Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loot system for dungeons NEEDS to change

• Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best thing to do currently is set ground rules before you start your PUG run or avoid PUG runs and just do it with guildies. I don't intend to PUG at all in this game.
  • Adonai_Esrey
    I understand your frustration OP ,but wow am I the only one around here who remembers older mmos where you would do hours of raiding for ONE piece of gear to hopefully drop for ONE person

Nope I remember those days and I am glad that ESO could possibly be mirroring the same concept.

In response to the actual post. Sorry mate better luck next time.
  • fosley_ESO
    fosley_ESO
    ✭✭
    I haven't gotten high enough in live to do a dungeon yet, but in beta I got a bunch of equipment from chests along the way, and the Companions quest was repeatable, giving a guaranteed blue. I also got a couple pieces of gear from bosses through the dungeon, and after four total runs my sorc had equipped two pieces of gear, as well as given three or four pieces to guildies.

It's quite possible they severely nerfed drop rates, but I would suspect it's probably just a bad streak or a temporary glitch that won't last. Still, I would check all the chests you see, because they had decent gear in them, even though they are group loot, rather than personal loot.
    syphinb wrote: »
    People like you are the reason i can't enjoy MMO games now, always looking for hand outs.
    Running a dungeon, killing multiple boss enemies, and asking for one piece of gear in return, is not, in any way, "looking for hand outs". Lazy people, like you and me, play video games for entertainment, because we're all rich *** who can afford to sit in a chair for hours a week playing a stupid game.

People who disagree with you, or want a game that's slightly "easier", aren't ignorant, lazy casuals who deserve to be shot in an alley. They just have a different idea of "fun" that doesn't include tedious grinding of a dungeon with little appreciable loot.
    If you don't understand the value of soul gems then you have a lot to know about this game!
    Soul gems are worth about 20g each at low levels.
    At least it's not a horribad need/greed system. Thank God for small favors.
    If people are abusing need before greed systems, stop playing with them. I've often used NBG loot in *raids* on WoW and EQ2, because it's fast, simple, and effective. The vast majority of players in every game I've played have been decent people who use the system correctly, and if they make a mistake, they say "oh, my bad!" and hand the loot over to the guy who actually needs it.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your frustration OP ,but wow am I the only one around here who remembers older mmos where you would do hours of raiding for ONE piece of gear to hopefully drop for ONE person

Nope I remember those days and I am glad that ESO could possibly be mirroring the same concept.

In response to the actual post. Sorry mate better luck next time.

Well , everyone can prefer their own system , but honestly , i dont have that much free time or even patience anymore , if this is trully their choice , i will be taking my leave.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    lol and I spent years playing 40 man raids where it might be months before you get a single piece of gear... man how the kids these days think they have to get instant gratification for doing one 15 minute dungeon :disappointed_relieved:
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    lol and I spent years playing 40 man raids where it might be months before you get a single piece of gear... man how the kids these days think they have to get instant gratification for doing one 15 minute dungeon :disappointed_relieved:

You "people" are getting kind of annoying. For one, you're assuming I didn't play those games, which is ignorant and childish. I played Everquest, and I know the pains it took to get gear... that doesn't mean I thought the idea was "fun". There's a reason those systems aren't in place anymore, and I'm sure you could guess why if you pulled your elitist head out of your ass and looked at the issue from a practical standpoint; no one likes doing *** for nothing. The fact that you spent years doing 40 man raids with nothing to show for it has NOTHING to do with this conversation.
    Running a dungeon, killing multiple boss enemies, and asking for one piece of gear in return, is not, in any way, "looking for hand outs". Lazy people, like you and me, play video games for entertainment, because we're all rich *** who can afford to sit in a chair for hours a week playing a stupid game.

People who disagree with you, or want a game that's slightly "easier", aren't ignorant, lazy casuals who deserve to be shot in an alley. They just have a different idea of "fun" that doesn't include tedious grinding of a dungeon with little appreciable loot.

Thank god someone actually understands.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madae wrote: »
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    So you want the game to be realistic, but complain when you work hard and get nothing in return? This is how things work in real life.

Pretty sure that's not how real life works, but okay... I have a job, I get paid for the work I put in. I get what you're saying, but that's not a very good analogy.

If you think the world doesn't work that way, you've been damned lucky in life.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    If you think the world doesn't work that way, you've been damned lucky in life.

