Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mend Wounds change?

selig_fay
selig_fay
✭✭✭
If light attacks now have a hard cap, does this affect Mend Wounds and will it get a buff?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey look! Someone mentioning Mend Wounds! I'll be honest, though, they've probably forgotten about that skill since they gutted it in Elsweyr.
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. So sad(
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is, and I would have loved to use it in Sunspire, but again that's when the nerf came. Doubt it's in scope for this patch, but maybe during the big chapter release they can give it some buffs to make it worth using again.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill unfortunately has been useless in years. There is so much you can do... the HoT on light attack was great, then it got removed. The channeled beam on heavy attack is nice as well, but I wish it would pulsate some kind of AoE healing around the target you channel the heal on. This way the skill could cover different areas, yet it's mostly useless.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    It is, and I would have loved to use it in Sunspire, but again that's when the nerf came. Doubt it's in scope for this patch, but maybe during the big chapter release they can give it some buffs to make it worth using again.

I expect that if they don't rework it, they will at least do sets or something like that. We also have sets that work on light attacks or enhance heavy ones. Perhaps something similar. Just ok, this thing is weak. The problem is that I have literally 0 ways to amplify it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any "increase healing done" or the targets "increased healing received" still buffs the heal from this

as far as im aware this skill is a skill, and does not scale off light/heavy attacks as it still has its own healing tooltips even though it changes your light and heavy attacks while toggled
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50% buff to next to nothing doesn't amount to much, though. The new light attack heal is about as powerful as a single tick of the old light attack heal over time, so whereas before we spent some magicka to get 10 ticks of healing, now to get the same healing you have to perfectly light attack weave for 10s and all this to match a single target being healed. I remember trying it to tomb heal in sunspire, but the light attacks to often block your skill cast, meaning you're giving up an actual heal to do a free heal that isn't even worth being free.

I just miss the old mend wounds...
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    any "increase healing done" or the targets "increased healing received" still buffs the heal from this

as far as im aware this skill is a skill, and does not scale off light/heavy attacks as it still has its own healing tooltips even though it changes your light and heavy attacks while toggled

It has dependence on statistics now. At least the numbers are changing. But the Restoration Staff will still be better at everything because its heavy attack heals more aoe, triggers a glyph, applies a healing assist buff, regenerates a huge amount of mana, and doesn't take up a skill slot + grants skills. Need a very big reason to use mend wounds.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sad about this skill. It still has potential to become something one day for healers.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!