The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is this game so boring?

• rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. I tried WoW and SWTOR. This is the only one I can genuinely say I have enjoyed. Twitch combat is where it's at for me, I like all the skill-shot based abilities and the need to actively attack and dodge.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kryptonian
    I love this game so far. The fact that it actually takes a while to lvl up means a greater sense of accomplishment when you do. Lvl 18 so far and have done as many quests as I could find coupled with skyshard and lorebook hunting. Last 2 days I feel like I have gotten more enjoyment out of ESO than the 300 hours I put into D3 at launch.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    loco wrote: »
    With all the money dropped on this game why is level progression, exploration, and what have you on rails? I was expecting an open world type game, not this... I'm finding no desire to log in, just boredom.

Hey @loco, could you provide us with a bit more detail? What level did you get to? What alliance are you playing? What are you finding not to your liking? What suggestions do you have?

Thank you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the money dropped on this game why is level progression, exploration, and what have you on rails? I was expecting an open world type game, not this... I'm finding no desire to log in, just boredom.

Hey @loco, could you provide us with a bit more detail? What level did you get to? What alliance are you playing? What are you finding not to your liking? What suggestions do you have?

Thank you.

You can't make super-drastic changes now that the game is out. Unless you want to overhaul every terrible piece of dialogue (none of it is memorable or meaningful) and cast half-decent voice actors (not including most of the main story voice actors. They are good), then this game is dead to me. Oh, and make the combat good (get rid of the softlock) and also let me explore outside of the tiny portion of a zone you confine me to (there should be a small level bracket for each zone, instead of like 6-18 where there is a massive difference between north and south, and then that entire zone is viable to explore and do the quests in). Do these things and I will play.

Posting this made me very sad...
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the game quite a lot!

The only complain I have about the game, wich is something I mentioned during the beta, is the fact there is no incentive to play in a group or with a friend. It is so annoying to play with your friend and to have to track every single objective you do separetly because if you don't do that you get phased out and can't see him anymore until he does his part of his quest.

It's very confusing and it could have been developed in a more polished way, like sharing objectives when teamed up for ALL CONTENT.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on April 2, 2014 12:30AM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 16 now and i've been playing a lot! Only slept inbetween sessions. And i think i have leveled up fast! :confounded:

Btw. I'm having a blast with this game and i will definitely be subscribing! :D
    PC EU
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

You can't make super-drastic changes now that the game is out. Unless you want to overhaul every terrible piece of dialogue (none of it is memorable or meaningful) and cast half-decent voice actors (not including most of the main story voice actors. They are good), then this game is dead to me. Oh, and make the combat good (get rid of the softlock) and also let me explore outside of the tiny portion of a zone you confine me to (there should be a small level bracket for each zone, instead of like 6-18 where there is a massive difference between north and south, and then that entire zone is viable to explore and do the quests in). Do these things and I will play.

And I disagree with you root and branch. I enjoy the quests and found many that I found clever and well-written. I have no idea what you're talking about concerning combat, or exploration; I don't recognize the game that I'm playing at all in what you're describing. The OP announced that he ground to level 31 in a couple of days; I'd wager he didn't bother reading any quest text at all. So I doubt you'll get anything useful from him.
  • loco
    loco
    ✭✭

Thank you.

Hey Jessica,

I'm AD, level 36 now. The biggest complaint I have with the game right now is the group mechanics (or lack there of) and the LFG tool. I think it's just my play style to be perfectly honest, I prefer grouping more to solo play and quest progression is almostly entirely solo based. Some quests will have randoms who will help you out, but it's not the same as a well organized group setting out to do something. Dungeons are nice and probably the most fun I'm having in game due to the group mechanics, the tool makes it somewhat more strenuous then I feel it should be to make a group though.

My other complaints probably aren't fixable, and are more tolerable to me than the grouping mechanics. I don't really care for the zone layouts, they're very linear. If I'm in a certain area I for the most part know I'm not going to encounter any mobs outside x level. It takes away the sense of danger from the game, that I might stumble in to something that would just eat me ya know. A mix of mobs would be better, maybe with set levels for certain creatures like mud crabs instead of them scaling to the area.

Not sure if it helps, but I'm impressed you even asked. Thanks.

