The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are the sorc buffs ?

PhoenixGrey
PhoenixGrey
✭✭✭✭✭
Other classes got mobility buff from mist form and sorc got cheese gameplay with wards scaling with health

Buffs and nerfs for next PTS iteration
1. Remove wards scaling on health. Cap health instead when wards are slotted. Start scaling down ward size after 25k health maybe
2. Major protection on hardened ward
2. Minor protection and increase ward size by 20% on healing ward and harness magicka.
4. Remove stacking cost on streak and BOL (Needs a buff now since all classes have streak). BOL should absorb all projectiles for 3 seconds
5. Make rune cage instant cc and remove damage
6. Increase damage of mines and curse by 20%
Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 31, 2023 8:24PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with all of these except the suggestion to cap health when wards are slotted. There is no reason to saddle sorc with another penalty that no other class has to deal with.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I feel like no nerf *is* a buff... :-(
    PS5/NA
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The most overpowered class in the game just got Major Breserk added to a class skill, and last patch the other most overpowered class got a unique 10% damage buff to a class skill. No nerf isn't a buff. ZOS can clearly buff classes they just only seem to care about doing it for their DK and NB pet classes.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with all of these except the suggestion to cap health when wards are slotted. There is no reason to saddle sorc with another penalty that no other class has to deal with.

This will give value to skilled gameplay

Previously sorcs used to have 30k+ wards non crittable on 20k health pool and class was stronger back then

• birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Other classes got mobility buff from mist form and sorc got cheese gameplay with wards scaling with health

1. Remove wards scaling on health. Cap health instead when wards are slotted.
    2. Minor protection and increase ward size by 20% on healing ward and harness magicka.
    4. Remove stacking cost on streak and BOL (Needs a buff now since all classes have streak). BOL should absorb all projectiles for 3 seconds

Maybe press x to win button?
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is quite the wishlist. I want my Sorc to be viable, but this is a bit beyond viability
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »

Maybe press x to win button?

You can do that with nb today.

Wait 5 seconds and press x
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForumBully wrote: »

That is quite the wishlist. I want my Sorc to be viable, but this is a bit beyond viability

No it’s not. Health cap can be limited.

You have to choose between high health and wards
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can make wards stronger if you can sacrifice health

We are not NB’s after all, so have to make a sacrifice. We don’t play a god mode class
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 31, 2023 8:33PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The most overpowered class in the game just got Major Breserk added to a class skill, and last patch the other most overpowered class got a unique 10% damage buff to a class skill. No nerf isn't a buff. ZOS can clearly buff classes they just only seem to care about doing it for their DK and NB pet classes.

Most combat designers play NB

It’s natural that nb gets mostly buffs
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 31, 2023 8:37PM
  • igormaxbr03
    igormaxbr03
    ✭✭✭
    Do you realy believe they gonna buff someting beside dk ,warden and nb ,sorc ,templar and necro got get left on the dust best we can do is move on to another game
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We are not NB’s after all, so have to make a sacrifice. We don’t play a god mode class

Doesn't mean we shouldn't start off by asking for equal treatment. We shouldn't pre-nerf our suggestions just because ZOS won't play fair.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17% buff on one single ward is simply not good enough. We drastically need other areas looked at, especially sustain, wards are so damn expensive. If they are hell-bent on not directly buffs ward skills at least buff bastion CP to 40% and keep the damage done to wards by 15%. And please just reduce the cost of them to be in line with other forms of defence like Vigor. Light armour ward, with breton and 5 light is 3.6k. That's RIDICULOUS. Resolving Vigor without any reductions and at level 1 costs 2775....... Hardened ward is 3.4k with breton and 5 light. Even if we slotted the CP node that reduces the cost. It would STILL cost more than Vigor. Absolutely shocking lol
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    17% buff on one single ward is simply not good enough. We drastically need other areas looked at, especially sustain, wards are so damn expensive. If they are hell-bent on not directly buffs ward skills at least buff bastion CP to 40% and keep the damage done to wards by 15%. And please just reduce the cost of them to be in line with other forms of defence like Vigor. Light armour ward, with breton and 5 light is 3.6k. That's RIDICULOUS. Resolving Vigor without any reductions and at level 1 costs 2775....... Hardened ward is 3.4k with breton and 5 light. Even if we slotted the CP node that reduces the cost. It would STILL cost more than Vigor. Absolutely shocking lol

