore *** but some like Byzantine are simply awesome)

[snip]

Plus it would make it more of an rp function instead of a mini class like was intended.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:46PM
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fangs idea. Period. It's a no brainer that it should be there.

I'll echo the above mention about Eviscerate using a staff. It just looks silly. I've said before and I'll say again that Eviscerate and its morphs should be animated as an open handed clawing motion (similar to a WW light attack) with weapon(s) left sheathed. This would reflect the icon for the ability and would simply look so much better than beating down an enemy with your staff one-handed like an awkward cudgel.

Finally, I'd love to see both morphs of the Scion have glowing eyes. Maybe a different colour for each morph. Those beady eyes the scion has just look...wrong.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feljax wrote: »

I'll echo the above mention about Eviscerate using a staff. It just looks silly. I've said before and I'll say again that Eviscerate and its morphs should be animated as an open handed clawing motion (similar to a WW light attack) with weapon(s) left sheathed. This would reflect the icon for the ability and would simply look so much better than beating down an enemy with your staff one-handed like an awkward cudgel.

Finally, I'd love to see both morphs of the Scion have glowing eyes. Maybe a different colour for each morph. Those beady eyes the scion has just look...wrong.

The problem with the animation is, that in lag, with that suggestion , it would bug very often.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My normal abilities come with a heavy cost even at stage 1. At stage 4 i am magika starved pretty quickly with no health regeneration and my vamp abilities do not compete with my regular abilities. The hole skill line is fubarred.

I know it's not everybody's cup of tea but that whole problem goes away with a heavy attack build.
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »

[snip] Plus it would make it more of an rp function instead of a mini class like was intended.

[snip]

but had you made this comment first I would have agreed with you somewhat, i do want the vampire to be more of a class s and i think it would make the pc vamps more of what the npc vamps are, also i was handing out ideas i just want the vampire to play better and their be a good in game reason to play them. As it is right now they are purely RP not really playable.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:47PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I come to ESO vampires from a different perspective, never much caring for the concept in whatever form (although Twilight surely wins for most stupid), but playing through Greymoor and Markarth, I really liked the vampire characters and so decided to finally make one myself. I was rather frustrated and disappointed that it works so very different for the player character than for the NPCs! Of course, I can’t expect everything the same, but conceptually, it’s very clear that the stages are wrong — well-fed should have the stage 1 appearance and have the most power and control. Not feeding should eventually result in the stage 4 appearance and be weakened.

As for the ultimate, I reeeally don’t like turning into one of Lady Thorn’s creations or whatever! It might be interesting if the player had the option to this convert their powers, but I would rather an ult like the attacks of some of the major vampires (and what it sounded like Fennorian did during one battle) where you turn into mist for a moment and zip behind the enemy for a harder hitting attack. A bat swarm would also be cool. How about three totally different vampire ultimates to fit different conceptions themes that all fit within the ESO vampire lore? :smiley:
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin is fine, it just doesn't make much sense with the way it was flipped with Greymoor.

No blood = incredibly pale and monstrous eyes because you are starved and desperately need to eat
    Blood = skin is flush, just a little pale, and your eyes are relatively normal - unlife is good!

I quite like the monstrous look. I don't need my vampires too look like they're about to bedazzle themselves and live in a small town in the Pacific Northwest.

I'd like the blood splash you used to get when you bit someone at al altar BACK please.

Fangs I absolutely agree - they don't have to be massive, but they should be there.

You can hide your vampirism by donning a disguise, or by using a skin.

I like the scion just fine. No need for chicken wings on that thang.

I'm interested to see how Mist Step goes now :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fangs. None of the ESO vampires have visible fangs and that would just be ugly IMO. Maybe that could be something in one of the adornment categories for those who want it?
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is vampirism any good? I know this is a rather vague question but I joined the game in November of 2021 and have been consistently told that vampirism was nerfed to uselessness. No builds I look up have it as part of the shtick, etc.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] Plus it would make it more of an rp function instead of a mini class like was intended.

[snip]

but had you made this comment first I would have agreed with you somewhat, i do want the vampire to be more of a class s and i think it would make the pc vamps more of what the npc vamps are, also i was handing out ideas i just want the vampire to play better and their be a good in game reason to play them. As it is right now they are purely RP not really playable.