• Fancyotter98ub17_ESO
    you try the pvp?
  • sardu821
    sardu821
    4. Immersion breaking - no instances. Other people are always messing up your quests or exploration.

I wish I could enter an instance at work...my boss is always messing up my immersion :wink:

Opinions being what they are...I have come to like that they didn't pepper the game with instances. For one, when was the last time you walked into your own instance of a restaurant? Never...you had to deal with other people being around also. Anyhow, I actually feel this aspect of the game helps in the long run. If you generally solo, as I do, then having others there and readily available for that quick assist is nice...
  • vanity
    vanity
    ✭✭
    The game is far from boring. In fact unlike most games it's very unstructured at the beginning. Sure there are options to quest and set yourself up for a very definite process of exploration, however, you aren't forced to do any of it. I leveled to 30 in two days just killing mobs and now have to go back to do some main quests. I'm not really a quester, that's just me, I'm a grinder. Always have been very successful in grind type MMO's. For me the game has been completely open world and nothing is limiting what I want to do. If your bored it's because you're making yourself bored.My recommendation to you if a game like this becomes boring, simply is, it's not a good game for you. The more you level, the more dungeons you find, the more things you can kill, the more places you can go, the cooler drops you can find. Maybe invest some more time in it before you make a sour verdict. Maybe you're doing the wrong things? Try dungeoning, grinding, questing, whatever you need to do to make the game more fun. Maybe find a social guild. A lot of people appreciate MMO's for friend ect. and grouping with someone can make things a lot less boring.

Just some advice, good luck.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i am quite enjoying it. i think they hid the rails very well. but on that note did you follow the game development at all? Did you visit the forums or fan sites? years ago they announced this would be a theme park MMO. the features and lack there of were clearly stated by 2012. I learned this a long time ago have no expectations, do just a tad bit of research before purchasing . Personaly im enjoying the crap out of the questing and level progression. Archeage may be the game for you .that is a sandpark design and is due to release later this year. good luck in your hunt for a MMO you enjoy!

• Bcrichjosh
    I Dropped my WoW subscription as soon as this game came out for early access, and have not thought twice about my decision since.
    Edited by Bcrichjosh on April 2, 2014 2:11PM
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some players have very high standards for others.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Elwynn
    Elwynn
    I loveeeee ESO! It's very awesome for me... I love the lore and voice acting.
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    I think OP has some valid points, although his title of the post is not productive.

1. The game is not boring, but is lacking in certain areas that cause it to break immersion and feel linear.

There have been many many posts and complaints on these exact things.

1. Phasing/Instancing needs work especially for groups.. But even solo when you have a quest and 50 others are doing it, it breaks immersion period.
    2. Zones are tied to quests and are all geared to that quest line or level line, so the linear feeling is there. The only part that isn't really is resources..

For example if you adventure outside the quest line, things do not make sense when you pick up lore in a cave that pertains to part of the story of a quest you do not have. Also you can easily out level the quest, so when you do get the quest and do it guess what it looses it's magic because you adventured ahead of it and now it is way too easy and the loot for the reward has no meaning to you since it is too low.

Things like this in the current system causes the feeling this OP has and other complaints we have seen throughout Beta and we will see again in LIVE.

Far as suggestions to fix it, there have been plenty and tons of feedback presented to tweak the instancing and phasing to help address this issue.. I suggest the development team read over these and sit down and see what can be done or not..

I for one like the game but to say the game is not needing some help in some areas is just not facing the facts... There have been a ton of reviewers , gamers, forum threads and beta testers that have stated the same exact thing!
  • jonah84
    jonah84
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Mah, you can't please everybody, my experience was very positive so far and can't wait to get into PVP (was awesome in Beta).

So true, don't know why ppl get in forums just to complain about them not liking the game. If you don't like it then go play something else is that simple. Example: I try to play the mmo game call Rift i hated that game for various reasons, but I did not get in their forums to bash on the game i just move on to better things.

FOR THE QUEEN (*)
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    jonah84 wrote: »
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Mah, you can't please everybody, my experience was very positive so far and can't wait to get into PVP (was awesome in Beta).

So true, don't know why ppl get in forums just to complain about them not liking the game. If you don't like it then go play something else is that simple. Example: I try to play the mmo game call Rift i hated that game for various reasons, but I did not get in their forums to bash on the game i just move on to better things.

