The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pause Buffs while in homes.

sPark101
sPark101
✭✭✭
Oftentimes I find myself in my home doing various things but I'm always in a hurry because my exp/food buffs are slowly dwindling down. Can buff timers please be paused while at our homes?
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably just too hard to do in terms of coding.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a similar topic asking if respondents think the hourglass that freezes time should halt food buff countdown and the response was overwhelmingly negative on the forums. Some people even rationalized that biochemical processes would be happening even in a time-stopped home, others voted no simply because they wanted to see other things added before this was added (an overcomplicated way of saying no, but a no nonetheless).

overall I agree with the following sentiment
    I [...] don't see why it would matter if food isn't depleted while you are at home. You aren't in combat and it doesn't give any true advantage that I can discern.

combat buffs would still need a timer since people parsing on dummies is a factor.

if buff = food and zone = player home then pause food buff
    if buff = drink and zone = player home then pause drink buff
    if buff = exp and zone = player home then pause exp buff
    Edited by Dr_Con on November 29, 2022 5:34PM
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice. There's no reason to have XP scrolls run down while in a home.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as ap scrolls/tortes should be paused out of combat.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind. I believe someone pointed out the last time this was raised that other things would have to freeze too, like your bounty level, for this to be implemented logically. I personally prefer having the time ticking over as buff food is pretty cheap overall and I like fleeing to my house to get away from guards.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not! Houses are where a lot of PvPers test their builds dueling with friends, whitout harassing other players or being harassed by other players, and you can't properly test a build without the food buff.

You know, before going for a real test at the Bergama Wayshrine (on Pc-Eu) you want to test your build first against some of your friends in your house, where nobody can see that your build plays like s**t as usual (that was my case, at least, most of the times).
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add that houses are also the place where you test your DPS against a dummy, and you can't parse for a realistic test without the food buff.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    Forgot to add that houses are also the place where you test your DPS against a dummy, and you can't parse for a realistic test without the food buff.

The food buff would still be live, just not counting down. That's my wish.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »

Parsing on dummies is literally not a factor in this simple QOL request.