Thank you for that totally relevant to the topic comment.
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure about this "finesse" system. Last night I lagged out during a boss fight and the group pretty much 3-manned it as I was stuck in limbo. When I managed to get back in the game, I looted a blue off the boss, despite the fact that I really didn't participate.
    idiot
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭

You "people" are getting kind of annoying. For one, you're assuming I didn't play those games, which is ignorant and childish. I played Everquest, and I know the pains it took to get gear... that doesn't mean I thought the idea was "fun". There's a reason those systems aren't in place anymore, and I'm sure you could guess why if you pulled your elitist head out of your ass and looked at the issue from a practical standpoint; no one likes doing *** for nothing. The fact that you spent years doing 40 man raids with nothing to show for it has NOTHING to do with this conversation.

Thank god someone actually understands.

eliteist ? lol!

Dude you just complained that you didn't get some loot in a single run of a dungeon in a game that was just released. you just cursed me, threw insults overreacted and basically threw a tantrum .
    As to your labels, and telling me to somehow remove my cranium from my rectum.. a physical impossibility to be sure that it would ever even arrive there.

If you had played those games you most likely would have developed a sense of patience and relaxed attitude towards loot that you obviously do not have.
    This tells me that if you did raid in those games you either A were not very good and probably in a poorly run guild. or B Never actually saw that content and are just posturing.

Regardless you should probably calm down because as I see it i'm the one just enjoying my dungeons loot or not, you are the one exploding over some crappy gear you will ditch literally in 5 minutes after crafting something better or 1 level from a good quest reward.

I think I know what the problem is .. an it's not the dungeon.

"Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    Stuff

Thank you for your contribution.
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    I helped a group with the end boss and thought it was fairly amusing when one of the players said they had done that dungeon several times and the last boss dropped absolutely nothing for them each time. I felt their pain.

Forgot to mention that when we killed the last boss, it didn't drop anything for me again. In fact, it didn't even drop a soul gem - the body was unlootable. I suppose that could be because I was level 22, though. Didn't really care at that point, since I wasn't even there for the loot.

At the same time, it wasn't lootable for that other person either. Someone else said they looted it, though.
    Edited by Madae on April 2, 2014 8:55AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be happy you completed the dungeon with your friends/group. Getting a reward should be a trivial enjoyment compared to that. MMOs at their essence after all are about playing with other real people, not some materialistic garnering service.

In any event, now you know how the dungeon loot system works. You know not to expect it to be like the other banal MMOs out there. You'll also know better for the future hopefully, and won't be disappointed by unrealistic expectations again :smile:
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If the critters are gray you get no loot.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Hang on, so you got unlucky on 1 single dungeon run and now you are writing off all the dungeons in the game? That's very mature.
    There is no finesse system, it has been scrapped long ago. I gues RNG simply hates you.

Yeah, and I'm sure you would be thrilled if you were in my situation.

There is not a single MMO out there, too my knowledge, that does this, so don't be stupid. Every boss should drop an item, and whether or not the item is useful shouldn't matter. The point is; if you put time in to doing it, you should get a reward. Plain and simple.

And you sound really mature egging me on, too. Hypocrite.
    That dungeon was bugged when I did it. you could not clear the first cave part. You probably had the same thing. No items and quest never could be completed. Just run it again

• Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭

Makes sense, but doesn't explain why one person didn't get anything and the other two did.

• Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭

Makes sense, but doesn't explain why one person didn't get anything (and couldn't even loot the body) and the other two did.

• Ubiach
    Ubiach
    you got a blue item at the end for you reward in a quest man ... it simply a roll drop !! when i enter into a instance i ask everyone to link the drop ... if it not good to the player i ask to trade it to someone who use it ... that it.
  • smcmickleb14_ESO
    Hang on, so you got unlucky on 1 single dungeon run and now you are writing off all the dungeons in the game? That's very mature.
    There is no finesse system, it has been scrapped long ago. I gues RNG simply hates you.

There is not a single MMO out there, too my knowledge, that does this, so don't be stupid. Every boss should drop an item, and whether or not the item is useful shouldn't matter. The point is; if you put time in to doing it, you should get a reward. Plain and simple.

