Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

whats a good playstyle for a Norn

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
I feel like im missing somthin cause I don't know the game yet but I play a norn and its my guess they use two handed weapons as primary and a little magic on the side? is that an accurate playstyle for norns? also I joined the blue alliance but my character is from the gold alliance whats that all about did I make a mistake by choosing it that way?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'm assuming you're talking about a Nord.

Second, you can choose any alliance with any race (or at least you can if you're currently able to play), but if you want to match the alliance the Nords are generally with, you want the Ebonheart Pact (red).

Finally, in terms of playstyle: any race/class can use any weapon/playstyle. Your racial buffs may make you better suited for a specific weapon type, but what you do with your character is up to you. Play the way you want to. There's no right answer to that question.
    ----
    Murray?
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    I am a dragonnight norn. with that said what is my inherent better abilities a fighter with weapons or magic? seems magic is way stronger
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    First, I'm assuming you're talking about a Nord.

Second, you can choose any alliance with any race (or at least you can if you're currently able to play), but if you want to match the alliance the Nords are generally with, you want the Ebonheart Pact (red).

Finally, in terms of playstyle: any race/class can use any weapon/playstyle. Your racial buffs may make you better suited for a specific weapon type, but what you do with your character is up to you. Play the way you want to. There's no right answer to that question.

as he says it makes no odds what playstyle you choose, all options are valid, every class can be perfectly viable as any job, dragonknights make good melee yet also good casters, its entirely how you want to play your character
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Norn?

That's something from another game. There are no Norns in TES.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.