Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give us cloacks please!!

Niliga
Niliga
✭✭
Hello,

One of the things i love the most are cloacks. They look amazing on fantasy characters.

Make them hideable ofc, but give us cloacks!!! I feel naked without them. I want to hide that ass!.

What do you think?
Edited by Niliga on February 2, 2023 4:48PM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fun fact! When the game was first revealed, the original screenshots featured capes.

It also featured cartoony character models that were hated so much they completely overhauled them.

Elder-Scrolls-Online-9-1.jpg
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capes were in the beta (or maybe alpha, i can't remember now) but were removed. My very old decrepit memory says they had problems implementing them which is why they were taken out
    Soupy twist
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much clipping - I've never played a game where they didn't clip with everything a character was wearing including all the armor and weapons and even hair.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Thormar
    Thormar
    ✭✭✭✭
    These will be coming. Right after:
    Spellcrafting,
    An Action House,
    Dwemer reveal,
    U35 revert and de-AWA,
    stay tuned...
    What if I go north? Disappear.
    Would you come after me?
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gzzavpfpbn5f.png

Just kidding 😂 couldn't help myself.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on February 2, 2023 5:13PM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Fun fact! When the game was first revealed, the original screenshots featured capes.

It also featured cartoony character models that were hated so much they completely overhauled them.

If you look at any developer gameplay, like the recent arcanist stuff for an example, it is "fake" gameplay, pre made faux scripted or pre rendered gameplay.
    False advertising
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a character with long hair you will see why capes are a very bad idea.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    If you have a character with long hair you will see why capes are a very bad idea.

or the robes we have glued to our legs
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no,

The physics rendering on them would probably tank performance with a ton of people wearing them.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭

The game already automatically changes your hair when you equip certain hats so something similar could be done with capes. Example: my lil Breton girl has her hair up but when I put a hat on her, her hair is automatically changed to flow down.

I realize it's unlikely we're getting cloak/capes but I sure would be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED if we did!
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The game already automatically changes your hair when you equip certain hats so something similar could be done with capes. Example: my lil Breton girl has her hair up but when I put a hat on her, her hair is automatically changed to flow down.

I realize it's unlikely we're getting cloak/capes but I sure would be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED if we did!

go see how long hair moves as your character moves
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I play the game. I am aware....but thanks. It's not perfect, just like matching outfit pieces together isn't perfect, etc. Doesn't change anything for me on the subject.
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn's armour from Elsweyr (which we still don't have for some reason) as well as the prophet's shoulders are a great example of how short capes/mantles could be done well while adhering to the game's lack of cloth physics. There are a few like the ra gada light shoulders that are worn almost like a poncho, but nothing that only covers the back of the torso
    Edited by SirGabenOfSteamia on February 2, 2023 6:53PM
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this, like hair physics, won't be implemented any time soon
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That wasn't my point. My point is long hair looks static and mostly reminds me of the snap-on plastic hair DEVO sometimes wore. A cape would look like half a traffic cone with part of a bow (or staff) sticking out.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Niliga
    Niliga
    ✭✭
    Oh.. didnt know that it was in beta
    Well.. i think that the long hair already messes with back armor. And with capes i would tolerate a little bit that. Lest ser what happens in the future
    :'(
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have said, like flying mounts, won't happen. The game engine can't handle them properly and if you think armor clipping is bad now.

If you want to know what capes would look like look at the Breton Hero armor.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Darkstorne wrote: »

If you look at any developer gameplay, like the recent arcanist stuff for an example, it is "fake" gameplay, pre made faux scripted or pre rendered gameplay.
    False advertising

It's not false advertising, before any of that comes up and shortly at the start in the print it will say not actual gameplay experience may vary. So yeah straight up not false advertising.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Capes will be another op special equipt. Something similar to mythic that doesn't use the usual spots. They are probably waiting on adding that. They'll probably spin up some location where families are defined by their cloaks and cloak weaving is a skill...
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I attach a documentary of how I intend to furnish my potentate's retreat when the engine can handle flowing textiles:

https://youtu.be/JAFIWlEUXoQ
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Too much clipping - I've never played a game where they didn't clip with everything a character was wearing including all the armor and weapons and even hair.
    This hair, weapon and shield on back and obviously tails.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer not to have them personally but if optional I guess ok but I just don't feel they look right.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    No cloaks but I wouldn't mind a cat clock. 0epm1ldr3bb0.jpg
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have my aunt's cat clock on a wall upstairs. I never quite understood why she had one, since what she loved was small house-birds (like parakeets and finches - Divines spare me from birds in houses), but since I'm a cat person at heart I'm happy to have it.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloaks, or cloacas? :no_mouth:
  • MajorProblem
    They could probably make it client-side only, and then sell the item slot in the crown store.

Just like gathering animations. Noone but the player who paid $$$ can see them.
    win/win
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Cloaks, or cloacas? :no_mouth:

If its the latter: Play an Argonian, problem solved.
    They could probably make it client-side only, and then sell the item slot in the crown store.
    Just like gathering animations. Noone but the player who paid $$$ can see them.

Won't satisfy people who use these because they want to show off... (Not saying everyone does that, of course! But I already met players whose biggest concern seemed to be that their - usually very flashy and sparkly - outfit/mount/skin would catch the attention of other players).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • DarknDarker
    DarknDarker
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly, it would add the ability to make new looks that we can't do right now, but, unless they have physics, they'lll look like they're made of cardboard or like they're glued to your back, which would suck. And physics of that nature tend to be resource-heavy, unfortunately
  • Rasoma
    Rasoma
    ✭✭✭
    They do look great in LOTRO but they really worked hard on making them work right from the start. They would need to add another slot for capes and also the ability to toggle them being visible as I for one would not want mine to show.
    @Rasoma - member since January 8th 2014
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a "cloack"? ...sorry, couldn't resist. Suprised nobody else has commented on the misspelling.

But please, no cloaks. We don't need capes or cloaks. Please watch the video of Edna in "The Incredibles".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSfG3slODnM