The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Give us cloacks please!!

• Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love cloaks! Never understood the general anti-cloak attitude from the ESO player base I see on the forums. Clipping could certainly be a problem, but clipping was never *not* a problem for anything else in this game (or any game for that matter).

Minor clipping is something we could easily ignore, the same way we ignore the current minor clipping that exists in-game for many armour/clothes/weapons/hairstyles.

Physics is the last thing I hear about: no, ESO does not have a good enough engine to support realistic cloak physics. But just because it would use pre-made animations for cloak movements doesn't mean it would look like plastic (an assumption I hear a lot of players make). Loincloths used in most armours use pre-scripted animations, hell, even players do and we don't look like plastic mannequins.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I'd love cloaks! Never understood the general anti-cloak attitude from the ESO player base I see on the forums. Clipping could certainly be a problem, but clipping was never *not* a problem for anything else in this game (or any game for that matter).

Minor clipping is something we could easily ignore, the same way we ignore the current minor clipping that exists in-game for many armour/clothes/weapons/hairstyles.

I’d be fine with some clipping while moving, although no clipping would be ideal (but probably impossible for this game) as long as clipping wasn’t a thing while standing idle or sitting.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    If you have a character with long hair you will see why capes are a very bad idea.

Really? I find having the long hair to be an example of why it could work. They aren't physics-based as people fear would happen and are instead animations. When I'm standing still and my hair is "waving in the wind" it feels a lot more vital than the static short hair. Same goes for the longer waistcloths on armor. Walking, turning, jumping, etc all bend the cloth directionally as a preset animation and, for this game, it works alright. I'd love to see what more they can expand apon with it.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have a cape in game, and this is what it looks like. Enjoy~
    https://youtu.be/G6kcKGDyspo
    love is love