The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would have bought Crowns during the current sale

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I almost certainly would have bought several sets of the largest Crown pack as I have many past times, but I am not know due to some very poor choices by ZOS (both how things are handled here and in the game).

That is definitely lost income for them. Not as much as from some others, but more than most players. (I am of course assuming that most do not buy 3-5 packs of such during these sales.)

What about everyone else?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 25, 2022 6:53PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy a couple of smaller ones. Stuff I need before the reveal. After? I'm unsure. Right now, I'm having the feeling I had in WoW when WoD was on the horizon.

Which was when I quit playing that game....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • DrScott59
    DrScott59
    ✭✭✭
    I bought two of the largest packs as soon as the sale started, same as last year. I am not really into the cosmetics or gambling crates, but I like having Crowns on hand when creating new toons because I am impatient enough to buy skill lines, horse training, skill points (skyshards), etc. I also donate some as auction prizes for guild from time to time.

But I understand why you might be less inclined to buy this year. I was a bit hesitant, not knowing if I'll stay around long enough to actually use them. I am pretty unhappy with many of the changes this year (my Templar says "Hi" while shoveling with that abomination of a spear). I'm playing less, enjoying it less, and not doing as much group content as last year.

But I still enjoy the game and am going to give ZOS a bit more time to read the room. Hoping things will improve in 2023!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some. I figured I might as well since I'm subbed until April regardless.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped buying crowns about 18-24 months ago.

Cosmetics don't matter to me, and I'm not happy with the direction ZOS is taking ESO. And then when U35 was on the PTS I cancelled my sub after over 8 years, so ZOS doesn't get any money from me anymore.
  • ALAEACUS
    ALAEACUS
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. I didn't buy any packs this time. Came close, had them on my page looking at them. But just couldn't follow through.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I normally buy a 5500 pack each month (which I did again this month) then the 21000 pack during a sale
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They get money from me for the Chapters and yearly ESO+ sub, I only ever buy crown packs when there is something I really badly want from the crown store, which isn't often. Usually make do with my crowns from ESO+ for the better part of half a year before I even need to think about buying crown packs.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the largest pack. I'll probably buy another one before the sale ends.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP may be correct. They may have lost crown income with recent choices. However, the revenue stream is what Zenimax looks at for information concerning revenue changes, not the forums.

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought a 5500 pack. (being an in-home caregiver for a parent [again; the other parent] has me a little strapped this year.)
    My girlfriend bought a bigger pack.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Grizzbeorn, I feel for you. I'm also living with a parent so they can continue to live at home.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • Sarannah
      Sarannah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Love the game, and previously tried some other newish MMO... but after playing ESO I realized how bad that MMO was.

Though I was planning to resupply my crowns to 200k+, as I normally do. I don't think I can buy more than 2 crown packs tops(21k). Due to all the inflation and energycrisis in Europe, some of my bills tripled, while other costs doubled as well. So at the moment I have to be really careful how I spend my money. Sadly this has me cut some coins from entertainment, like ESO. Atleast for the time being.

Sorry ZOS!
      Edited by Sarannah on December 25, 2022 9:40AM
    • Molydeus
      Molydeus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My wife and I bought several packs. Overall, we are happy with the game in its present state, though I understand some players aren't.
    • Hlaaluna
      Hlaaluna
      ✭✭✭
      Generally I am happy with the game and certainly enough to buy my crown pack as I always do when it goes on special. I’ve been playing since 2014 and there is always some change that I am not enamoured of, but mostly that is outweighed by something I love. Always has it been, so business as usual for me.
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have a lot of crowns saved up from the ESO+ monthly allotment, but nothing to spend them on. I'm interested in a few houses but have no idea when they'll be available for purchase again. Otherwise, there's not much in the crown store that interests me. Maybe they'll bring out some fresh items in the future.
    • markulrich1966
      markulrich1966
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This time Fallout 1st instead of ESO Plus, with extra purchases for cool stuff for building my camp (housing).
      I play ESO since 4 years, invested in ESO+ and 42-84k crowns each year, but now I just login to quickly get the eventickets. No need for more crowns or sub for such a "playstyle".
    • Bouldercleave
      Bouldercleave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I would have (I normally do), but a few things in game and SEVERAL things (that I won't get in to) here on the forums lead me farther away from the game every day.