Depends on how you define a complaint.. Is it no different then a feedback in game, I think not.. The title is not good from the OP but he has valid points and valid feedback.

Only thing I see is he didn't offer up any examples or ideas of how to fix. But let's face it this topic and so called "complaint" you call it has been posted and feedback to the team a thousand times.

There are real issues with the instancing/phasing with groups and also the other small things with this game that have been discussed to death. What bothers me is Jessica's request on this subject, I mean for real you are not aware of this by now?

You really need someone to explain what they are seeing after all these months and months of feedback saying the same thing when it comes to the instancing and phasing issues with groups. Let alone the immersion issues with solo play and other valid arguments from the player community. Now a paying community.
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »

Thank you.

And I disagree with you root and branch. I enjoy the quests and found many that I found clever and well-written. I have no idea what you're talking about concerning combat, or exploration; I don't recognize the game that I'm playing at all in what you're describing. The OP announced that he ground to level 31 in a couple of days; I'd wager he didn't bother reading any quest text at all. So I doubt you'll get anything useful from him.

I'm not basing my comments off of the OP. I am basing them off of 5 weekends of beta. and hours of gameplay that I have watched.

I have NO IDEA how anyone finds the dialogue interesting. It is always the same thing: "oh there was a big battle and we lost but you can still clean up the mess we left behind by getting the Super Important Stone and bringing it to me!". Or, at least, it is something similar to that. The point is, any humor that is in the dialogue is drowned in a sea of annoying, pointless words spilling out of the mouth of terrible voice actors (who lack emotion and all sound the same). This is especially true for the starter islands and first zone (it gets better when you reach Valenwood, at least a little bit).

The combat is floaty and boring, it's just a matter of pressing a button every few seconds and dodging left or right. And it STILL has the old problem of attacks that happen 4 meters away hitting me. Not to mention a lack of collision detection, which makes the enemies feel like they're not even in front of me. (there was none in the beta, not even in the last weekend when they said they added it).

The zones have huge level ranges, so until you so do all the quests in a certain tiny section of the zone, you can't go any further north/east without dying to a level 20 imp or some *** (at least for the AD).

The last point is a simple fact, and the other 2 have some opinion laced in. Anyway, the problem is this: The game is rotten at the core and zenimax had EVERY opportunity to fix it. They went against the advice of many of their earliest testers (Jessecox, for example) who told them EXACTLY what they needed to do to make this game great.

I feel bad for the developers, you know? They spent 7 years of their lives (2007-2014, according to a quick google search) working on this game. And yet, it turned out poorly and a lot of people hate it. Now, they have to do damage control as best they can, and hope that they can salvage the reputation of this game before Zenimax Media Inc declares it a lost cause and shuts down the servers (or worse, makes it free to play)
    Edited by nicholaspingasb16_ESO on April 2, 2014 9:57PM
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• loco
    loco
    ✭✭
    Ding, VR1. Not much of an accomplishment, especially considering the last few levels went quick.

Now I'm stuck only quest grinding, with nothing to break the monotony. The game is still boring I find, and even more linear than I expected it to be. At least I'm almost to the point were I can justify dropping the initial money on the game.
  • nirax
    nirax
    well to add my bits to this thread.
    I play MMO´s since 1998, back from UO beta. This is the 7th MMO actually. (UO since beta, daoc, anachy online, wow, tera, gw2

I´m VR1 now, so while i havent seen ´it all´, i think i gasped quite some part of it.