Actually, there was this dragon something something MMO that did this. It was a sidescroller action RPG that rewarded you based on your performance. I loved it because I love having a big E-PEEN.
  • Kapone
    Kapone

DAOC had this system of Random drops and people would do encounters for weeks if not months before getting anything. The problem with gamers today is they dont want to work for what they have, they want it handed to them. You go one dungeon with nothing and write a book on it, try farming an item for weeks.

Bring back the old MMO days like DAOC please where you had to grind for months to get max level and everything wasnt handed to you on a platter
    Visit my Youtube Channel for MMO Videos
    www.youtube.com/Kaponez
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    1 What was your level?
    2 Had you previously done the dungeon?
    3 Have you tried the other 2 dungeons?
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Dafroog
    Dafroog
    ✭✭
    If they instance mob/boss loot to the player like they do then they have to lower the chance at loot to compensate, this I'm fine with, in fact I really like this system

What I really don't like (at least for instanced dungeons) is that the chests aren't instanced to the player. They need to either do the same thing with chests as they do bosses/mobs, or they need to implement a need/greed system for the chests. ATM the system promotes ninja looting and as you can't actually see what your group loots there is absolutely no way for we, the players, to police it ourselves.
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    I remember a game a long time ago. A year after release an addon named "Shrouded Isles" was added. Massive raids were formed with over 100 people to defeat around 10 bosses and countless minions.
    Hours of playtime and megawipes were in order.
    After 3-5 hours of constant action an organization those 100 people sat in a big circle and the 20 items of valuable loot was rolled...per class...manually.

Noone complained. Everyone was happy to had a chance, because everyone had the same. You gz the winner and were jealous. Respawntimers didn't matter because the time you needed to organize such a thing was important and a window of playtime which was usually on weekends.

*sigh*

Now you just stroll in have to hit a mob once and get loot. Dropchances matter now, so you have to repeat stuff to raise your chance on an item and you will most likely get it.

Plus

You can craft anything and everything, hell you can completely spellcraft your equipment to match all and every attribute to caps + resist, just like in the game I loved so much. You chose the trait, you chose the enchant, you can mix armortypes which is unique in this game.

Dungeons are repeatable for a reason.
    I would get frustrated too when my bad performance and my waste of time would yield the same result. Get better with your characters, do dungeons faster, (die less spend less time killing) and you will have more loot.

May sound cold but thats how it works nowadays.

PS. TESO adapted the idea of my beloved games PvP... best PvP ever we'll se if TESO can get close to that experience.
  • Hessen
    Hessen
    ✭✭
    Loot rule is fine. It's one of the biggest selling features of this MMO over others.
  • HellfirePrime
    So u got no loot but did u have Fun doing it?? Did u get XP??? loot meh it gets replaced fast anyway.
    First World Problems
    Bring the Rain
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ITT: someone got a bad loot roll and now wants the entire loot system overhauled

I don't know what MMOs you've been playing, but this is how it works. Sometimes you get a great drop, other times you get massively shafted. That's how Random Number Generators work. They're /random/.
    Edited by ckf12b14_ESO on April 2, 2014 11:59PM
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you just did so much DPS the computer assumed you didn't need any new gear or betetr yet they did so crappy the computer felt sorry for them :)
    Edited by Salsadoom on April 3, 2014 12:00AM
  • Ivselm
    Ivselm
    Just to add some 'humour' - At least you managed to get into the dungeon.
    After 10 attempts of entering and getting the same error message I gave up
    'Failed to transfer to instance' - The attempts were not done in the same playing session.

However after reading the full thread I must agree on the chest part being either a 'personal' one or that the leader can set a round robin.
  • HavocBringer
    HavocBringer
    Soul Shriven
    I personally don't mind the way the loot works on the bosses, What kinda bugs me is how the Chests etc you find inside the dungeons work.

Now don't get me wrong, i am the one in the group that searches for the things and 90% of the time gets the loot, But i can't help but feel the other groupies don't like that :expressionless: .. I think that the Chests/Bags ( More so Chests ) Should have a group loot function? Or maybe just make it so everyone can open one? After all it's about the Lockpicking if you can or can't do it..

And on another note, if they were to add the chests to everyone, they should be harder than outside of dungeon runs, I'm thinking "Masters" Or higher. So people aren't trying t fight for chests hehe.

Anyone else agree with some sort of change with the way chests work in dungeons?
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it's not a horribad need/greed system. Thank God for small favors.

How is "screw the content grab teh lootz!" Better than need/greed? Several hundred thousand complaint tickets from now this will be changed.