The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unearthing the past

GeneralCornwallace
In this quest you must kill cultists that drop motes to charge a staff, however, the cultists take forever to spawn, and not only that, they do not drop the motes. This seems to be bugged, and unfortunately this quest seems to be required to finish the zone from what I hear. If I finish all the other quests in the zone and can't finish this one, am I able to leave the zone and go quest else where? Not sure how this all works yet lol.
  • GeneralCornwallace
    If anyone knows what i need to do to complete this, please enlighten me. It seems like it works for some people, but I have killed COUNTLESS cultists and have not had one drop.
  • Seagonius
    Seagonius
    Same. I abandoned the quest, picked it up again, and no joy.
  • GeneralCornwallace
    Same. I abandoned the quest, picked it up again, and no joy.
    Sigh so abandoning it doesnt do anything either?

• Seagonius
    Seagonius
    Nope. Didn't do any good for me.
  • GeneralCornwallace
    Seagonius wrote: »
    Nope. Didn't do any good for me.
    so if this is the only quest I have left am I able to leave the zone and go quest in another zone? Kind of confused about that
  • GeneralCornwallace
    so confused!
  • Noaz
    Noaz
    Soul Shriven
    You can go back to Daggerfall through the harbour, and go from there, but this bug is very annoying.
  • GeneralCornwallace
    Noaz wrote: »
    You can go back to Daggerfall through the harbour, and go from there, but this bug is very annoying.
    I agree, that is probably what I will do and go back and complete the quest line once they HOPEFULLY fix it. Customer support if you are reading this, please fix this fast lol. I understand you have issues though its the launch of an mmo just acknowledge said issues as soon as you can and fix them is all I ask.
  • GeneralCornwallace
    Wow! I am a fool, I thought the bodies dropped the orbs, did not realize they floated around the body! quest done!
  • MightyK
    MightyK
    ✭✭
    still... the orbs just dont spawn for me!
  • GeneralCornwallace
    MightyK wrote: »
    still... the orbs just dont spawn for me!
    Weird..