The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZeniMax devs, about "Housing" in ESO...

Mordux
Mordux
✭✭
First, thank you for a great game. I personally really enjoy it and all the "quality of life" updates you have made over the 3 years since I started playing.

I hearby in this post humbly ask you to consider yet another addition to the game regarding Housing, more specifically the amount of furniture that's becoming a problem for me (and maybe others). So I would very much appreciate a "craftbag" like storage solution to furniture.

As it is now for me, I have so much stuff stashed in all houses, bank, alts-inventory that I don't have energy to organize it all. If I wanted to do something with a house and needed to "clear" the storage I don't have anywhere to put it. I do love the game, I do have 18 chars and on a good day I have like 20-30 inventory slots to playaround with. The stuff I saved from playing the game is not "crap" so I can't really just start to delete it either.

If you could please add a feature for the furniture like crafting mats, It would be soo great!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 6, 2022 5:00AM
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture sells well. I sell all surplus.
    PC/EU
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Furniture sells well. I sell all surplus.

    Bound furniture doesn't, though, so anything they have from a Crown Store purchase or a furnished home purchase...
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordux wrote: »
    First, thank you for a great game. I personally really enjoy it and all the "quality of life" updates you have made over the 3 years since I started playing.

    I hearby in this post humbly ask you to consider yet another addition to the game regarding Housing, more specifically the amount of furniture that's becoming a problem for me (and maybe others). So I would very much appreciate a "craftbag" like storage solution to furniture.

    As it is now for me, I have so much stuff stashed in all houses, bank, alts-inventory that I don't have energy to organize it all. If I wanted to do something with a house and needed to "clear" the storage I don't have anywhere to put it. I do love the game, I do have 18 chars and on a good day I have like 20-30 inventory slots to playaround with. The stuff I saved from playing the game is not "crap" so I can't really just start to delete it either.

    If you could please add a feature for the furniture like crafting mats, It would be soo great!

    Couldn't agree more. I have same problem but its improved somewhat thru sales and just deleting things that I know won't sale or I will ever need.
    Scourge of the Pact, Sorrow of the Covenant, Sunder of the Dominion
  • Mordux
    Mordux
    ✭✭
    Furniture sells well. I sell all surplus.

    I do sell alot also. There are however so many beautiful furniture in the game that you want to collect (if you are into these things). I live on the hope that ONE DAY i will have the energy to really committ to decorate and when that day comes I would like to have the things needed - since I dont know what those things are now.

    Once you start saving furniture in your houses, on your banks...pretty much everywhere you can, then you dont have overview over what you have and where it is. So this big project - that it already is considering the number of items in the game - becomes just too big to have energy to even start.

    It would be so great to have all owned furniture in a "list" so you can easy overview where it is, how it looks, how many you have etc... man it would really bring up Housing to next level and maybe more people would enjoy this lovely feature in the game.

    Please guys, if you agree to this feature give this thread some attention so maybe it won't dissapear before the devs have a chance to see it.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they mentioned in the past there are technical difficulties in making a furnishing bag like the crafting bag. I wonder if they could make a 5000 slot furnishing items only storage chest instead.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't mention which platform you are on.

    Whilst it wont help at all if you are on Console and won't help with sheer volume of items even on PC, the addon Inventory Insight will at least allow you to see what furniture you have and where it is.

    Once loaded just visit every one of your houses, look in all your storage chests and log to every character it will compile a list of everything you have! 😀
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    My solution so far has been to place any noteworthy stacks in mules, and all low quantity items in storage homes.

    That's 430 stacks plus 1300 individual pieces, at a cost of two homes and two characters.

    It sort of works, but a bit annoying when building, as it requires some relogging and porting between homes. Basically I need to pre-plan the stuff I want to try, plus use a third home and character to function as a sort of clearinghouse.

    A crafting bag or similar solution to replace this would be a very welcome feature.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before I switched servers I had 4-5 storage houses with... 2000 plus items I guess. Plus the dozen or so decorated houses with.. like 5000 items.

    That's 7000 items and their server still has to remember exactly where each item was placed, which items I'd linked together, which lights where turned on, etc.

    When Final Fantasy 14 had a huge spike in players one of the things they did to help the servers was destroy the homes of anyone who hadn't logged in for a few months.