I usually get between 25 -30 daily rewards and in the last 2 months combined, I think I collected 7.

I'm having trouble justifying giving money to a company that silences opinions and healthy discussions because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Edited by Bouldercleave on December 25, 2022 6:25PM
    • Baconlad
      Baconlad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Omg. Some of you guys have 200,000 crowns?

Is that so you can attempt every mount and item in the crown store and crates? That's wild.

I feel bad buying one or two crown packs a year. I do have three kids and a wife to keep me from buying too many though...wild
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Baconlad wrote: »

Is that so you can attempt every mount and item in the crown store and crates? That's wild.

I feel bad buying one or two crown packs a year. I do have three kids and a wife to keep me from buying too many though...wild

I had to abandon a bunch of Crowns on the PS4 when I restarted on the PC, a continually irritating point. I think it was close to 100K because I bought them for use a while prior to switching.

I have 73, 780 Crowns on the PC as I write this. I would probably have bought more during this sale, but have less of a drive to buy things that would make me need more. I could have easily bought 3-5 top Crown packs this time otherwise. (Though buying multiples is a pain and often gets the purchase rejected by a single credit card - a stupid design decision on their part - you can't buy multiple packs in the same purchase.)
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Luke_Flamesword
      Luke_Flamesword
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Last years I bought one or two 21k packs on sales. This year I don't want to spent any more money on crowns, because I felt dissapointed with many thing lately and so far, only new plan for next year gives me some hope. There was no new house in full priced chapter but they have time for crown store house or new crown crates feature... It tell something about priorities...

If next year, new Q3 and Q4 system will be just excuse to give us less content for same money - then I won't buy any crowns ever.
      PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    • M0ntie
      M0ntie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I usually buy a big pack or two during the sale and sometimes not on sale. But so many of my guild mates have been not playing and trials guilds dying that I’m not playing as much these days and certainly won’t reward ZoS for their bad choices and disrespect and ignoring many of the players really knowledgeable about the game. How they can make a release with block bug after block bug is just appalling. And they still don’t listen about changing the best sets all the time.
    • OnnuK
      OnnuK
      ✭✭✭
      I give one more year to ZOS to prove me they are still interested in developing ESO. So yes, I subbed and also got couple of crown packs from the current sales. Time will tell...
      Edited by OnnuK on December 28, 2022 10:05AM
      PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
    • Molydeus
      Molydeus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would have (I normally do), but a few things in game and SEVERAL things (that I won't get in to) here on the forums lead me farther away from the game every day.

I usually get between 25 -30 daily rewards and in the last 2 months combined, I think I collected 7.

I'm having trouble justifying giving money to a company that silences opinions and healthy discussions because it doesn't fit the narrative.

There are multiple threads on the main page with people criticizing ZOS. I've been suspended numerous times for my opinions, but on a whole, I see them leave up a lot of negative topics.
    • lardvader
      lardvader
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I felt like that the previous sale because my game was crashing like crazy. I solved it eventually so I've been waiting for this sale to start. Redoing most of my chars on the main account so needed a bunch of tokens.
      CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There was a Crown Sale?
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • DocFrost72
      DocFrost72
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm pretty sure having 73k crowns is enough to last you the rest of your eso career. I can't imagine having that many.
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      DocFrost72 wrote: »
      I'm pretty sure having 73k crowns is enough to last you the rest of your eso career. I can't imagine having that many.

I used to give the company money on the stupid crate gamble on a regular basis, just because. Some of their actions stopped that.

I suspect I will give in and push ESO+ for another year when it drops soon, but I am not sure. I have wasted money on many other games, so it is not unusual, but their actions here and in the game have lost my desire to help give them more of my money.

I could be buying houses and mounts too, though too many things are now for Crown Gems, which is another annoying change.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Grega
      Grega
      ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair actually, if you wanted every mount, including radiants, you’d have to spend about about 400k crowns quarterly. That’s based on average rng, amount of gems you’d get and frequency of crates released.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grega wrote: »

To be fair actually, if you wanted every mount, including radiants, you’d have to spend about about 400k crowns quarterly. That’s based on average rng, amount of gems you’d get and frequency of crates released.

If the radiant mount you want is available for gems, you are more likely to earn the gems required to buy it before you win one. :neutral:
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus