The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Website acting weird

Harold_Hedd
Harold_Hedd
✭✭✭
I am having all sorts of problems with logging in to the website.

I am using Firefox 108.09.1 and it acts very random. I have attached a 15 minutes long recording of my attempts to get the site working.
The extensions I use is HTTPS-everywhere, uBlock Origin and Prvaci Badger.

I hope @ZOS_Kevin is still monitoring this issue.

tidtilpjat.dk/eso.mp4
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 25, 2022 7:26PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any VPN or web proxies being used? Something is interfering with Firefox being able to establish a connection to the server.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    No, and I don't see how this explains the problem when everyrhing else is working ?

My bank, working union, governemnt sites, helathcare, netflix - perhaps you can direct me to some sites you know and trust, and get more information ?

As the OP in a similat thread mentioned, it all began after this weeks maitenance. I do not know if the two things are connected, but before that everything worked fine.

I am on a Mac M1 with an updated Ventura os. Firefox is updated.

It is ofcourse hard to kepp up with all the automatic updates and background processes running on the computer, but it seems connected to data collecting and perhaps Zenimax has upped their interest in the users and their behavior - I don't know, I am not wearing a tin foil hat, but it is annoying.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've changed to Chrome from Pale Moon (a Firefox fork) after changing to it FROM Firefox because most of my financial sites (US based) seem to be disliking Firefox and any of its forks now. Had issues like that even after removing ad blocker extensions, and when this site also got wonky with Pale Moon about 6 months ago, that was enough. Chrome works perfectly everywhere.

I'm on windows PC, not Mac, so don't know if that makes a huge difference. In fact, I don't know anyone personally who uses a Mac (even my daughter went back to PC), and AFAIK the only poster here other than you who uses a Mac is @BlueRaven. I don't remember any posts from him about site issues, but don't know specifics of his Mac OS version or browser.

There is a Mac tech support forum:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/mac-technical-support

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I've changed to Chrome from Pale Moon (a Firefox fork) after changing to it FROM Firefox because most of my financial sites (US based) seem to be disliking Firefox and any of its forks now. Had issues like that even after removing ad blocker extensions, and when this site also got wonky with Pale Moon about 6 months ago, that was enough. Chrome works perfectly everywhere.

I'm on windows PC, not Mac, so don't know if that makes a huge difference. In fact, I don't know anyone personally who uses a Mac (even my daughter went back to PC), and AFAIK the only poster here other than you who uses a Mac is @BlueRaven. I don't remember any posts from him about site issues, but don't know specifics of his Mac OS version or browser.

There is a Mac tech support forum:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/mac-technical-support

I am having no issues logging into the site from a mac, but I don't use Firefox. I just use Safari, and have no ad blockers or anything. I really can't be that much help. Sorry.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Blue - I didn't think I'd seen you mention any problems!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you luck and a speedy resolution to your problem.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    Try a different browser, Firefox has been experiencing a number of issues recently. Website works just fine on Chrome & Edge.
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try Safari from now on, though it is still strange.

Thank you for responding.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the General Help section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Harold_Hedd

Did using a different web browser help with accessing the website?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Both yes and no - it depends on wether I access the site from a search or write the adress directly into the browser. And there is no clue as to what happens, sometimes I get the old yellow look and then after a few clicks it returns to the normal look, sometimes it takes forever to navigate the site and sometimes it is fast as other websites.

I have monitored my internet speed on sppedtest.net and simultaniesly checked with other sites too - and it seems everything is working fine. I have 200 mb down and 50 mb up.

The game usually runs fine, but there is a noticeable performance drop during events. The loading times iare on the slower side and when there are really many palyers present, like the vulcano dolmens, the lag is also high.
    But I guess those two things are not connected.
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Been trying to log in to buy crowns for about an hour now, I am not receiving the code to verify my login. I've tried using: Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. I do not know why I have to keep getting a token every day I log in, I don't clear my cookies out regularly nor do i have them auto delete when i close my browser.