Yes i agree. If they dont reduce cost , then compensate with major buffs like major protection to make it worthwhile
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »

Yes i agree. If they dont reduce cost , then compensate with major buffs like major protection to make it worthwhile

I'll take anything if it means more buffs
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't mean we shouldn't start off by asking for equal treatment. We shouldn't pre-nerf our suggestions just because ZOS won't play fair.

The ship has sailed for what you ask. Did you notice that there is not a single nightblade change in the patch notes ? Indirectly nb was buffed due to wrecking blow change. I have said in my previous threads that if there was ever a nb change it will only be a buff.

Why? ZOS has dropped several hints over last few years

The core combat changes like hybridization, light / heavy attack changes are all for one class only. The whole cp system benefits one class the most. Am I over exaggerating ? Nope, make a list of core combat changes over last few years and check how it buffs each class. There is a clear winner. You really believe they can revert core changes ?

The gap between nb and other classes is an astounding margin.
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc buffs? :D:D:D

That was funny
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Remove wards scaling on health. Cap health instead when wards are slotted. Start scaling down ward size after 25k health maybe

I don't think anybody would ever approve of this lol. The list looks kind of ridiculous...
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

I don't think anybody would ever approve of this lol. The list looks kind of ridiculous...

So having a 13k ward on 40k health abusing oblivion damage isn’t ridiculous ?

Giving streak like skill to everyone isn’t ridiculous ?

My list of changes is definitely more balanced than the above mate

Also most of these changes I suggested already existed in the game at some point. Wasn’t ridiculous at that point was it?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naw, static wave is right.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also most of these changes I suggested already existed in the game at some point. Wasn’t ridiculous at that point was it?

1) I didn't quite understand this suggestion. Are you also asking for the removal of ward size cap based on max health? If so then I'm not really fond of fighting against builds with 30k shields and 20k HP. I've gone through that and it was not fun.

2) & 3) I am also against this because again, it's not fun fighting 30k+ shields that also have dmg mitigation.

4) This is definitely a BIG no. I don't want to fight a sorc that can streak 5x in a row, and then 5x some more and still sit at 50% magicka. Nobody wants to fight that lol. I also don't want to fight old BoL either. It was pretty broken against ranged players.

5) You have Streak

6) Hard no. Curse's tooltip is equivalent to Dizzying Swing, but more reliable. I am already hitting 8k crit dizzies against normal builds while only having ~64% crit dmg. I know people who can hit 10-11k curses. You're asking for Curse to deal upwards of 14-15k dmg. That's insane.

Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in favor of sorc buffs but these suggestions are just flat out pre One-Tamriel sorc buffs lol. You're literally asking for a sorc that can Streak forever, has Curse damage equivalent to pre nerfed dizzying swing (which had one of the highest tooltip in the game for a spammable), old nigh uncounterable Rune Cage + Meteor combo, and 30k+ shields. I don't think people want to fight that again.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) I didn't quite understand this suggestion. Are you also asking for the removal of ward size cap based on max health? If so then I'm not really fond of fighting against builds with 30k shields and 20k HP. I've gone through that and it was not fun.

2) & 3) I am also against this because again, it's not fun fighting 30k+ shields that also have dmg mitigation.

4) This is definitely a BIG no. I don't want to fight a sorc that can streak 5x in a row, and then 5x some more and still sit at 50% magicka. Nobody wants to fight that lol. I also don't want to fight old BoL either. It was pretty broken against ranged players.