[snip]

This simply is not true. You can easily make a viable, pure vampire at the moment. With the exapnsion and change to mist form, it will be even better. I have played vamp since beta, And this is the closest to a viable, not OP , class they have gotten to.
    Is vampirism any good? I know this is a rather vague question but I joined the game in November of 2021 and have been consistently told that vampirism was nerfed to uselessness. No builds I look up have it as part of the shtick, etc.

In 2021 vampires were nerfed to oblivion. Since then we have been buffed to light viability, but mostly are used on stealth based builds. With the changes coming to mist form, you can now have a viable brawler, as well as a stealth based vampire, plus numerous other builds.

It is important to mention you need to build into vampirisim now, and with the changes of mist form we will have more skills like the vampire npcs. :3

Necron is the perfect time to start a pure vamp build.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:48PM
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fangs. None of the ESO vampires have visible fangs and that would just be ugly IMO. Maybe that could be something in one of the adornment categories for those who want it?

I am quite sure the vampires in the ESO videos had fangs, same with all vampires throughout TES games we have had so far. So Yes, fangs are lore friendly.
  • Arcturus
    Arcturus
    ✭✭✭

As for the OP, I would love better textures, but the design needs to stay as is, this isnt twilight.

The ultimate is very, very good if used properly, and actually built into, perfect scion could use a bit of love, but is SUPER useful for vampire healers. Making vampirism a mirror of werewolf would be boring, and unimaginative. I actually very much appreciate what they have done , and continue to do with vampires.

Thanks for your post.

Believe me, I don't want Twilight vampires in ESO either! :D
    I find dark veiny stuff rather attractive for a vampire, but only in moderation, right now even stage 2 feels way extra imo.
    And why do they make characters of dark skin tones instantly white? Pale and white are not the same thing.

About ult I'd say an actual VL would be much better than the current carbon copy of the necro goliath to be honest. They're the same thing. We're pressing ult to become a lab rat at the moment, and the skill line abilities are more tuned to a blood fiend than anything else, even npcs have fancier abilities.

Also as a side note more directed to the devs themselves, why are we always denied the option to be Pure-Bloods, and why are we bending a knee to Lamae when we literally beat Molag Bal in a 1v1. It doesn't make sense to me. :/
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I will plan on turning one of my characters vampy and give it a go!
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcturus wrote: »

Thanks for your post.

Believe me, I don't want Twilight vampires in ESO either! :D
    I find dark veiny stuff rather attractive for a vampire, but only in moderation, right now even stage 2 feels way extra imo.
    And why do they make characters of dark skin tones instantly white? Pale and white are not the same thing.

About ult I'd say an actual VL would be much better than the current carbon copy of the necro goliath to be honest. They're the same thing. We're pressing ult to become a lab rat at the moment, and the skill line abilities are more tuned to a blood fiend than anything else, even npcs have fancier abilities.

Also as a side note more directed to the devs themselves, why are we always denied the option to be Pure-Bloods, and why are we bending a knee to Lamae when we literally beat Molag Bal in a 1v1. It doesn't make sense to me. :/

Variety for the vampire skin tones is something that has bbeen discussed in length, totally agree, some night high res textures getting rid of stage fours pixelness would be nice too :D totally agree. What also would be neat, if possible, is different strains for lycanthrapy and vampirism. For example Harkon was a volkihar vampire, and we are kind of a alteration of the original molag bal vampires. Id love that. I dont think vampires are popular enough though forthem to do that, a girl can dream tho ^^

The ulti used to be extremely strong cuy stam / magicka also effected damage, which i dont think is the case anymore. So yeah, tweaks would be good.
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

This simply is not true. You can easily make a viable, pure vampire at the moment. With the exapnsion and change to mist form, it will be even better. I have played vamp since beta, And this is the closest to a viable, not OP , class they have gotten to.

In 2021 vampires were nerfed to oblivion. Since then we have been buffed to light viability, but mostly are used on stealth based builds. With the changes coming to mist form, you can now have a viable brawler, as well as a stealth based vampire, plus numerous other builds.

It is important to mention you need to build into vampirisim now, and with the changes of mist form we will have more skills like the vampire npcs. :3

Do you have any suggestions or places to look to build into it i have been trying with little success. My main is a sorcerer but i have vamps of every class except the priest.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:53PM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that threads like this still exist, it servers as a reminder to the devs that both new and old players are unhappy with vampirism and changing one skill won't cut it, but it's a good start, it would be nice if the new mist looked cooler though, like transforming into a swarm of bats.

