The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Mist Form is kind of boring. I'm sorry.

Red_Feather
Red_Feather
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It feels like a missed opportunity when changing a skill like that. Mist Form feels too much like an existing skill now.

Making some changes could allow Mist Form to be really engaging in a unique way.

Some behaviours that could make Mist Form unique.
  • When you use it, it uses health upfront to cast instead of magicka.
  • When you use it, it also leaves behind a shadow that takes a percentage of your health. This is on top of the upfront health cost however...
  • After 3 seconds the shadow warps to you and gives you that health back. If the shadow is attacked, killed or can't reach the vampire player that health is forfeit.
  • With each use of Mist Form a debuff stacks on the player vampire, and the manifested shadow takes a larger percentage of health for each stack every time Mist Form is cast. This can work as a detriment, but also act as a dangerous way to store backup health.

It might be hard to visualize. I tried my best.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With those changes Mist Form could be made to travel a little faster and travel farther. Because it is not a 100% safe disengage skill anymore. It has serious consequences as a disengage skill when it is spammed.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is very appealing tbh... With PTS version we finally get some much needed life stealing, and a bit more speed and evasion without the heavy mitigation on top.

Your version is incredibly punishing, and having additional health siphons on a class with 2 of them already is a bit overkill.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I don't think this is very appealing tbh... With PTS version we finally get some much needed life stealing, and a bit more speed and evasion without the heavy mitigation on top.

Your version is incredibly punishing, and having additional health siphons on a class with 2 of them already is a bit overkill.

I see your point. But you are comparing a morph to what I suggested. It's not replacing morphs. It can have morphs built off of it. The current health siphon morph is also so strong it might not last. Please keep your mind open. I just want something unique and this Mist Form is not. It's currently very powerful but mechanically boring.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I see your point. But you are comparing a morph to what I suggested. It's not replacing morphs. It can have morphs built off of it. The current health siphon morph is also so strong it might not last. Please keep your mind open. I just want something unique and this Mist Form is not. It's currently very powerful but mechanically boring.

The original Mistform was mechanically boring to. In Skyrim you turned it on and then sat there doing nothing but moving around while invincable for a few seconds. This version is far more active than it and the original ESO version.

And please propose your morph ideas because your idea sounds like a morphed version of how it works now. Much like how Blood for Blood is a health cost morph of Eviscerate, and the health returns is basically how Sated Fury works.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 31, 2023 11:44PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This change gave players the ability to teleport without having to be an Arcanist by way of being a Vampire, it is also not working as intended.