The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are sneak attacks bugged?

LorenzoDaMan
LorenzoDaMan
Soul Shriven
I played a nightblade and templar through 2 beta weekends, and as long as I got off an attack from behind or the side while sneaking, it would apply a short stun and do bonus damage. Playing my nightblade yesterday, I tried multiple times, but not once did I get bonus damage nor did it stun. It looked like I got bonus damage when using teleport strike from stealth, but I can't say for sure, will test more after work today.

I do hope this is a bug, and not working as intended? Cause that would render a couple of nightblade abilities pointless/useless. It would also seriously hamper melee stealth gameplay.
  • LorenzoDaMan
    LorenzoDaMan
    Soul Shriven
    Have done some more testing now, looks like I do get bonus damage on teleport strike, but nothing from opening with normal light/heavy attacks or when opening with dual wield skills. No stun, no bonus damage.

Is there nobody else who has this problem?
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by zhevon on April 1, 2014 1:23PM
  • Demeos
    Demeos
    ✭✭✭
    You realize you just linked right back to this topic. And yes, I've noticed the lack of awesomeness of stealth attacks as well in this current build of the game.
    Edited by Demeos on March 31, 2014 8:04PM
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Demeos wrote: »
    You realize you just linked right back to this topic. And yes, I've noticed the lack of awesomeness of stealth attacks as well in this current build of the game.

Sorry I'm an idiot - link fixed in post; thanks for pointing it out.