The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Season of the Dragon respawn wait times

DcellDave_1369
If this is the wrong forum, apologies. Don't you think, during the Season of the Dragon, they could ramp up the spawn time (decrease it) between appearances? Something closer to the Harrowstorm rotation in the Reach event would be nice?
These poor dragons are slaughtered within 30 seconds of touching down, which means if you aren't very near it when it lands, you aren't going to help take it out. As one dragons falls, another begins its descent is what I'm thinking. Not necessarily a "one dies, another lands" thing, but we need more Dragons! Just a thought...
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    The goal for a game designer, is to keep people in the game... With the wait times for dragons to spawn, then the amount of time it takes for people to kill it (now) is making many people LEAVE, not stay. Myself being one of them.

Events should be fun and something to look forward to, however, i find myself dreading them and preparing for stress and annoyance with the obscene amount of people doing the same thing.

During events at least, spawn times for things that are a quest objective should be revisited, or the difficulty of the dragons should be increased... or something.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm skipping this event. I don't even care about the tickets, I just hate the stress of going to different zones with two accounts.

I hate zone events that require you to kill delve or dungeon bosses because they're dead before you even have a chance to get a hit in and can't loot.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with that many people, even a full fledged trial boss with 120 mil hp would probably still die in seconds lol

i agree that the spawn rates probably need to be adjusted for events though, in a normal situation theres few enough people by the time you kill the dragon another is probably already up, or there might even be 2 dragons active
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    These wait times are quite long for an event. Spending more time waiting then actually killing the dragons!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is the wrong forum, apologies. Don't you think, during the Season of the Dragon, they could ramp up the spawn time (decrease it) between appearances? Something closer to the Harrowstorm rotation in the Reach event would be nice?
    These poor dragons are slaughtered within 30 seconds of touching down, which means if you aren't very near it when it lands, you aren't going to help take it out. As one dragons falls, another begins its descent is what I'm thinking. Not necessarily a "one dies, another lands" thing, but we need more Dragons! Just a thought...

They spawn as they are killed. The problem is nobody wants to make that run to the SE dragon. So the one right next to the wayshrine dies, then the SE spawns I believe. nobody touches it for like 10 min, then the SW spawns. Dies quick and the other one spawns. If people didn't ignore the one they would spawn rapidly.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dragon spawn times are really only a problem in Northern Elsweyr (and they ARE an annoying problem there).
    They spawn a heck of a lot faster in Southern Elsweyr.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten about that difference and I chose the dragon daily in Northern Elsweyr after completing the Southern dragon daily in a very timely manner just staying in the big quest circle south of Senchal, only to quickly remember why I stopped dragon hunting in Northern Elsweyr altogether.
    I'm gonna go with the Delve daily in Northern Elsweyr for the remainder of the event, since they very likely won't be making this adjustment; it has been requested for a long time before now.
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on January 26, 2023 8:20PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ErianaSagewing
      Just had a 15 minute wait in Northern Elsweyr on Xbox EU. Then had two dragons appear one after the other in SE & SW dragonscours but now been 10 mins with nothing in the NW. And here I was thinking this event would be a good opportunity to get the leads that drop from dragons ....
    • Northwold
      Northwold
      ✭✭✭✭✭

They spawn as they are killed. The problem is nobody wants to make that run to the SE dragon. So the one right next to the wayshrine dies, then the SE spawns I believe. nobody touches it for like 10 min, then the SW spawns. Dies quick and the other one spawns. If people didn't ignore the one they would spawn rapidly.

Maybe for the duration of the event they should install mobile wayshrines at the dragon sites. Lore explanation, I've no idea, maybe the Elsweyr authorities perceived an emergency and brought in wayshrines on carts, or it is Scale Moon, the annual dragon hunting festival.
      Edited by Northwold on January 26, 2023 9:08PM
    • CBreeze71
      CBreeze71
      ✭✭
      I had more fun at Mayhem and I don't even touch PvP.
      XBX-NA | GenX | ChillAF | ESOEveryday | Guar Rancher | Mystical Bard of Tamriel
    • endgamesmug
      endgamesmug
      ✭✭✭✭
      I was in on a new account 400cp thought id go for the dragon daily for the tickets, yeah waste of time 😆delve dailies in both areas did the trick 😁
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I did four sets of Dragon Hunt Dailies, two in Northern Elsweyr and two in Southern.

The ones in the south were completed in no time, the ones in the north were horrendous, for long periods there were no dragons up at all. So where I would normally just camp one spawn zone, I found myself exceedingly bored and tempted into the mad dashes from the wayshrines hoping to get there before the dragon died.....that didn't end well quite a few times!!

The northern spawn times seemed to be a bit off to me today. PC-EU. :)
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    • DcellDave_1369

In Southern Elsweyr it's a quick turnaround, Northern it's not. While playing my lute, patiently waiting, I scan the radar for the region. I can see where and when they spawn, where and when they begin battle, and when they fall. The southeast area kills are just as quick as anywhere else - it has its own group hanging out there. S. Elsweyr just has long down times between spawns.
    • DcellDave_1369
      Northwold wrote: »

Maybe for the duration of the event they should install mobile wayshrines at the dragon sites. Lore explanation, I've no idea, maybe the Elsweyr authorities perceived an emergency and brought in wayshrines on carts, or it is Scale Moon, the annual dragon hunting festival.

