The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Enchanting 101: The need to knows

• Mentalmelon
    Mentalmelon
    ✭✭
    Brilliant guide, thank you for your time and effort into this!
    Options
  • JadeDarkstep
    Apparently this guide is outdated and there is no such feature as double enchanting. Wasted my 4 Grain Solvents on some useless quest item to make it a purple item and then waste half an hour on Google to find out on Reddit that double enchanting was a bug and is fixed now!

Good game. -.-
    Options
  • Atalle
    Atalle
    ✭✭✭✭
    @JadeDarkstep‌ I haven't removed it yet as posted earlier in this thread as I have not fully tested legendary equipment. Yes double enchantment seems to have been only available to those in the PTS server and I have not found any confirmation one way or another. That is the only part of the guide that is unconfirmed.

I also have a disclaimer posted under the first sentence saying as far "as I have learned. ....."
    Elder Moot Exemplar
    Mara's Moxie and Psijic Order (Beta Tester)
    Options
  • Gexy
    Gexy
    ✭✭✭
    what about this one

Screenshot_20140517_131030.jpg
    its not present in this guide or in the achievement o.o
    Options
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gexy wrote: »
    what about this one

Screenshot_20140517_131030.jpg
    its not present in this guide or in the achievement o.o

It is mentioned in this thread. I keep finding these runes too. They're even voiced but seem to be leftovers from beta.
    I wanted to add that I found Essence Runes - Jaedi and Lire. I think it is a glitch/mistake though because Jaedi = Kaderi (shield) and Lire = Taderi (Physical Harm).

Not only do these runes have identical features to existing runes but it does not say "Discovered" or "Unlocked" or whatever it says when you use a new rune for the first time. I only had 1 of each where I have 10-25 of all other essence runes which again leads me to believe it was some kind of glitch.
    Options
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Although I have used Jaedi several times now, I still have it undiscovered (marked as ?) while a buddy of mine says he does have it discovered..
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
    Options
  • Gexy
    Gexy
    ✭✭✭
    oh that's strange lol
    Options
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    I'm VR6, but only at 24 Enchanting. I must be doing something wrong. :(
    Options
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    I'm VR6, but only at 24 Enchanting. I must be doing something wrong. :(

This is the only crafting that I would say has a "grind" to it. I use a trading kin partner. I send him sets 20 stones to make glyphs, he returns them and I decon for max enchanting XP. I do the same for him. We always do green and usually try to stick to blue. From level 30 and above the TAs just do not generate the enchanting XP to make it worth the time. Greens are ok, and blues x 20 will get you a level each round or pretty close to it.

I generally use which ever trapezoid and square (highest level possible) runes that I have the most of. Crafting in this manner the leveling goes pretty fast. If you are not in a good guild, PM me and I'll trade with you to help out.

Edit: In game toon is Tatt
    Edited by Tatuaje on June 4, 2014 12:21PM
    Options
  • Atalle
    Atalle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be revising these charts shortly to reflect the new potency levels up to vr12. Been busy as of late.

Edit: Updated the Potency chart to reflect the changes in gear level and glyph name. As always, if there's any that are incorrect please let me know!

Thanks,

Atalle
    Edited by Atalle on June 5, 2014 2:18AM
    Elder Moot Exemplar
    Mara's Moxie and Psijic Order (Beta Tester)
    Options
  • Lucifis
    Lucifis
    Soul Shriven
    Atalle wrote: »
    Rune information
    There are three types of runes gathered throughout the world. Each rune type has its own special property which when combined with the other two types of runes will create glyphs that can used to enchant weapons, armor and/or jewelry

Potency Runes (The Purple Square found in purplish blue shrines in the world)

1850544.jpg

Essence Runes (The Trapezoid shaped found in greenish yellow shrines around the world)

1747194.jpg

Aspect Runes (The Circular shaped found in reddish orange shrines around the world)

1747195.jpg

Ok well while this was helpful I still cant figure out how to get it started at all! when ever I try to use even the lowest level runes it says I need potency level one which makes no sense at all
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lucifis wrote: »
    Atalle wrote: »
    Rune information
    There are three types of runes gathered throughout the world. Each rune type has its own special property which when combined with the other two types of runes will create glyphs that can used to enchant weapons, armor and/or jewelry

Potency Runes (The Purple Square found in purplish blue shrines in the world)

1850544.jpg

Essence Runes (The Trapezoid shaped found in greenish yellow shrines around the world)

1747194.jpg

Aspect Runes (The Circular shaped found in reddish orange shrines around the world)

1747195.jpg

Ok well while this was helpful I still cant figure out how to get it started at all! when ever I try to use even the lowest level runes it says I need potency level one which makes no sense at all

You start with potency level one, does it say you need potency improvement one, because that's potency level two
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double enchanting does work on rings that have the Arcane enchantment allready on them when looted. I enchanted my two VR1 "Arcane reduce magicka use by 15" rings yesterday with add 64 max magicka. Can't say about necklaces, though.
    Halcyon Black
    Options
  • navra1ub17_ESO
    Thanks for the excellent tutorial Atalle. However I have a question regarding the type of glyph. How do I specify the type? For example I would like to craft a stamina glyph to be used on a ring but I don't know how to specify the glyph is for jewelry.
    Options