5) You have Streak

6) Hard no. Curse's tooltip is equivalent to Dizzying Swing, but more reliable. I am already hitting 8k crit dizzies against normal builds while only having ~64% crit dmg. I know people who can hit 10-11k curses. You're asking for Curse to deal upwards of 14-15k dmg. That's insane.

I am asking that we remove ward scaling with health. Instead ward size exponentially decreases if you stack health. This will discourage sorc from running high health but you might get a 30k ward running 20k health. If you forget to ward, you die on mag sorc. Simple as that

If you don’t have a problem with 40k hp stam sorc with 12k wards doing cheese oblivion damage then you shouldn’t have a problem killing 20k hp mag sorcs with 30k wards with no cheese

If you don’t have a problem killing dks with major berserk and streak, then you wouldn’t have a problem killing sorcs with old BOL

If you don’t have a problem killing NB’s doing 15k incaps and 30k spectral bows, then a 14k curse shouldn’t matter.

Inspite of these buffs I suggest there is still nothing which another class cannot do better.

Now obviously players are terrified what mag sorc mains would do to them on a playable class so I guess we won’t be getting buffs anytime soon :D
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 1, 2023 9:19AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, static wave is right.

You can come back and rage here when he wrecks you on an oblivion damage build stacking 40k hp and 12k ward on his stam sorc.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in favor of sorc buffs but these suggestions are just flat out pre One-Tamriel sorc buffs lol. You're literally asking for a sorc that can Streak forever, has Curse damage equivalent to pre nerfed dizzying swing (which had one of the highest tooltip in the game for a spammable), old nigh uncounterable Rune Cage + Meteor combo, and 30k+ shields. I don't think people want to fight that again.

I rather play my one Tamriel sorc or even my morrowind sorc in this meta instead of logging in with 40k hp and wearing sloads 2.0. It’s broken when you have a high health pool and still can apply wards and deal damage as well.

Game was infinitesimally better back then compared to the *** show we have right now.

Except the mist form change the whole patch seems to suck
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 1, 2023 9:14AM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5) You have Streak

If you don’t have a problem with 40k hp stam sorc with 12k wards doing cheese oblivion damage then you shouldn’t have a problem killing 20k hp mag sorcs with 30k wards with no cheese

If you don’t have a problem killing dks with major berserk and streak, then you wouldn’t have a problem killing sorcs with old BOL

If you don’t have a problem killing NB’s doing 15k incaps and 30k spectral bows, then a 14k curse shouldn’t matter.

Inspite of these buffs I suggest there is still nothing which another class cannot do better.

Now obviously players are terrified what mag sorc mains would do to them on a playable class so I guess we won’t be getting buffs anytime soon :D

I can't recall the last time I died to an oblivion damage build though. If you choose to play a full shield zero heal build and die to oblivion damage when the game has given you options like Vigor to solve that issue that's on you. It's not like my 30k HP no shield build isn't affected by oblivion dmg either.

I've fought 20k magsorcs with 30k wards hitting me for 9k crit frags. It was not fun. You're basically saying you want to build max damage while having an effective HP of 50k. You might as well say you want to be given emp stats lol.

No DK is going to slot both Chains and new Mist Form. They are going to give up something in their kit.

I understand you're comparing NB and Sorc because they are similar in many ways, but that's not a fair comparison. NB's damage is front-loaded into 1 ability. You dodge it, you're safe, but if you don't then you get one shotted. Sorc's damage is back-loaded into multiple abilities. You dodge 1, you're still taking damage from another, but it's more set up compared to NB. Both classes have similar burst potential but delivered in different ways with their own drawbacks. What you've just suggested is basically asking for Sorc to have both back-loaded and front-loaded damage - aka zero drawbacks. That's not balanced in any way.

