The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pearls of Ehlnofey

luchtt
luchtt
✭✭✭
Reducing the skill requirement is a pretty good idea, however I think that this mythic was not exactly deserving of a nerf.

I propose turning it into:
50%=3
30%=5

This way it does not remove the skill component, where keeping your mag low is essential, but it also does not punish the less skilled or new users of this mythic too hard.

This PTS has been full of pretty good changes, I'm pretty happy, this one is the only one I really disagree with and even then, only partially.

I was also thinking of a linear ramping system where below:
50%=3
40%=4
30%= 5
20%=6
10%=7
however I feel this might be too overpowered to be honest haha.

Either way, the overall nerf is a bit unneccesary but it can be rolled back without taking away the accessibility component you guys have added in.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE a ramping scale, rewarding skilled gameplay is always a plus in my eyes.

Plus, with some sets such as nazaray and pillager, it's been a lot of fun tinkering with ulti gen builds, and I'd be sad to see pearls get a nerf when I've been playing with it so much.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    luchtt wrote: »
    Reducing the skill requirement is a pretty good idea, however I think that this mythic was not exactly deserving of a nerf.

50%=3
    30%=5

This would be a really nice balance.

Staying under 30% while having enough mag in high damage moments isn't going to be easy or possible for everyone, but it's an engaging mechanic to plan around for those who like to push ourselves. 50% mag is a much easier requirement which still requires awareness and management of mag level, so I fully support there being ult gain at that point, but there should still be something for those who prefer to engage in higher skilled (and more risky) gameplay.

Lessening the benefit of higher skilled play is good. Removing any reason to play with that skill level is not so good.
  • Pet
    Pet
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually a really good idea. I hope they see this and seriously consider adding it.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would end up paired with Bahsei if it ramped like this I bet
    Soupy twist
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »
    luchtt wrote: »

50%=3
    30%=5

This would be a really nice balance.

Staying under 30% while having enough mag in high damage moments isn't going to be easy or possible for everyone, but it's an engaging mechanic to plan around for those who like to push ourselves. 50% mag is a much easier requirement which still requires awareness and management of mag level, so I fully support there being ult gain at that point, but there should still be something for those who prefer to engage in higher skilled (and more risky) gameplay.

Lessening the benefit of higher skilled play is good. Removing any reason to play with that skill level is not so good.

Exactly, plus they've set the precedent for this sort of scaling already, with sets such as Bahsei and riptide
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 0.1 ult per 2% is enough. Pearls was already a bit overtuned so we have to be realistic and accept the nerf. at these numbers you're at 3.5 at 30% and 4.5 at 10%, I think these numbers are fine. This way the player taking higher risk always get higher rewards and that's what this current change is really missing.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    I would keep it at 50% of dominant resource but the ramping ult gen is such a cool idea
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like the ramping aspect you're suggesting, the suggested numbers effectively amount to a buff of the item. All other things being equal, it would now grant you at least the same ultimate as the live version and most likely more, depending on how often you are at 30-50% resources.

I would therefore move the threshold for 5 ultimate a bit down to 20% or 25% to compensate. It would allow for the same raw power as before, but require a bit more skill to reach it, while making it more accessible for a lower benefit.