Some design decision just leave you scratching your head:
    - ressource nodes: as already said. You start to hate other players. Now if thats your target fine, than make it open world pvp where i can also kill players of my own faction annoying or harassing me, or leave it be.
    - non rewarding grouping in pve. (yada yada, you can add walls of text only on this point, but i guess everybode here knows the issues)
    - quest grinding. past VR beside the rather solid pvp, the quest grinding is just a pain. unbelivable boring, playing the busybody in starter areas for everybody and his mother.
    - npcs completely static, not reacing to environment. you run towards your guards with enemies on your feet ? no problem. they will just ignore it. its a static world. everybody just stands around unless its in town or a dialogue sentence. it feels so unbelivable lifeless and everybody in the quests so unable to deal with the slightest problems themselfes. thats not imersive. you feel just like in that upcoming movie waking up after sleeping in a cryo cell in a world full of stupid people.
    - armor: as master smith, clothier i cant repair my own armor, but the cook NPC can ? come on.
    - fire dmg. seems like the only thing every npc and his mother does.
    - if every quest claims to be epic, sensless, or long ("the dread lizard of knownot has been risen from the family thomb. if YOU (!) dont stop him, he´ll raise an army of dead rats which will pillage our fields and eat our babies") you just stop at some point paying attention anymore. really. my mind just shuts down.
    - busybody quests. over and over this go there talk to him, return to me, talk to that guy than again back to me. WHO CARES. oh i need to, because i need to pass this part of the quest to progress further. at this point, i rather just pillage the entire town and kill them all. these misfits are so boring, their problems so pathetic and they cant do anything by themself.
    - makes. no. sense. you walk by (regardless where) and suddenly you are in charge to lead whomever general´s assault to a victory (while they stand around, or endlessly and statically fighting with 0 dynamic.) setting immersion: zero, sense: zero. could play pokemon and get more attached
    - combat doenst feels as fast and responsivness as tera (As action combat) or even gw2. it often feels somewhat detached, lagging. more than often a pressed key gets "eaten" by the server. i know i pressed evade or interrupt as i use a mechanical keyboard with click feedback, but the char isnt evading, or does the command with a slight delay, just as you would play on 500ping) and yes i know about stamina.
    - mobs doing 180° turns instantly. you can check this best with molag bal in the final battle. fight him and run around him while hes preparing his special. you are behind him right? false. in the last moment he turns (without animation) towards you and the spell releases. pathetic.
    - strange quests: doing EP now as Veteran content. there is this quest where you have to "get" the hearts (!) of Nerdic warriors. come on. did you really thought that trough ? i mean yes, my char is a vampire, yes i´m a badass. but taking their hearts ? literally. give me a break. these were some fine looking women and men, i really cant imagine doing that. yet the quest has to progress. away with any imemrsion... just go and collect.. 1 heart.. 2 heart .. 3/4 .. 4/4 there, done. go back and deliver a sack of hearts. lol.
    - glowing vampire eyes. hey you´re the friendly next door neighbour eh ? no problem with that. can i make you some tea. nobody cares that you run around as an abomination. i mean yes, that would have made it far more complex. also getting blood from the own faction.. but at least it would make a nice difference to other mmo´s out there.
    - what´s your unique selling point exactly .. lets say in an elevator pitch

so why am i still here ? i´m mostly for the pvp here and as part of the pvp clan moved over, but thought i drop my thoughts on it as i have hope it can improve.

cheers,
    nirax, germany
    Edited by nirax on April 28, 2014 8:34PM
    Nirax TC of [Buka]
  • Sayeret
    Sayeret
    Actually I find this game boring too, and let me explain way:

First of all, I want to make clear that I read every single quest, explore the map, lvl my professions and build up my character skills properly, and so far this is what i found:
    The quests have deep story line, that give you a good inmersion in the game, but, many of them are badly designed for an MMO, I did quests where I had to run from one point of the map to another, talking from one NPC to another, and never shot an arrow, when I finally got to finsh the quest by killing some mini boss, there was somthing like 20 persons camping it... since the game doesnt instance the small caves / dungeons, you cant actually enjoy your quests properly, you loose all the quest inmersion.

The combat sistem combined with the skill points is simply broken, since you cant respect, you stick with a built, in my case since I spent skill points in professions and other non combat points, i cant afford 2 skills lines (related to different weapons), because of that, after almost a month of playing the game, Im bored from my character, I spend hours doing the same skill rotation, with no real progress... yes, I upgrade my skills, but 5 skills (usually you have a heal / utility skill in one of the slots) is not acceptable for a 2014 mmo...

You can always start a new character, but in the long run you will have to stick to a specific build and since the leveling is slow, its not worting it...

in conclusion, the game was great in the first weeks, but after that, it stopped to give me anything new in the combat/leveling (questing) side, so im done with it...