I don't get to feel as a vampire much, so it's not just about the performance, I would like to have more reasons to feed & more often, without turning it into an OCD habit. Undeath is overpowered, that's all we have as vampires and I don't like it, as it gives people reasons to hate us and demand further nerfs. And Scion form has to be the biggest disappointment for me in my time as a gamer, I expected something badass & at least strong, but instead we got this... thing. I was hoping that we would get some customization options (akin to what werewolves have been asking with the berserker for years) and have the ability to change to a true VL by now, but yeah, that didn't happen. Ideally I would love to have more Vampire clans with different abilities, but that will probably never happen.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Perhaps it's not too late, in fact, Necrom feels like a good expansion to do something about Vampirism.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Do you have any suggestions or places to look to build into it i have been trying with little success. My main is a sorcerer but i have vamps of every class except the priest.

I think sorc is probably the most difficult because of the double cost increase on streak. The new mist form would be great however, as a replacement. Its one of the reasons I struggled with a vamp sorc.

As for places to look for builds, most are all stealth builds at the moment. Personally I dont really look at the sites for builds, so if someone has a good place for vamp builds, Id love to know too :D

What I try to do, is to use sets that synergise well with the skills and passives of the parts of the vampire I want to use. As a pure stage 4 vamp for example, I always use the vampire lord set.

Enchantments for fire protection is also a must. As is cost reduction enchants for certain classes. I would definitely look into those two with a sorc ( depending on your class and race obviously )

Glad to always try to help if I Can, I have been playing vamps in TES since oblivion, and have an unhealthy obsession with blood magic :

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:55PM
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    I'm glad that threads like this still exist, it servers as a reminder to the devs that both new and old players are unhappy with vampirism and changing one skill won't cut it, but it's a good start, it would be nice if the new mist looked cooler though, like transforming into a swarm of bats.

I don't get to feel as a vampire much, so it's not just about the performance, I would like to have more reasons to feed & more often, without turning it into an OCD habit. Undeath is overpowered, that's all we have as vampires and I don't like it, as it gives people reasons to hate us and demand further nerfs. And Scion form has to be the biggest disappointment for me in my time as a gamer, I expected something badass & at least strong, but instead we got this... thing. I was hoping that we would get some customization options (akin to what werewolves have been asking with the berserker for years) and have the ability to change to a true VL by now, but yeah, that didn't happen. Ideally I would love to have more Vampire clans with different abilities, but that will probably never happen.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Perhaps it's not too late, in fact, Necrom feels like a good expansion to do something about Vampirism.

Undeath is not op, it only gets useful at low health, and vampires now lost the trollyness of mist form. So our tankiness will be a bit lower. It should however be on stage 4, not 3. Its powerful, but not op, but should require more sacrifice than stage 3. We already had a vamp overhaul, and it was catastrophic, we dont need sweeping changes AGAIN.
    Edited by Jammy420 on February 3, 2023 6:21PM
  • Arcturus
    Arcturus
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Thanks for your comment, some good stuff there. My take on things:

Vampires right now are completely useless and self-defeating in meaningful PvE (they're only usable for cheesing delves, thief dailies and not much else) and are only "good enough" to be optional for stealthy nightblades and for people wanting extra undeath tankiness which you get by killing health recovery and sustain.

About PvE, it can be said that it has it's exceptions thanks to the presence of stage 1 and HA builds. A little extra fire damage isn't much of a problem >usually< and sustain won't matter with HA weaving. Though it can also be said that these builds are self-defeating themselves as you limit yourself to one bar and do less dps, though to this I usually say that 90-100k dps isn't bad at all so *shrug* I definetly don't think that way about HA builds, I use one myself for convenience a lot of the time.

Anyway, I started playing in 2017, and my character was a vampire every single day up until the changes. After that and the nerf waves even I got rid of it, it was that bad.

So IMO something that is optional in PvP and worthless in PvE is definetly not in a good spot, specially considering most people don't even do much PvP at all (heavily encourage people to try it out though!). Asides from that vampirism also tends to attract RP people, which may make people think there's vamps doing serious content without issues when in reality it's RP players, who tend to be rather noob-ish (no disrespect intended, of course) and don't care much about stats since they can just be on their merry way doing random overland stuff. This of course doesn't apply to every RP player, I'm only saying most which means not all, and I'm saying this from my experience, not others. Maybe my "most" is only the "few" of another player's experience.

I also think some level of build adaptation to vampirism should be present, so I definetly agree on that.