    I'm not advocating anything that extreme but simply letting us sell back houses bought with gold we no longer want (for like 50% of what we paid) and adding a furniture stash box would seem a simple way to reduce the strain on our near decade old servers. You could even just make the stash box for bound items- achievement unlockables and crown store purchases.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    Mordux wrote: »
    First, thank you for a great game. I personally really enjoy it and all the "quality of life" updates you have made over the 3 years since I started playing.

    I hearby in this post humbly ask you to consider yet another addition to the game regarding Housing, more specifically the amount of furniture that's becoming a problem for me (and maybe others). So I would very much appreciate a "craftbag" like storage solution to furniture.

    As it is now for me, I have so much stuff stashed in all houses, bank, alts-inventory that I don't have energy to organize it all. If I wanted to do something with a house and needed to "clear" the storage I don't have anywhere to put it. I do love the game, I do have 18 chars and on a good day I have like 20-30 inventory slots to playaround with. The stuff I saved from playing the game is not "crap" so I can't really just start to delete it either.

    If you could please add a feature for the furniture like crafting mats, It would be soo great!

    Couldn't agree more. I have same problem but its improved somewhat thru sales and just deleting things that I know won't sale or I will ever need.

    Don't delete just sell super cheap or give away
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Before I switched servers I had 4-5 storage houses with... 2000 plus items I guess. Plus the dozen or so decorated houses with.. like 5000 items.

    That's 7000 items and their server still has to remember exactly where each item was placed, which items I'd linked together, which lights where turned on, etc.

    When Final Fantasy 14 had a huge spike in players one of the things they did to help the servers was destroy the homes of anyone who hadn't logged in for a few months.

    I'm not advocating anything that extreme but simply letting us sell back houses bought with gold we no longer want (for like 50% of what we paid) and adding a furniture stash box would seem a simple way to reduce the strain on our near decade old servers. You could even just make the stash box for bound items- achievement unlockables and crown store purchases.

    Except, the limit is 700 per house :P
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a Furniture "Crate", as well.

    I just finished decorating my first house ever, and I really liked the sourcing and acquisition of furniture aspect of it, as well as the decorating. I also still have enough furniture left over from scrying and drops that I have nearly filled the other Notable (700 slot) home I own. That's the home I'd like to start decorating next!
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have several houses with random furnishings stacked in rows for storage. I’m no coding expert, but it seems that it would take up less data on the server to keep track of 50 item X in a furniture bag than to store the x, y, and z coordinates of 50 item Xs laid out in an unused house.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A furniture bag or something similar to the sticker book would be nice but I doubt it would ever happen. There are already thousands of pieces of furniture and always more coming into the game, I think databasing would be the issue or the work to create those extra databases.

    What I would be happy with tho would be that ALL STRUCTURE pieces would be put into a Stickerbook System and once we have unlocked them - never have to remake them again. That's right, we would be able to use those pieces in each and every house as many times as we would like for free.

    Having said all that, to combat the issues stated in this thread this is what I am doing to address it:

    Currently I have 71 houses, 16 of them are what I like to call "test" houses, others have called them "showcases" or "furniture stores". Whatever you want to call them, basically I use them as my guides. I have them sorted into categories and place one of every item into them so I can always come back to them to see what I have available to work with.

    I have this sorted with a Spreadsheet database that tells me all the items in each house and where to get them from or which craft makes them. Example - one of my houses stores all Beds/Trunks/Wardrobes/Dressers/Shelves/Writing Desks/Bookcases/Pillows & Cushions. So obviously here if I want to decide on how a Bedroom, Study/Library of mine could look, I come here for an idea. I have another house for all the foods in the game as well as dishes/cups etc, another for all building structures/components etc, another for all items that go on walls such as paintings, tapestries etc.

    So, to the author of this thread, that is something you could do, create specific houses to use as ideas for later when you want to work on your master pieces.
    Edited by Paulytnz on December 6, 2022 2:59AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

    After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

    Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    A furniture bag or something similar to the sticker book would be nice but I doubt it would ever happen. There are already thousands of pieces of furniture and always more coming into the game, I think databasing would be the issue or the work to create those extra databases.

    What I would be happy with tho would be that ALL STRUCTURE pieces would be put into a Stickerbook System and once we have unlocked them - never have to remake them again. That's right, we would be able to use those pieces in each and every house as many times as we would like for free.