• Gilifax
    Gilifax
    Soul Shriven
    Speaking as a VR6 Player The game is still boring and progressively gets worse. Nothing new to do but what you have done from the start. GL finding a competent group for VR dungeons. yeah they've added Craiglorn but hell 90% of the players can't even get through 1 VR dungeon let alone a 12 man Raid. PLEASE don't take this the wrong way. Hard dungeons are great and refreshing but we need more MMO like activites to do. I.E Dailies, world pvp would be amazing. I have already unsubscribed. I really wanted this "Elder Scrolls" MMO to be amazing and I have to admit I continued to play in hopes of it getting better yet I find myself logging in once a day to feed my horse and that's it. The game is just plain dull. There is no sense of fulfillment nor progression while playing this MMORPG. The class system is horrible and the combat is still very clunky. Yes Collision detection has helped but it still is rinse repeat for every fight. another major gripe is the solo dungeons are all copy and pasted This is just my opinion I know some will disagree with much that I have said but remember this.. I have played many MMORPGs and this should at the very least be free to play. I just couldn't see myself wasting $15 on a subscription fee to a game that promised so much but delivered so little.

Thanks for reading.
    Edited by Gilifax on June 16, 2014 3:38AM
  • Rastaban
    Rastaban
    ✭✭✭

In all honesty, I would say not enough to do in the game. It seems like the game is intended for bigger groups of players but there is no good grouping system. Like in WoW, you sign up for a dungeon and wait and it pulls you all in when there's enough. ESO seems more like grab any straggler you can get. In places that require groups of 4-12 players, I've never found 4 players to play with yet, at least on the PTS, like a group you can stick with for a dungeon. So we log out and leave, overwhelmed because we die so much but strangely, also bored because of it. You would think the difficulty levels would improve the excitement but too hard becomes tedious, when you're simply dying because you don't have the numbers. I can't imagine waiting for a raid or dungeon in WoW and only having a half or quarter the numbers required to take down the boss.

Beyond that, there's nothing to do in the game. Honestly, there's so little content, it's hard to sign in. What confuses me is that some people really love it and think there is a lot of content but I just don't see it. It's the same repetitive questing and fighting over and over and over... in different places. There really, really needs to be some major variation in the game.

ZOS needs better quest writers too. This whole deal where you're soul is ripped out but it doesn't affect you is just detrimental to immersion, IMO.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a huge elder scrolls fan and I cannot really believe that I have barely played in the last week because it was boring:(

I am VR5, in the A'likr Desert working on quests. Going 1-50 (completing Coldharbour) I was definitely entertained, fully immersed and such. Normal dungeons are usually successful. I did everything but the dungeons solo. I would randomly join/group with people for anchors and world bosses but 90% of the time this doesn't mean a group invite just a collaboration on the spot.

I don't dislike the quests or the voice acting or any of that. I love quests and lore but I am finding ESO plays like a solo game for me. I join guilds and guild chat is quiet. Veteran dungeon groups are hard to get and often just a lot of dying and no boss killing. I intended to try them again now that I am VR5 but I find myself not really motivated to play.

I am coming from WoW (played 2005-2012) and it is the only MMO i have to compare to. My main motivation for leveling, other than to do quests/learn lore was to play with the people I met and I was in a leveling guild there and it was busy and talkative. Once max level it was all about raids - gearing for raids and helping other guildmates do the same. Back then the bosses were actually hard and took weeks to learn/kill, but I never found it tedious to go and die 50 times a night while we learned it and finally killing it was a feeling like no other!

I am finding the biggest problem with ESO as an MMO is it feels empty, lack of a community and all the people I've met so far seem to have quit or are taking a break for now.

The biggest problem with ESO as an RPG is the content is so much more linear than the previous titles. The quests tell great stories and for an MMO they are excellent and the world changes with your decisions, which is awesome!

I do really enjoy the various aspects of the game, but I think the reason is it boring is the lack of community. I think being in 5 guilds detracts from the feeling of fellowship. Maybe it is just because the game is so young it hasn't had a chance to build up yet. I keep trying to tell myself that at V10 (then V12) it will work with groups forming for trials and such, but I see people grabbing people from guild, from zone chat, from trade guilds to give the trials a shot. Not a "hey guild, we are running a trial at 8PM, be online and be ready to go!