Edited by StaticWave on February 1, 2023 9:21AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When it comes to sorc, the buff they gave definitely wasn't enough to fix the class's issues, the buffs it needs are reliability of abilities, more synergistic buff/debuff access and a proper 1 bar burst heal.

rework dark exchange/morphs to be a standard instant cast scaling burst heal first and a sustain ability second, or if they're worried about shield stacking with powerful heals, make 1 morph of the shields into a proper burst heal, that way its a choice of either a big shield or a big heal but not both.

give more buff/debuff access, especially crit chance (major prophecy/savagery) and crit damage modifiers as well as breach.

more reliable damage, make frags and overload travel faster (or make the frags proc not able to be dodged).

These 3 things above are what's needed. They'll bring the class to near the top, but definitely not to the OP status some like to claim it as, especially if mist form stays as it is with its multi-projectile dodge.

Something nice to have, but not needed if we get my above suggestions, would be to rework defensive rune, turn it into a defensive HoT that stuns 1 enemy that attacks you (stun could be on a 5 second cooldown per target and only affect 1 target per cast to prevent perma locking anyone attacking you or just locking down groups on its own and the heal over time lasts 10 seconds).
  • Lucifer9th
    Lucifer9th
    ✭✭
    buff for iteration of pts

1/Curse need to be on level of other delayed ability as blastbones and deep fissure, i think the raw damage need to be 3600 and have access to a major debuff like these abilities, the major debuff can be major vulnerability for 4 sec as status lightening proc minor vulnerability (no reason of the ability to be weaker of other because it's sorc, just check these abilities and compare with curse)
    Curse can have the full damage only at the first impact and the half/third on the second impact

2/a little stun on proc frag can help magsorc to push burst when it hit because all abilities (curse exclude) are dodgeable
    and we can see the magsorc burst from moon

3/rework on bound aegis, it can be a heal over time, more versatile for magic gameplay

4/reduce shield cost, cost too many for the effect, we run out of magic too quickly if we build in offensive way
    a scale on damage/max mag can be helpful too
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes do not need to be drastic, buff other wards a bit, and lower the cost, and I'll be happier. There's a cap on wards for the specific reason Zos understands that stacking them can be annoying. I understand the sentiment. However, it make it easier for us to reach the cap.
    If Zos doesn't want wards to scale from weapon and spell damage aswell as magicka just like healing then change the way scale from max magicka, make it better so we have a way better chance of hitting the cap and lower the cost of wards. A 17% buff to one ward is simply not good enough in today's climate.
    If they lowered the cost of wards significantly we could run more weapon and spell damage to buff our damage that we complain about. It would be way more in line with other classes 7k weapon damage and 30k resistances with 35k health.
    Let me just remind you that 7k weapon damage is equivalent to 71k max magicka roughly and you have your max stats on top which will probably be 25k so in max stats equivalent you will have 96k max stats. Sorcerers can't even reach 71k magicka never mind 96k with 30k resistance and 35k health. I did some testing. With BTB and alfiq, swam mothers and domi, max mag cp, mage mundus, Ghastly, breton ect. We can get 56k magicka, and 3.6k spell damage buffed. That's equivalent to 93k roughly magicka in terms of raw power. So 3k less, we only had 18k resistance and 19k hp, completely pointless as wards are capped lol and scaling from max magicka is terrible. So not only do we have less physical power, we have capped physical power. Whilst other classes run free uncapped.
    Plus wards are insanely expensive and so is Streak, however streak should be so as long as we get buffs in other areas

Edited by AdamLAD on February 1, 2023 9:59AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even a bigger shield while nice, doesn't matter too much.

At some point, I'll lose health. The problem is, sorc healing is trash so getting back to full health is problematic. So I can still use a shield, but my health will still be whittled away quicker than I can regain it.

Plus if you stack health instead of mag for your shield, your heals are even worse.

Just give sorc a one slot, reliable heal for the love of god.

Next patch I might have a slightly bigger shield. I'm still going to have to crutch on Mara's Balm to stay have decent healing though.