    Having said all that, to combat the issues stated in this thread this is what I am doing to address it:

    Currently I have 71 houses, 16 of them are what I like to call "test" houses, others have called them "showcases" or "furniture stores". Whatever you want to call them, basically I use them as my guides. I have them sorted into categories and place one of every item into them so I can always come back to them to see what I have available to work with.

    I have this sorted with a Spreadsheet database that tells me all the items in each house and where to get them from or which craft makes them. Example - one of my houses stores all Beds/Trunks/Wardrobes/Dressers/Shelves/Writing Desks/Bookcases/Pillows & Cushions. So obviously here if I want to decide on how a Bedroom, Study/Library of mine could look, I come here for an idea. I have another house for all the foods in the game as well as dishes/cups etc, another for all building structures/components etc, another for all items that go on walls such as paintings, tapestries etc.

    So, to the author of this thread, that is something you could do, create specific houses to use as ideas for later when you want to work on your master pieces.

    Sure, you are right about the database thing but if ESO has made the amount of money that others have said then they can afford to fix the database issue.

    Stay safe
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always said that what I would like would be several large, actual warehouses in the game with built-in shelving and different levels, where we can actually store our extra furniture. They could be priced a bit cheaper than the Coldharbour estate or Moon Sugar Meadow and available for gold. I envision something like a large building like we see the Ark of the Covenant being stashed away by the government at the end of the Indiana Jones movie 🙂
    Edited by Elvenheart on December 6, 2022 7:50PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    You don't mention which platform you are on.

    Whilst it wont help at all if you are on Console and won't help with sheer volume of items even on PC, the addon Inventory Insight will at least allow you to see what furniture you have and where it is.

    Once loaded just visit every one of your houses, look in all your storage chests and log to every character it will compile a list of everything you have! 😀

    This isn't working for me. I enabled the 'scrape all houses' but I only have 1 storage house and I went in there but it still won't show items there.

    Otherwise, I do use Inventory Insight to show all my furniture on mules. I use Master Recipe to see if I have a pattern.
    Edited by SpiritKitten on December 6, 2022 9:10PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's how I build:

    1. browse eso.mmm-fashion.com for an idea of which chair I want
    2. check inventory insight to see if I have any spare chairs in that style, if not: check my warehouse, if not:
    3. check master recipe to see if I have the pattern, if not:
    4. check tamriel trade center website to find out where to buy the pattern

    I never buy pre-made crafted furniture, only patterns. My storage warehouse and mules are full of lux vendor and antiquity items, and items that didn't work out for a build. I don't sell them in case I might want to use them later.

    I need a furniture crate like they already have on the test server to store these excess items.
    Edited by SpiritKitten on December 6, 2022 9:18PM
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely could use additional storage for furnishings! All 8 of my storage coffers are full of stacks of luxury items and anything that I have fewer than 20 of I mostly keep in "Storage Homes".... in other words homes that I will never get to decorate because I need to use them for the 700 item slots they give me. Sad, sad, sad.


    I would pay for this additional storage. I would pay A LOT. I would pay to expand it. TAKE MY MONEY because seriously I can't take this storage issue anymore. Every week, an additional lux item is added. That's 52 items EVERY YEAR that you are not giving me space to store. And assuming I buy more than one (and almost always, I buy at least 50)- that means my storage coffers or bank have to take on even more.


    Because you for whatever reason love console players, we know you will not expand housing limits and I will (probably) stop asking for that to expand. But so that I can keep buying, I need room to put what I'm buying!
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leighlaa wrote: »
    I definitely could use additional storage for furnishings! All 8 of my storage coffers are full of stacks of luxury items and anything that I have fewer than 20 of I mostly keep in "Storage Homes".... in other words homes that I will never get to decorate because I need to use them for the 700 item slots they give me. Sad, sad, sad.


    I would pay for this additional storage. I would pay A LOT. I would pay to expand it. TAKE MY MONEY because seriously I can't take this storage issue anymore. Every week, an additional lux item is added. That's 52 items EVERY YEAR that you are not giving me space to store. And assuming I buy more than one (and almost always, I buy at least 50)- that means my storage coffers or bank have to take on even more.


    Because you for whatever reason love console players, we know you will not expand housing limits and I will (probably) stop asking for that to expand. But so that I can keep buying, I need room to put what I'm buying!


    It's not ONLY console players, it's also PC players with old PCs, stop blaming one section of the population please.

    Edited by Paulytnz on December 8, 2022 6:03AM
Sign In or Register to comment.