I'm OLD, so am up early. At 5am central US you can get from dragon to dragon via wayshrines AND have time to be in on the kill. At 10am they're dead within 20 seconds of hitting the ground. Even wayshrines in each dragon LZ won't get you there fast enough... LOL
    • DcellDave_1369

In Southern Elsweyr it's a quick turnaround, Northern it's not. While playing my lute, patiently waiting, I scan the radar for the region. I can see where and when they spawn, where and when they begin battle, and when they fall. The southeast area kills are just as quick as anywhere else - it has its own group hanging out there. N. Elsweyr just has long down times between spawns.

Oops, I meant N. Elsweyr has long down times...

• DMuehlhausen
      DMuehlhausen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

No. There is no need. Unless there are literally 100s there isn't a dragon you can't get to before it's killed if you see when it spawns on the map. The Wayshrines are fine.
    • Toanis
      Toanis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why even go for dragons, when you can just as welll do a world boss or delve?
    • Northwold
      Northwold
      ✭✭✭✭✭

No. There is no need. Unless there are literally 100s there isn't a dragon you can't get to before it's killed if you see when it spawns on the map. The Wayshrines are fine.

Would it not solve the very problem you yourself identified -- that no one bothers to go to the southeast??
      Edited by Northwold on January 27, 2023 7:53PM
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Toanis wrote: »
      I was waiting a long time for a N Elsweyr world boss today, and a lot of players waiting with me, because it was the objective of one of the dailies. I forgot to check how long the wait was, but it was way too long. So perhaps it's not just the dragons.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • Varana
      Varana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The dragons are on a cycle - clockwise in Northern Elsweyr. You don't need to scramble to a place when a dragon appears, you can start going there before they spawn and be on time every time. And in each zone, there are three landing sites where the fight can take place, and if you notice how the dragon flies, you'll know where they will land.

They take a while to spawn after the last one got obliterated in three seconds. But you can still do the round in a reasonable amount of time.
    • DcellDave_1369

We don't all have wonderful internet speeds. I live in FL, but it's 'semi-rural'. as I write this my internet is working but I have no TV, regular or cable. Mediacom sucks, but it's the only option out here. Dish/ATT has terrible internet speeds, since they haven't run fiber out here yet.
    • DcellDave_1369

Would it not solve the very problem you yourself identified -- that no one bothers to go to the southeast??

People are doing the SE LZ, they mostly camp out there since it's a pain to get into and out of.
      I paid attention to spawn time from SW dragon killed to SE dragon spawn. 4 1/2 - 5 minutes each time, both last night, and this morning. On a hunch I went overland from the one to the other and that gives you BARELY enough time to make the event, if you know the route and don't get lost. That may be why they have the the long lag.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

We don't all have wonderful internet speeds. I live in FL, but it's 'semi-rural'. as I write this my internet is working but I have no TV, regular or cable. Mediacom sucks, but it's the only option out here. Dish/ATT has terrible internet speeds, since they haven't run fiber out here yet.

Second this; I’ve been hit by load screens en route to Dragons multiple times this event that lasted long enough I missed the fight.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • DcellDave_1369
      Varana wrote: »
      The dragons are on a cycle - clockwise in Northern Elsweyr. You don't need to scramble to a place when a dragon appears, you can start going there before they spawn and be on time every time. And in each zone, there are three landing sites where the fight can take place, and if you notice how the dragon flies, you'll know where they will land.

They take a while to spawn after the last one got obliterated in three seconds. But you can still do the round in a reasonable amount of time.

The rotation changes (like in Alik'r). This morning Northern Elsweyr is going counter clockwise.
    • DcellDave_1369
      Toanis wrote: »

If event tickets re all you're after, that makes sense. If you're also after dailies, and all the goodies that come from them, you do the dragons too.
    • DcellDave_1369
      And then this happens: at 8:45 central US dragons appeared simultaneously at the N and SE LZs of Northern Elsweyr. No way you can make both...
    • AltanasAExcalibur
      Have you considered perhaps leaving bringing one character to each spawn area in northern and southern, and just log in and out between them?

Do dailies one character, then just farm the dragons and make some decent bank on all the others.
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      The dragons don't make sense to me as a rotating spawn.

I waited over an hour at the Northern Elsweyr SW dragon spawn during 7-8pm prime time. No dragon spawned. I was tabbed out watching youtube but with my window small enough to see most of my game screen. I find it hard to believe that no one went to kill the other dragons, which is supposedly would have prompted the SW spawn.
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    • kargen27
      kargen27
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree there is no need for additional wayshrines during prime time on the PC-NA server I had a heck of a time getting to the dragons on a low level character that wasn't up to full speed yet. I missed several dragons and ended up just staying in one area killing little critters until a dragon finally showed. I could have jumped on one of my other characters if it got to frustrating so I did have an alternative to what I was doing.
      and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    • DcellDave_1369
      The dragons don't make sense to me as a rotating spawn.

I waited over an hour at the Northern Elsweyr SW dragon spawn during 7-8pm prime time. No dragon spawned. I was tabbed out watching youtube but with my window small enough to see most of my game screen. I find it hard to believe that no one went to kill the other dragons, which is supposedly would have prompted the SW spawn.

I literally just saw (N. Elsweyr, 5:43am, US central time) back to back spawns in the SE LZ. WTH? It's not hard enough to chase these things down?
    • DcellDave_1369
      Have you considered perhaps leaving bringing one character to each spawn area in northern and southern, and just log in and out between them?

Do dailies one character, then just farm the dragons and make some decent bank on all the others.

That's a thought, but too long to log out/in...