The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would have bought Crowns during the current sale

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't partake this pass either. I didn't feel I wanted to anymore, after the disdain and the ghosting.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy some, if I had an option to pay with direct online bank transfer...
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually buy just 1 pack every winter sale but I can’t bring myself to do it, I’m borderline done.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After last year was generally disappointing, I'm sceptical too.

Also I think (although it always has been this way) that the timing is bad. If the sale lasted at least until the chapter teaser (not even the big reveal in end-January), I would maybe buy a few crowns if it's a theme that seems interesting to me. But the sale ends on January 4, while the teaser is normally published on January 5. Probably intentionally, but it seems like a weird decision to me.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    After last year was generally disappointing, I'm sceptical too.

Also I think (although it always has been this way) that the timing is bad. If the sale lasted at least until the chapter teaser (not even the big reveal in end-January), I would maybe buy a few crowns if it's a theme that seems interesting to me. But the sale ends on January 4, while the teaser is normally published on January 5. Probably intentionally, but it seems like a weird decision to me.

They have to make sure the players spend their money before they get even more disappointed with the game and rethink doing so hahahahaaaa
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except it seems like more people aren't shelling out.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is odd, is that this sale seems to be going on for a LOT longer than usual. Normally a Crown sale lasts just a few days, but this one has been going on for about, what, two weeks now?!?
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing like 6 months ago, I do log in and do the occasional weekly endeavor, but I won't play for now due to the lagg and other performance issues. Also the way pvp combat is and has been for some time and the direction it's going is keeping me from wanting to play. Tank metas and proccsets is not fun.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    They have to make sure the players spend their money before they get even more disappointed with the game and rethink doing so hahahahaaaa
    blktauna wrote: »
    Except it seems like more people aren't shelling out.

I have long wondered how many of the "millions" are being retained. It is one thing to go through the turnstiles, but if they abruptly turn around and leave, who cares if they came through in the first place? That may be a number that ZOS coughs up every so often, but I suspect it is not The Number that they care about. I also note that ZOS has not coughed up the 2022 number, yet. It might be coming in the next couple weeks, but still, those numbers need to show good things.

Edited by Elsonso on January 5, 2023 2:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bought 2 of the 21K packs, as usual.

Of course, then today found out I can't buy the DLC Megapack for one of my accounts at sale price because at some point on that account I had clicked on the FREE Imperial City DLC which is also part of the megapack.
    Says I already own one of the items of the pack so can't buy it for the rest of it at sale price... however I'm welcome to spend full price to get the other 3 DLCs.
    Given IC is free no matter what, this makes no sense and really ticks me off.
    Enough that I would not have bought the 21K packs if I'd known beforehand.

If I already owned one of the DLC that actually costs money, maybe I could see this. But to make it this way for the one absolutely FREE item?
    That's ridiculous.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time, I didn't buy a crown pack this Christmas, and also didn't buy the discounted chapter for any of my alt accounts. I started to explain why in the hope that things might change. Then I remembered: nobody cares.