I want to love this game SO much and it is heartbreaking for me to find it boring. Things that I would change:

1. one guild only and by character, not account. 90% of the account names are awkward to call people by! It is more personal to be called by your character name (or a short form thereof) as most people don't go by real names. I've been "Mix" since 2005 and it is very odd to be called anything else on voice chat!

2. Cadwell's Silver: make this optional for those who want to see the other alliance content.

3. Since we defeat Molag Bal solo in the main story, and the next antagonist arrived with Craglorn - then Craglorn needs to be the zone following Coldharbour. Got your soul back, onwards to the bigger threat/bad guy.

4. VR levels. While I think of them essentially as 50-62, Craglorn raised our level cap very soon after release. The expectation for raiding (or trials) is max level for best gear for best chance to win. I like the idea of more skill points but I think you make VR gear...just VR gear. ie. your gear does NOT get better between VR1 and VR12. The way to obtain better gear? Trials, Vet dungeons, Crafting with rare mats. Next tier of trials: introduce the next level of gear for vet dungeons/crafting as well. You never want the gear to be really simple to get, but you also want all styles of players to be able to get it with work. Extra skill points are nice, but will not be considered mandatory for end-game content. TL:DR VR levels will allow the character to access more skill points (and potentially anything else that doesn't directly increase character strength) BUT will not make a difference for end-game (directly). In essence, VR levels should be something to work on when you don't have anything else to do:p

5. Bug fixes/Customer service. This area needs working on. The gamemaster's need some power to help people. They need to be able to be in the same phase/see through the character's eyes to be better able to help with some issues. They should also have the ability to pass players past a bug in a main quest chain - with the player acknowledging they will be missing the story of that part. Right now it feels like they have no power, just a shoulder to cry on when things don't work. An in-game discussion with a game master rather than an email is also very nice, very personal. Now if you have gone offline send the email but if the person is online and you can talk that would be preferred. All games have bugs, but workarounds while they are being fixed and clear communication makes it easier to deal with. (i know the original WoW boats didn't work properly and portal masters were placed on the docks temporarily so players could travel)

6. VR levels = novelty rewards (horse armor?); or maybe shortcuts through future content. But not needed for end-game. I get that you want people to gain something while they go through content other than just the story/lore and some skill pts.

7. The Molag Bal/Planemeld threat is very clear, very visual. The threat that has followed him (craglorn content) should also be reflected somehow in the game world outside of craglorn. The bigger badder guy (or threat) needs to be...obvious. We need to be all "oh sh!t!" and Take Up Arms, to battle! Not, hey the anchors are still all over the place might as well mop-up the Coldharbor threat. (I do understand that the anchors cannot go away until an expansion to give everyone a chance to do them and the achievements and such, it is just the next threat is some dude next to a wagon talking about stars)

This turned into a rather long post, sorry. I wanted to try to give some good feedback that might generate some ideas on how to make ESO a better game:)

(oh, there is a serious continuity error during Cadwell's Silver. A lot of quests infer you are soulless and only a soulless person could do something, but we have our souls back in the vet. content. Idk: maybe we put our in a bottle?!)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon re-reading my above post, I realized that it seems most of them cannot be implemented now that the game is live. So, according to me, this is what needs to happen.

1. turn the VR levels into real levels (since VR1=50 right now, that would make the VR12 players level 61). This way you can still have all the crafted gear as is but relabeled for levels.

2. Add the needed 50-61 zone(s) for adventuring/questing so people do not need to do the other alliance content (although they could choose to do that instead)

3. For the "vet" other alliance zones; enemies can be harder as you progress (ie. we are level 61 and they could be 64 at the end of the the other alliance area. Remember we are doing the other alliances for skill points and "vet levels" that give access to novelty items etc)

4. Let the players choose which alliance they want to try next and to freely swap between them. For instance the zone 1's are easiest while the zone 5's are hardest and some players may need to team up or strategize more. (sorry for the WoW commentary but looking at MoP compare the difficulty of the Valley with the Isle of Thunder. People with raid gear from Tier 1 had a much easier time on the Isle. I know because I took a fresh lvl 90 green quest geared alt out there and got stomped while my main just waltzed along as normal. That is the type of difficulty change I mean.)