Agreed on Necrom. It would be a good time to try a vamp again, it really does seem like they're slowly starting to get some well-deserved love. There's also some minor vampire involvement in the story it seems.

When they reach a point where they're optional for every class for PvE and PvP alike, they'll be in a good spot.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:56PM
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Vampires right now are completely useless and self-defeating in meaningful PvE (they're only usable for cheesing delves, thief dailies and not much else) and are only "good enough" to be optional for stealthy nightblades and for people wanting extra undeath tankiness which you get by killing health recovery and sustain.

About PvE, it can be said that it has it's exceptions thanks to the presence of stage 1 and HA builds. A little extra fire damage isn't much of a problem >usually< and sustain won't matter with HA weaving. Though it can also be said that these builds are self-defeating themselves as you limit yourself to one bar and do less dps, though to this I usually say that 90-100k dps isn't bad at all so *shrug* I definetly don't think that way about HA builds, I use one myself for convenience a lot of the time.

Anyway, I started playing in 2017, and my character was a vampire every single day up until the changes. After that and the nerf waves even I got rid of it, it was that bad.

So IMO something that is optional in PvP and worthless in PvE is definetly not in a good spot, specially considering most people don't even do much PvP at all (heavily encourage people to try it out though!). Asides from that vampirism also tends to attract RP people, which may make people think there's vamps doing serious content without issues when in reality it's RP players, who tend to be rather noob-ish (no disrespect intended, of course) and don't care much about stats since they can just be on their merry way doing random overland stuff. This of course doesn't apply to every RP player, I'm only saying most which means not all, and I'm saying this from my experience, not others. Maybe my "most" is only the "few" of another player's experience.

I also think some level of build adaptation to vampirism should be present, so I definetly agree on that.

Agreed on Necrom. It would be a good time to try a vamp again, it really does seem like they're slowly starting to get some well-deserved love. There's also some minor vampire involvement in the story it seems.

When they reach a point where they're optional for every class for PvE and PvP alike, they'll be in a good spot.

I do agree that the no healing debuff should 905840358430 percent be deactivated in pve. It really is a detriment to getting people to play them in big raids and what not.

I actually had the EXACT same experience with the revamp. I was playing stam sorc vamp. And I dont need to tell you how that didnt work afterwards.

I am really pleasantly surprised, like you, with the slow, logical changes.Now we need a looking at drain, because by dibella, please, just yeet that skill into oblivion.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 3, 2023 6:51PM
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭

The problem with the animation is, that in lag, with that suggestion , it would bug very often.

Bug? You mean visually? I suppose it would but no more than animation cancelling is bugging the visuals anyway. Maybe a better and easier solution than having the weapons remain sheathed would simply be to have them disappear during the clawing motion and then reappear when you do a different attack.
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

I do agree that the no healing debuff should 905840358430 percent be deactivated in pve. It really is a detriment to getting people to play them in big raids and what not.

I actually had the EXACT same experience with the revamp. I was playing stam sorc vamp. And I dont need to tell you how that didnt work afterwards.

I am really pleasantly surprised, like you, with the slow, logical changes.Now we need a looking at drain, because by dibella, please, just yeet that skill into oblivion.

[edited to remove quote]

were can i read about these changes I havent seen them
  • Arcturus
    Arcturus
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

[edited to remove quote]

Yeet! XD
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

[edited to remove quote]

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626521/pts-patch-notes-v8-3-0#latest
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bug? You mean visually? I suppose it would but no more than animation cancelling is bugging the visuals anyway. Maybe a better and easier solution than having the weapons remain sheathed would simply be to have them disappear during the clawing motion and then reappear when you do a different attack.

That would work, I just worry wed have somethng along the lines of the block issue if they made you always put it away : p

[snip]

[snip]

[edited to remove quote]

Check the PTS, they have it under combat changes. ^^

[snip]

[snip]

[edited to remove quote]

Yeet! XD

Like, I tried, really hard to get it to work. But the skill is just too clunky. It looks neat, but thats about it.
  • Arcturus
    Arcturus
    ✭✭✭

That would work, I just worry wed have somethng along the lines of the block issue if they made you always put it away : p

[snip]

[snip]

[edited to remove quote]

Check the PTS, they have it under combat changes. ^^

[snip]

[snip]

[edited to remove quote]

Yeet! XD

Like, I tried, really hard to get it to work. But the skill is just too clunky. It looks neat, but thats about it.

I prefered the old bloody version. Atm it looks like fluorescent soda juice.