5. Guilds. If you really really don't want to make an Auction House then my suggestion would be to have a "guild" market; you have to visit the building to post your items. No "guild" chat for the trade guilds (call them unions or something). So a player joins a guild for pve/pvp/social purposes, but joins trade unions to sell their stuff. These should work like small auction houses so no trade union chat channel. Make a trade chat (just like zone chat) if players want to sell in chat, and those who don't care can turn it off. To encourage people to stay in a trade union/use a union; split the profits of it with the members after a month (they must be in the union a month, then will get their share at the next cutoff). So you have a small auction house, every member who buys/sells has a stake in it. I haven't got an idea of how these trade unions should be assembled given the lack of union chat but someone should have one! Maybe even have it so the members who have been there longer get a larger cut of the profits. (by profits I mean that "listing fee" or auction house charge on each item). - oh maybe have people sign up for them similar to the PvP campaigns?

6. Guilds by character and not account is likely not hard to do. Have an in-game and forum and launcher announcement about guild changes and then have each character select ONE guild to stay in and when the changes go into effect later, that character will be in just that guild.

I think that would be doable. For people like me who love lore we can work on the other alliances between trials. For those who hate questing/find it tedious and repetitive they never have to set foot there if they don't want to. I would suggest not restricting access to the zones based on the quests completed - this would let those who like exploring but not questing explore, get skyshards and such. Quests would still be the big XP source for the "veteran levels" in pve. Honestly I haven't done a lot of PvP so I am not sure what the best source of vet xp would be in there.

Edit: @ZOS_JessicaFolsom since the thread is older and you asked for feedback from an above poster...quite some times ago.
    Edited by Mix on June 21, 2014 12:48AM
  • rudimentxb14_ESO
    rudimentxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've done just about everything there is to do in this game. We need actual raids. This game really is boring as all hell. Craglorn is not a challenge. The trials are just wanna be raids. I've seen some groups complete the trial in 9 minutes. Pvp lags uncontrollably. Combat is clunky and often times unresponsive. You used the hero engine which is by far one of the worst mmorpg gaming engines. Have you actually seen our characters jump? Its horrible. I tried to enjoy this game but it really is boring as all hell
  • Blockz888
    Blockz888
    ✭✭✭
    For me the game began becoming boring the moment I hit veteran rank, I had this high expectation for it and for little while it was cool but then.. everything just got boring!
    I think the game a lot cooler before u hit veteran rank and then it all just dies sadly. and i sadly cos I actually wanna experience that experience again.
    Leader of The Werewolf Legion, DC WW PVP Guild for Azura, we either pvping or training for pvp. If interested in joining send me an invite, brutiss.
  • m00zesss
    m00zesss
    Soul Shriven
    When i bought this game for PS4 i thought this would become great in my collection, next to games like Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas (both platinum) Dragon's Dogma (platinum) Skyrim (platinum), Dragon Age: Inquisition (platinum) Kingdoms of Amalur (platinum) and Witcher 3 (on my way to platinum)

after playing a few days i must say that this game looks and feels like a 2005 game. The gfx aren't all that great. The quests have no real story behind them ... they're just plain run to point A, pick up something, bring it to point B run to point C ... and so on. Plus you can spot where you have to go from miles because there's always a busload of other players standing around the objective.

I made 3 characters and they are all equally boring. The fighting doesn't feel like fighting, it's just random button mashing. The skill-set gives you so many options, heck it even includes stuff that is useless to your build ...what is up with that.

What is up with the tiny inventory that's filling up with ingredients and other stuff ... in every other game these things take up little to no inventory space. Ok, i can upgrade my inventory but it takes weeks to get to a comforting level while i don't think i will enjoy this game for another week while i'm usually playing RPG's until every quest/side-quest/unknown location is found.

Another issue is when playing in group ... the leader should decide where to go, and when he places a marker, everybody should see the marker on his screen. In this game me and 2 friends were just running around no one had a clue what the other guys are doing, because there's no group feeling. Also: some quests complete when another player in your group completes it, while others don't ... make it a linear group thing, or make it a single player game ... don't mix up.

For me this game is a total fail. This is my personal opinion of course.

edit:
    PS: this is my first and probably last post on this forum because i don't like this game
    Edited by m00zesss on June 24, 2015 9:41AM
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    I strongly agree that character leveling takes an eternity in ESO!